Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Doubt Quick Picks?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:27 am - IP Logged

(Am putting htis here instead of Jackpot Games for more exposure...this just happens to be results for a pick 5 game, but the real topic is Quick Picks)

Here are some recent winners for Illinois Little Lotto- a 5 /39 game with a drawing everyday:

(Skipped dates mean no jackpot winner for that draw):

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 06, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 16 - 27 - 33 - 34 - 38

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
    INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:        1
 EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $100,000.00

WINNING TICKET(S) WERE SOLD AT:

200277    7-ELEVEN #33140          (QP)
            37763 N GREEN BAY RD
            BEACH PARK/60099

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 07, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 03 - 07 - 10 - 11 - 22

200005    MARATHON OF N CHICAGO      (QP)
            2004 ML KING DR 22ND ST
            NORTH CHICAGO/60064

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 05 - 21 - 26 - 27 - 31

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:        2
 EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $190,000.00

097832    ELITE CAR WASH INC        (QP)
            823 N WESTERN AVE
            CHICAGO/60622

427096    SAVANNA STATION #276      (QP)
            1230 CHICAGO AVE
            SAVANNA/61074

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 08 - 14 - 16 - 30 - 34

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:        3
 EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $58,333.00

098699    MOBIL STATION
            810 N ROSELLE RD
            HOFFMAN ESTATES/60194

100413    7-ELEVEN #33067          (QP)
            5316 N MILWAUKEE AVE
            CHICAGO/60630

126227    GAS CITY #169            (QP)
            16701 S LAGRANGE RD
            ORLAND HILLS/60477

WINNING NUMBERS: 16 - 20 - 23 - 26 - 30

600126    PRAIRIE PANTRY
            1645 W GRAND AVE
            DECATUR/62522

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 10 - 19 - 33 - 36 - 38

EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $370,000.00

200119    SUNNY PETROLIUM INC        (QP)
            647 S YORK ROAD
            BENSENVILLE/60106

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 04 - 13 - 14 - 21 - 29

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:        2
 EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $87,500.00

234427    WHITE HEN PANTRY #6804      (QP)
            401 W CRESCENT
            LOMBARD/60148

200725    TOUHY LIQUOR STORE        (QP)
            1924 E TOUHY AVE
            DES PLAINES/60018

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 03 - 08 - 18 - 19 - 38

100056    PRADA PETROLEUM          (QP)
            2338 N SACRAMENTO AVE
            CHICAGO/60647

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 01 - 06 - 13 - 33 - 39

117960    SCHERMERHORN CIGAR STORE    (QP)
            130 E RANDOLPH ST
            CHICAGO/60601

Let's see. since March  6, 13 winning tickets.  11 of the 13 quick were quick  picks.  This is typical.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:40 am - IP Logged

One reason I wish I didn't have my personal numbers engraved on my brain, is because I'd rather spend my money on QPs, but I'm too invested in these combinations to change, crazy or not. 

Everyone always writes that the only reason QPs win more often is that 70% of the players buy them. That probably is a valid point, but so what?  So far every single Florida jackpot that I've seen in about a year has been won with a quick pick. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:47 am - IP Logged

I have my own theory about "personal numbers". People are either destined to hit (lucky), or not. So for those few who are destined to hit, whether they play a quick pick, their personal numbers, or perhaps a serial number off of the dollar bill they're standing in line with, that will work for them. 

But if somone is not among those destined to hit, it's like the 'cosmos' is waiting for the day you don't play those numbers, and then lets them hit that very night!  Kind of like " a great cosmis joke" kind of thing - maybe it's a way the cosmos entertains itself.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8359 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2007, 11:49 am - IP Logged

It stands to reason that more pick 5 games are won with quick picks because more people buy quick picks. the hard core lottery players probably play their favorite numbers and might by a few qpicks too.

sure luck has a lot to do with it. however it's not the ticket you buy or the numbers you play, it's the draw of the balls that will determine a winner or not.

You can do anything you like to try and influence luck to come your way but in the end it all about the luck of the draw. I'm sure people who buy qpicks or play their own numbers are thinking before they buy and at the moment of purchase and throughout the day i hope today is my lucky day.

If you buy tickets with the premise that your numbers or tickets never win then you might set your self up for a big letdown. However again even though you had a bad thought about winning you still might be holding the winning ticket. You purchase doesn't influence the draw in any way shape form or fashion. It's still the luck of the draw.  

