Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Digg or Delicious

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #24912
October 29, 2005
94 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

It would be really neat to Digg a post or thread

or bookmark it in  del.icio.us

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23267 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2007, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I agree, that is a good idea.  I haven't used del.icio.us much, but I understand that many people do.  Digg is a VERY good site, and a really nice way to surf the net.  The next time you get a few minutes of spare time, go to Digg and check out some stories.  It's amazing how relevant and interesting the popular stories are.

I need to do some design work on the top portion of the topic thread pages, because I'd like to put those things, as well as all the other stuff that's there, in plain view, without becoming cluttered.  It's a real challenge, but once I've figured it out to my satisfaction, I will try to add those sites you mentioned (and a few others).

Anyone else who wants to add similar bookmarking sites, please post what sites you'd like here.  (Only sites that are bookmarking sites or portal sites like Yahoo or Google.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2007, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

never heard of Digg...

I went to it since Todd had mentioned it was a good site...

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/49681/

This was so dang funny , I nearly fell out of my seat..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23267 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2007, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

A folksy Texan Yoda!  LOL

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49767 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2007, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree, that is a good idea.  I haven't used del.icio.us much, but I understand that many people do.  Digg is a VERY good site, and a really nice way to surf the net.  The next time you get a few minutes of spare time, go to Digg and check out some stories.  It's amazing how relevant and interesting the popular stories are.

I need to do some design work on the top portion of the topic thread pages, because I'd like to put those things, as well as all the other stuff that's there, in plain view, without becoming cluttered.  It's a real challenge, but once I've figured it out to my satisfaction, I will try to add those sites you mentioned (and a few others).

Anyone else who wants to add similar bookmarking sites, please post what sites you'd like here.  (Only sites that are bookmarking sites or portal sites like Yahoo or Google.)

Here's something to consider:

Info on Digg

No one is controlling the content on icio: A lot of the bookmarks seem to be spam, but I guess that is to be expected.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23267 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Here's something to consider:

Info on Digg

No one is controlling the content on icio: A lot of the bookmarks seem to be spam, but I guess that is to be expected.

I suppose that people have a right to feel that way, but my experience with Digg has been very good. It didn't occur to me that people may be trying to scam it, but then I don't see the point. Most of the stuff there is news-type articles, or cool photos, or something like that.

Naturally spammers will be attracted to places where the most people are. One can make the same negative assertions about MySpace, because it is rampant with spam. But who cares? Lottery Post is also the target of massive numbers of spammers, but we all deal with it.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49767 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I suppose that people have a right to feel that way, but my experience with Digg has been very good. It didn't occur to me that people may be trying to scam it, but then I don't see the point. Most of the stuff there is news-type articles, or cool photos, or something like that.

Naturally spammers will be attracted to places where the most people are. One can make the same negative assertions about MySpace, because it is rampant with spam. But who cares? Lottery Post is also the target of massive numbers of spammers, but we all deal with it.

After spending a couple of hours diggin' thru the spam: I just got tired of it, but the idea is a good one otherwise.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!