Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:13 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Need Help With GH Program

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3103 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2007, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Hi Guys:

I am looking for an antique version of the GH program where the data files for the games end in .DTA and .DAT instead of .SHL and .LOG

I have GH programs going back to 05/04/1995 and those all use the .SHL and .LOG data files. 

I have an old shareware program called Neurolot from 1992 that uses the GH .DTA and .DAT files for its data, you update the GH program and this program then supposedly trains a neuro network, takes the 10 best GH picks and converts to a single six number pick.  You are supposed to train multiple networks for the game and make predictions in stages of training. 

If anyone has a copy of the GH from back around 1993 or older I'd appreciate a PM, don't need wheels or anything else.  For what it's worth, anyone trying this will likely need to restore  an antique dos computer as I recall GH software suffered from runtime200 errors prior to the later upgrades.

BobP

Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3103 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Arrrrrrrgh, found a copy and it too has .SLH files now I really don't know how the dang program is supposed to work.  Nevermind. BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2007, 2:41 am - IP Logged

I once downloaded NeuroLot and could not get it to work, so I deleted it.

Many lottery programs have been abandoned. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Belleville , Illinois
        United States
        Member #1850
        July 15, 2003
        70 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2007, 6:25 am - IP Logged

Hy

I thinks the original GH was written in Cobol and as I remember it was very slow

BigJer 

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3103 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

From what I've been able to figure out the data files are in Visual Basic, they consist of the last ten draws of the game, subscribers were supposed to be able to get regular updates, but the whole thing apparently died and now the program is abandon. 

Anyone know how to open a visual basic .dta file, turn it to text to update and re-compile it using only common household tools? 

Send me an email if you want a copy of this thing, put Neurolot in the subject line.  Remember it's only going to be useable if you know VB.

Thanks. BobP

dx123's avatar - white face.jpg
            somewhere
            Canada
            Member #39919
            May 24, 2006
            150 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Hello BobP>>>

My copy of GH is dated as May 1992 and .SHL was used at that time, I never noticed a change when updating from her site over the years. I had no idea a GH program could have been around earlier than that. I was using her 'Strategies' Book since 1985, got my first 386 home comp in 1988, DOS of course, and started to look in all the rags for lottery software, with GH surfacing the most and finally shelled out for the program in 1992.

BTW>> I did check the original orange floppies for files with .DTA and .DAT, however, none exist, I have the International version, I'm sure that would not make a difference.

Sorry I could not have been of further assistance.

yt

dx123

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Back in the late 80's or early 90's some one gave me their copy of a GH program on a 5"floppy that was written in Basic and saved with the protect feature. Sometime later BYTE magazine had an article about how to view a program saved that way, I looked at the program and decided I could write my own and that was the start of the program I'm still using today which is written using GWBasic and compiled using a QBasic compiler. 

I would think if you know the format of the data the Neurolot program needs then you can rewrite your data using that format if the files are in an ASCII format.  I exchange files between my program and other programs by rewriting the data files so they will work which requires removing or adding separators and line feeds and changing the files extensions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 11:18 am - IP Logged

From what I've been able to figure out the data files are in Visual Basic, they consist of the last ten draws of the game, subscribers were supposed to be able to get regular updates, but the whole thing apparently died and now the program is abandon. 

Anyone know how to open a visual basic .dta file, turn it to text to update and re-compile it using only common household tools? 

Send me an email if you want a copy of this thing, put Neurolot in the subject line.  Remember it's only going to be useable if you know VB.

Thanks. BobP

You can look at the file by opening it with NotePad.  You can also edit and save it with a new name that works from NotePad.  The old program was probably written using GWBasic since Visual Basic came out later. 

It would be faster if you know Basic or some other computer language to write a routine to read the data file and rewrite it to a new file with the new format.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

BobP

I downloaded a copy of neurolot which had the file PA_6_48.DTA and it wasn't in an ASCII format so you won't be able to rewrite the files as I suggested in my earlier post.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I downloaded a copy of Lotto Sorcerer which also claims to use technology(neural network/artificial intelligence) designed to detect subtle patterns in what appears to be random events to predict numbers to play.  It comes with a complete set of data files for most lotteries around the worlds that have been updated within the last two weeks.

Using it may be easier than trying to find an old copy of GH program.  It's data files are in an ASCII format and it can import any data file that in a text format.  Also, since all its data files are in format that can be read with notepad, they can be easily exported to other applications or used by anyone who just collect data files for other lotteries to test or analyze.

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3103 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2007, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I downloaded a copy of Lotto Sorcerer which also claims to use technology(neural network/artificial intelligence) designed to detect subtle patterns in what appears to be random events to predict numbers to play.  It comes with a complete set of data files for most lotteries around the worlds that have been updated within the last two weeks.

Using it may be easier than trying to find an old copy of GH program.  It's data files are in an ASCII format and it can import any data file that in a text format.  Also, since all its data files are in format that can be read with notepad, they can be easily exported to other applications or used by anyone who just collect data files for other lotteries to test or analyze.

I too have tried Lotto Sorcerer and had beginner's luck only to lose all I won and more before giving up on it.  I've also determined the Neural Lotto file system is not that of the GH software.  I now suspect the author wanted users to buy draw updates like that Lotto Cheater software does.  I don't have a lot of use for software you can't pull out years later to test a new idea.  It's either yours useable forever or you're just renting it. 

Nice to see you are exploring other avenues.  Who knows when a culmination of events will result in success.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I used Lotto Sorcerer to analyze Ohio Rolling Cash5 with over 700 drawings.  It divided all 39 numbers into three groups of hot numbers, cold numbers and non-hot/non-cold numbers and suggested picking numbers from all three groups in combinations I played.

I had expected its neural network logic to improve my odds by reducing the pool of numbers but it suggested my odds of winning would improve 46% by using all 39 numbers distributed in the combinations I played using the suggested ratio of numbers from each group.

It did pick 25 lines randomly with those rules using 35 of the 39 numbers that matched 3 once and 2 three times which was slightly better then the overall odds of 1:8.7 of having a winning ticket.  $25 worth of tickets would have won $13.  So far that's not much better than any other software I've tested.

Evil Looking