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

One reason I wish I didn't have my personal numbers engraved on my brain, is because I'd rather spend my money on QPs, but I'm too invested in these combinations to change, crazy or not. 

Everyone always writes that the only reason QPs win more often is that 70% of the players buy them. That probably is a valid point, but so what?  So far every single Florida jackpot that I've seen in about a year has been won with a quick pick. 

I'd say more like 98% play QPs, and it is indeed the ultimate answer as to why the majority of winners are QP players. It makes sense. The majority of the tickets sold are quick picks(by a long shot as well), therefore the majority of winners will be people who played QPs.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

If most of the winning numbers came from any other source than QPs, there would be an investigation as there was when all those folks got 5of5 on their PB ticket using the fortune cookie numbers.  QPs cover all the possible combinations while systems and personal numbers only cover a few.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I'd say more like 98% play QPs, and it is indeed the ultimate answer as to why the majority of winners are QP players. It makes sense. The majority of the tickets sold are quick picks(by a long shot as well), therefore the majority of winners will be people who played QPs.

I would agree with you, since that's what I see when I'm at the store, but I've read that statistics show the percentage is around 70-75% depending on the game.  The people who arrive at these figures might be including Pick-3 and Pick-4 games.  It makes sense that more QPs are sold for the big jackpot games.

letitride$'s avatar - Lottery-067.jpg

United States
                Member #50990
                March 23, 2007
                25 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Well, if they would investigate a winner for a fortune cookie try, as opposed to a QP, it seems to show worry over the integrity of the draw and their employees. One could as easily win, in theory, by a preselected set as by a QP. They have no proof of cheating, and it is pretty hard to cheat at a random event governed by independent trials unless the draw was rigged and the purchasers knew it was for a particular drawing, with inside help being needed, of course. It is either sore losership by the state or a vote of lack of confidence in ther system and workers! :)

Now, I could understand it if a person make personal picks, won Mega Millions, then the same week or soon after made personal picks, winning Powerball, etc. Because the odds are so high on winning even ONCE with either that to win both on preselected numbers smacks of scam, with inside knowledge of the outcomes, because one would have play several times a week for thousands of yearsto win even once without a shot in the dark lightning bolt of luck that would have strike twice in such a small amount of time, relatively... 

No Pity!Let it ride, the winner said, just before losing it all...

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

You can satisfy your hunger for both by spending $2 each time.    One ticket will be your numbers and the other would be a quick pick.    Best of both worlds!

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

You can satisfy your hunger for both by spending $2 each time.    One ticket will be your numbers and the other would be a quick pick.    Best of both worlds!

I wish!  I have 4 cards with personal numbers. I keep them in a plastic sleeve.  So I bet $4 twice a week on Lotto.  When I add a QP it changes that amount to $5 per drawing.  I have purchased QPs, but I'm already spending too much as it is.  I do not want to stop using my personal numbers.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, True Critic.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #22395
                      September 24, 2005
                      1583 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I wish!  I have 4 cards with personal numbers. I keep them in a plastic sleeve.  So I bet $4 twice a week on Lotto.  When I add a QP it changes that amount to $5 per drawing.  I have purchased QPs, but I'm already spending too much as it is.  I do not want to stop using my personal numbers.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, True Critic.

The only possible solution is for FL to cut the price of tickets in half - and keep the jackpots the same as they are now!

Wink

Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

The only possible solution is for FL to cut the price of tickets in half - and keep the jackpots the same as they are now!

Wink

Wouldn't that be nice?  When I began playing, the games were only once a week.  I thought about discarding 2 of my combinations, but which ones???  I also thought about playing 2 of them on Wed and 2 of them on Sat. 

I doubt if FL would cut the price in half, but it's possible they will add some kind of "second chance" for another dollar.  The lottery is always trying to find ways to make more money, not less.  They added an EZ pick feature to Fantasy5 and many people use it.  I don't think it's worth the extra dollar.

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: March 24, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Oops!  I just tried to see who rated this thread "poor" and ended up voting instead.  I must be doing something wrong.  Glad I clicked on the "average" star, Coin Toss!!

You'll like this one:

Florida on Friday night - 5 winners for Fant 5.  Every winner bought a QP!!