Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pennsylvania Is Lowering Payouts

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

The new batch of games coming 3/27 have lower payouts than what was previously offered. Now, $2 tickets pay out 60%, which is down from 64%. $3 tickets are down to 62%, as opposed to 65% from before. And $5 tickets have been lowered to 68% from 70%. You will also notice free tickets on $2, $3, and $5 games, perhaps even $10 and $20 tickets, from now on. I did e-mail the Lottery about this disturbing event. They probably won't do anything about it, but at least they know how I feel. I recommend you e-mail the PA lottery about this too.

Just one quick note, all games introduced prior to 3/27/07 still have the old, higher payouts.

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Now that is BS.  Had they offered $5 that must be put toward more tickets (I mean numbers games), then maybe I'd buy into it. 

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
      Harrisburg, Pa.
      United States
      Member #3093
      December 23, 2003
      233 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 9:21 am - IP Logged

And not only that, as I've been saying, the hit rate (odds of winning on any ticket) are slowly increasing. for all denominations.  Pretty soon, those $1 tickets are going to crack 1 in 5.  There's hardly anything  better than 1 in 4 nowadays.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

And not only that, as I've been saying, the hit rate (odds of winning on any ticket) are slowly increasing. for all denominations.  Pretty soon, those $1 tickets are going to crack 1 in 5.  There's hardly anything  better than 1 in 4 nowadays.

Before I stopped buying PA tickets outright, I noticed that scratch offs were getting fewer and farther between on wins. I've been getting increasing disappointed with scratch offs in general. I avoid DE ones too because of low prizes (see my other post) and infrequent wins. I would frequently win on VA tickets when I worked there and I seem to have luck on NJ quite a bit.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Some hope on the horizon. The next batch of games might have the classic payouts back. The next $2 game, Blackjack Doubler, will pay out 64%, which is what $2 games in PA have typically paid. And no free tickets, at least in this game. Maybe this free ticket phase was only temporary, we'll have to wait and see.

(insert signature here)

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2007, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

The old payouts are back for the next batch of games, 7-11-21 paying 53%, Blackjack Doubler paying 64%, and $100,000 Club paying 70%.

(insert signature here)