Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would consistently playing larger set of numbers be a better strategy?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
482 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2007, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Question for you:

Suppose someone played $100 twice a week on Powerball, using the same sets of numbers.  Do you think that person would have better luck?  There was a time when I played $50 worth of tickets using numbers from losing Quick Picks as the white balls and using a certain number as the red ball.  Eventually, I matched the red ball and won about $300 dollars, but I wasn't any closer to the jackpot and I spent about $250 on the previous two weeks.  So I only gained about $50.  Have any of you tried this method?  What are your thoughts?

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

there haven't been enough drawings to say which idea is better than the next. if i were to play 100 lines i would make sure that none of them had already hit a jackpot. i would try and use combinations of numbers that didn't repeat often.  each line would contain as many different combinations to cover all the numbers for the white balls. And i would probably select random powerball.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2007, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Luck is luck, and how often you play won't change it. As far as probabilities and strategy, it makes more sense to spend the same amount, but play more numbers at once.  Instead of spending money on every drawing spend 10 times as much on only 10% of the drawings, and do it when the jackpot is big. Buying a given number of tickets for the same drawing actually gives you a better chance of winnig than buying the same number of tickets 1 per drawing.It's only a very slightly better chance, but it is better. The main advantage is that winning would probably mean winning a bigger jackpot.