Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you suffer from "oneoffitis"?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by MADDOG10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #50319
March 3, 2007
42 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2007, 7:11 am - IP Logged

I seem to be suffering from that dreaded illness, "one-off-itis". Last 5 days, I have been picking 10 numbers for Cash 3 and Cash 4 in Georgia. Each time, one of my picks will be one digit off. The last two days, I said to myself, " Self, let's go ahead and go up or down one digit from each pick and see if we can stop this "one-off" syndrome". So what happens? Those picks are one off. I just want to say "ERRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!". Thank you, I feel better.
Any cure for "oneoffitis"?

Example, I had started playing "441" as a combo in the Cash 3. $3 for each pick since Friday noon. Guess what fell in the last few days, 551 and 331. I had tried my cure, but went for 412, 431, 541, etc.
Should we start a "oneoffitis" foundation or just be glad its not "two-off-itis"?

United States
    Member #29417
    January 1, 2006
    355 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I seem to be suffering from that dreaded illness, "one-off-itis". Last 5 days, I have been picking 10 numbers for Cash 3 and Cash 4 in Georgia. Each time, one of my picks will be one digit off. The last two days, I said to myself, " Self, let's go ahead and go up or down one digit from each pick and see if we can stop this "one-off" syndrome". So what happens? Those picks are one off. I just want to say "ERRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!". Thank you, I feel better.

Example, I had started playing "441" as a combo in the Cash 3. $3 for each pick since Friday noon. Guess what fell in the last few days, 551 and 331. I had tried my cure, but went for 412, 431, 541, etc.
    Should we start a "oneoffitis" foundation or just be glad its not "two-off-itis"?

yeah i think that's going around these days IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE...

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
      Winchester, Kentucky
      United States
      Member #42711
      July 7, 2006
      1201 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Yes I suffer from the same illness.......lolol

ROFL

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
        Florida
        United States
        Member #6147
        August 8, 2004
        1396 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Happens with me most days and still looking for the cure!

Good Luck!

Stavros

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #46570
          September 14, 2006
          558 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Hi ...members of the One-Off-Itis gang !

Happens to me all the time.... and when I go up or down by one, I change the right numbers to the wrong ones..so even when I should win, I lose! ...

Checking myself into the One-Off-Itis Rehab clinic today ...I need # detox right away ! Dead

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Chronically, especially on the pick 3 and 4 games. 348...349 etc.

United States
              Member #29417
              January 1, 2006
              355 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Chronically, especially on the pick 3 and 4 games. 348...349 etc.

No Nodoh man u have it bad....i think it's contagious

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I see stavros has checked in, was waiting on him over here,haha! Yes, I have case of it too. The only way to remedy it is to play more numbers to cover all your bases but I'm too cheap most of the time! There's really no reason to be off a digit if you do that. Maybe we suffer from "cheap-itis" too. LOL

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                  Member #28409
                  December 15, 2005
                  1198 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I' m sure that 441 will be coming down pretty soon. No longer than a week. Plus if you use todd's deflate system you can check to see if that number is even present at all for the next coming 7 days. If it is listed, I would keep playing it.

Good Luck!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    917 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I think anyone who has been playing lottery games for awhile feel your pain (note:  congrats to those who win the jackpot the very first time you play...but it sux 4 us who have been playing a long time and only winning the bottom two or three tier prizes like $1 - $7...having the winning combo and not playing it for that draw doesn't count...really sux!).  But don't feel so hurt...sure winning a pick 3 or pick 4 top prize is still cool but there is a lottery group (I for one don't really understand the concept of forming a lottery pool...yeah, when I win, I want the WHOLE jackpot...cash value that is...all to myself and of course Uncle Sam and charities will get their share) in Minnesota that billed themselves as "1 Away From Retirement" in which their Powerball number was exactly one digit away from the winning powerball number...oh well, $200,000 divided among 21 people...sux (that's why I don't understand lottery pools)...but it could have been $120M (annuity) divided among 21 people...I guess the number 21 is the aim in a particular card game, but it apparently didn't bring them any luck!  Keep hope alive though...that couple in Nevada who won a recent $15M Powerball prize had the week prior just come in to claim a third tier $10K win...I wonder if that happened to them what would they change their lottery pool name to?  Anyway, lottery pools and verbal agreement pool sharing is just bad business sense in my opinion...just look at most of the lawsuits related to jackpot winnings...they usually involve people who participate in lottery pools.  Plus one should be suspect of such an arrangement if it is heavily pushed and marketed by the lottery commissions.  Combine extremely high odds with a suspect legal arrangement...not good.  I like to believe my chance of winning as well as my luck of winning is better playing all by myself.  Plus with a lottery pool, you really can't keep your winning a secret...by the very nature of most lottery pools, MANY people are going to KNOW you have come into some serious loot.  Anyway, let me get off my anti-lottery pool soap box.  As I say in signing off, don't overthink your playing strategy because...

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49767 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:24 am - IP Logged

You could start a Foundation for One-Off-Itis:

However you started with a Combination that had Two-Off-Itis, and after applying your Cure:

Although the Cure didn't Cure the Two-Off-Itis, it did improve the condition to One-Off-Itis.

Each Combination (ABC) is made up of three Pairs AB AC BC:

Maybe you could apply the Cure to a Pair at a time instead of a Digit at a time.

The Cure:
                      1-Plus, Plus
                      2-Plus, Minus
                      3-Minus, Plus
                      4-Minus, Minus

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I notice a lot of time (most of the time)..(all the time) on my cash ball or power ball ticket's I have a lot of "in betweener's"..When I have a 9 for example I'll have 8 and 10..If I have maybe a 21 I'll have 20 and 22!!!..Is there a meds for this??.....................................

United States
                          Member #50319
                          March 3, 2007
                          42 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

THAT'S IT!! NO MORE. Georgia midday was Cash 3- 442, Cash 4- 1273. Well, I was playing 441 again (among other numbers) , and 1283, 1173, 1272. So I concede, I'm beat. Not worth the anger and frustration. And my Cash 4 numbers were one-ups and one-downs on my original picks which were 1293, 1293, 1073, and 1271. Too much aggravation and second guessing. Mad

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #46570
                            September 14, 2006
                            558 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

THAT'S IT!! NO MORE. Georgia midday was Cash 3- 442, Cash 4- 1273. Well, I was playing 441 again (among other numbers) , and 1283, 1173, 1272. So I concede, I'm beat. Not worth the anger and frustration. And my Cash 4 numbers were one-ups and one-downs on my original picks which were 1293, 1293, 1073, and 1271. Too much aggravation and second guessing. Mad

I feel your pain demdude ... it will eat at you until you feel sick inside ..chasing it day after day, week after week ... siphoning hard earned cash out of your pockets. It's like someones signature reads " To win a small fortune, You need to start with a large one" ..so true.

Dont get upset, take a break from it for a week. Don't even look at the numbers at all... you will feel refreshed after a week when you can get back into it with a fresh start.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

take it from the master of being one off.stick with your numbers and they will come.patience is the key.everyone has seen me get down and out with oneoffitis but then when i get that pick 4 hit for 2,500 dollars it clears up.