Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LOL!! Why do we make the "teh" mistake? And betslip question.

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LAVERNE MALONEY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I don't know why but "teh" seems to be the most common typing mistake of all.  I almost have to correct myself of doing that evertime I post.

To keep it lottery related, say you are filling out a betslip and you make a mistake.  Do you void it or keep it and play the correct number in the next box? 

Me, I keep it and play the correct sequence in the next box.  I guess i'm superstitious about that. 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    missouri
    United States
    Member #34763
    March 7, 2006
    756 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2007, 9:05 am - IP Logged

If I make a mistake filling out my betslips I don't play at all that day. I figure it's my inner voice trying to tell me something. So far it's always been right. lol

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2007, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Depends...if my inner intuition doesn't rev up and say "that won't win" then I don't play it.  Yeah, my intuition works a bit weird...I know u have heard of the people who said they either had a dream or "saw" the numbers they should play, but my experience has been that as I am looking over a playslip or even just thinking about a combo of numbers to play for lotto or the mega jackpot games, sometimes when I think of a combo and my intuition says "no that doesn't have a chance of winning" I have made the mistake of not noting that and instead play some different combo...wouldn't you know that more often than not, those "negative intuition" numbers just happen to roll for that drawing!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

stephi's avatar - winifrid
        rural lowcountry, south carolina
        United States
        Member #31677
        February 2, 2006
        196 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I keep them just in case because you never know.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
          Member #1987
          August 5, 2003
          8968 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why but "teh" seems to be the most common typing mistake of all.  I almost have to correct myself of doing that evertime I post.

To keep it lottery related, say you are filling out a betslip and you make a mistake.  Do you void it or keep it and play the correct number in the next box? 

Me, I keep it and play the correct sequence in the next box.  I guess i'm superstitious about that. 

If I make a mistake in writing words, as you have stated in your example in this case the "e".

That tells me that since the "e" is the 5th letter of the alphabet, that a 5 may be  featured in the lottery strongly very soon. For example 55x, 555, 5555. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

If I planned on playing all 5 or 10 boards on a bet slip and made a mistake, I would rather make out a new slip correctly and have all my combinations on one ticket than use an extra slip and have my combinations on two tickets.

I fill in and check my bet slips at home before going to buy my tickets.  If I discover a mistake that I've missed while buying my tickets I void that board or add a random mark to make it run and adjust my data file when I get back home and forget about it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23259 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2007, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree with RJOh.  If I'm going through the hassle of filling out a bunch of cards, I definitely make them exactly as intended, and if I make a mistake I just grit my teeth and start a new one.

However, as far as PURCHASING tickets is concerned, I have been known to buy mistakes.  They haven't been very lucky though...

I hear 'ya on teh the typing mistake, but mine is you/your.  I am constantly typing stuff like, "that is you choice."  I'm sure it's because I'm trying to do twelve things at once, and my mind is already on to the next word.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2007, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't make mtkates.......

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

As you can tell from a lot of my typos I'm dyslexic (never realized how much 'til the internet).

But that's OK, maybe some dya I'll qualify to become a member of NAMES - that's the dyslexia branch of MENSA!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4523 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2007, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

hahaha Coin Toss! Reminds me of my grandma- she'd say I got me a case of perplexia today! I'd go "Huh?" and she would say "I see you got it too!"

As to betslips, it depends how big the jackpot is. If I worked the numbers and its an error when I go to fill it out, I'll toss it. Otherwise I premarily play qp's and figure if I cant fill out that little dot then I shouldnt play!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                      IL
                      United States
                      Member #34578
                      March 4, 2006
                      198 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

When I fill playslips - I mark void and forget about the mistake.

When I ask for tickets out loud... and the cashier makes mistake, I buy both.

Derek

United States
                        Member #1987
                        August 5, 2003
                        8968 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2007, 11:29 pm - IP Logged
                        Platinum Member
                        Top 50 Poster
                        You Can't Lose With The $tuff I U$e
                        Guru

United States
                        Member #2023
                        August 5, 2003
                        2965 Posts

If I make a mistake in writing words, as you have stated in your example in this case the "e".

That tells me that since the "e" is the 5th letter of the alphabet, that a 5 may be  featured in the lottery strongly very soon. For example 55x, 555, 5555. 

States & dates; A map to the MONEY. !$!$ 

03/26/07

555-Connecticut evening

Green laughYE$, YE$ YE$

$AME DAY ACTION !

Pay attention to the incidental, it has reward potential.

United States
                          Member #1987
                          August 5, 2003
                          8968 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2007, 11:49 pm - IP Logged
                          Platinum Member
                          Top 50 Poster
                          You Can't Lose With The $tuff I U$e
                          Guru

United States
                          Member #2023
                          August 5, 2003
                          2965 Posts

States & dates; A map to the MONEY. !$!$ 

03/26/07

555-Connecticut evening

Green laughYE$, YE$ YE$

$AME DAY ACTION !

Pay attention to the incidental, it has reward potential.

Since the "h" was involved as well. That is the 8th letter in the alphabet. So... I'm sure we will see something from the following very soon boxed or straight in any state 88x, 888, 8888.

Or...

Perhaps a merger of the 5,8.