Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP Member's Observations / "Laws of Lotto"

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Best Picks.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Justxploring posted "Nancy's Law of attraction" (hilarious) in another thread.

Let's dop one about LP member's "Laws of Lotto" or lotto tenets if you will.

Stuff like:

Coin Toss' rule of jackpot relativity:

The higher the jackpot, the more people who have criticized lotto by saying, "You've got better chances f getting hit by lightning", will buy a ticket and try to 'get hit by lightning'.

(Keep it going, I have an idea we're going to get some really good ones!) 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2007, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Badger's Law of Certainty:

The day you don't play a particular combination you've been following is the day it is drawn.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:13 am - IP Logged

jarasans' law of a thousand truths:

You gotta be in it to win it.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:27 am - IP Logged

tnlotto1's law of box/straight chasing

"the day you play your pick 3 or pick 4 numbers straight and not in a box is the day they come out in box form"

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #50273
          March 3, 2007
          348 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:37 am - IP Logged

MegaWinner's Law of "The Truth About Lottery Odds" is they forgot to tell you about probability!

MegaWinner's Law of "Odds, Scmodds": Every ticket is a chance to win regardless of odds or probability!

MegaWinner's Law of "Opposites": That lottery machine is actually trying to match my ticket since I picked my numbers first, not the other way around lol!

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
            mississippi
            United States
            Member #34478
            March 3, 2006
            5903 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 11:57 am - IP Logged

MegaWinner's Law of "The Truth About Lottery Odds" is they forgot to tell you about probability!

MegaWinner's Law of "Odds, Scmodds": Every ticket is a chance to win regardless of odds or probability!

MegaWinner's Law of "Opposites": That lottery machine is actually trying to match my ticket since I picked my numbers first, not the other way around lol!

I really love this one...LOL

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Yes!  This is why I don't like pre-tests, because humans are messing up the flow! 

I always hear the comparison "you have a better chance of being hit by lightning" which is statistically true (especially in Florida) but you never read this news story:

Construction Worker Hit by Lightning

After 5 people at the ReallyNice Homes building site were gently struck by a lightning bolt, John Zapper, the company foreman was struck by a 6th bolt.  Fortunately, he survived the shock!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I love this saying."If life is a bowl of cherrie's so why do I get all the pit's"..

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10354 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss' law of lottery game difficulty:

The number of players for any lotto will be directly inversely proportional to the difficulty level of the game, and the number of winners the game produces - i.e., more people will play Mega Millions than Pick 3. This will happen even though there might only be one, or even no winners for a jackpot game and thousands for a Pick 3. 

Coin Toss' law of the unconscious.

There's a phrase in Japanese which translates, "Born unconscious, died while still asleep."  These are the people that win jackpots. People work systems, track numbers, create software, yet it's the person who a clerk asks if they want a ticket and they fork over one dollar for a quick pick that win.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #50273
                    March 3, 2007
                    348 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss' law of lottery game difficulty:

The number of players for any lotto will be directly inversely proportional to the difficulty level of the game, and the number of winners the game produces - i.e., more people will play Mega Millions than Pick 3. This will happen even though there might only be one, or even no winners for a jackpot game and thousands for a Pick 3. 

Coin Toss' law of the unconscious.

There's a phrase in Japanese which translates, "Born unconscious, died while still asleep."  These are the people that win jackpots. People work systems, track numbers, create software, yet it's the person who a clerk asks if they want a ticket and they fork over one dollar for a quick pick that win.

Ouch that hurts lol!

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Best Picks's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg
                      Eastern Missouri
                      United States
                      Member #841
                      November 7, 2002
                      2430 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Best Picks "Law of controlled randomness"  'I keep forgeting that winning the lottery is random, that's why I can't controll when I win.' 

huh 

Numbers.