Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Crossing US/Canada Border with Tickets

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2007, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone have any experience with crossing the US/Canadian border with lottery tickets? Can a US citizen legally cross back into the US with a multi-draw ticket that hasn't had all of its drawings yet?

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2007, 1:10 am - IP Logged

RDC this is straight from the US Customs Information website. Prohibited & Restricted Articles

Because Customs inspectors are stationed at ports of entry and along our land and sea borders, they are often called upon to enforce laws and requirements of other U.S. government agencies. This is done to protect public health and safety and to preserve domestic plant and animal life.

Should you attempt to bring in merchandise that is prohibited by law, it will be seized and you may be liable for a personal penalty. Restricted merchandise must be inspected by the agency that imposed the restrictions--for example, the Departments of Agriculture and Transportation, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Food and Drug Administration, and others. Only then will it be released; it may be detained, however, until conditions attached to the restrictions are complied with--for example, making automotive modifications required to meet U.S. safety standards or obtaining certain inoculations for pets. You will be given a receipt for any articles that Customs detains.

Prohibited articles include: lottery tickets, narcotics and dangerous drugs, obscene articles and publications, seditious and treasonable materials, hazardous articles (e.g., fireworks, dangerous toys, toxic or poisonous substances), products made by prison convicts or forced labor, and switchblade knives (the only exception is for a one-armed traveler, in which case the blade must be no longer than three inches).

I hope that helps you RDC.

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

United States
      Member #49956
      February 21, 2007
      57 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2007, 1:50 am - IP Logged

In the mexican border cities, Texas Lottery and Mega Millions Tickets are sold, in the places where they also sell mexican lottery.  The tickets are the same price as in texas (what would be the profit from selling these tickets?, after all they are imported goods)

The mexican lottery tickets are more expensive.  The average mexican jackpot is about 5 million.

I wonder why these vendors dont have problems with the authorities from both countries.

amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #24912
        October 29, 2005
        94 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2007, 11:47 am - IP Logged

In the mexican border cities, Texas Lottery and Mega Millions Tickets are sold, in the places where they also sell mexican lottery.  The tickets are the same price as in texas (what would be the profit from selling these tickets?, after all they are imported goods)

The mexican lottery tickets are more expensive.  The average mexican jackpot is about 5 million.

I wonder why these vendors dont have problems with the authorities from both countries.

This is a little off topic.

I wonder what will happen when The USA becomes part of the North American Union NAU.

According to Lou Dobbs on CNN

The Presidents of Canada,US and Mexico have plotted to create one Nation.

Without the people of those respected countries knowledge or the US congress.

This is not an April fools joke.

Check it out in your favorite search engine.

Search for

Lou Dobbs

North American Union

NAU

SPP

Amero

The US governments on security and prosperity of north America website

spp. gov

There is also a plot to go to one currency called the AMERO

Amero will take the place of the Canadian,American Dollar and Mexican peso

Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery Wink

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2007, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Yup, the "smart money" says an Interstate will go from Canada to Mexico, Mexican trucks will drive in the U.s., not having to adhere to U.s. safety standards, and the common currency, the Amero (the North American Euro) is indeed in the works, too.

Here's one article:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53378 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5118 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

This is a little off topic.

I wonder what will happen when The USA becomes part of the North American Union NAU.

According to Lou Dobbs on CNN

The Presidents of Canada,US and Mexico have plotted to create one Nation.

Without the people of those respected countries knowledge or the US congress.

This is not an April fools joke.

Check it out in your favorite search engine.

Search for

Lou Dobbs

North American Union

NAU

SPP

Amero

The US governments on security and prosperity of north America website

spp. gov

There is also a plot to go to one currency called the AMERO

Amero will take the place of the Canadian,American Dollar and Mexican peso

DARN-IT......o!o

We DON'ttttttttttttttttttNEED<<<<<<<<<<NO "STINKING"

AMERO>>>>>>Ustadadasssss!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I've crossed the Candadian border many times with lottery tickets and custom agents aware of the lottery tickets. Providing they are for you and you aren't reselling them it shouldn't be a problem.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2007, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

DARN-IT......o!o

We DON'ttttttttttttttttttNEED<<<<<<<<<<NO "STINKING"

AMERO>>>>>>Ustadadasssss!

I Agree!

Don't get me started!  After reading about the more than 100 trucking companies from Mexico that will be granted unlimited access on American highways, I wanted to scream.  I guess the North American "Free Trade" Agreement, means that the American worker will no longer be free. 

This week my local newspaper had more space filled with foreclosures than help wanted ads.

By the way, to any Latino members on this board, I hope I don't offend anyone.  I have friends and neighbors from all over the world, mostly Central America.  I love them all, since we are all children of one Higher Power.  However, I was born and raised as an American to salute the Red, White & Blue, and no matter how much I disagree with our government, we are a nation of Laws.  One of those laws should be to get a driver's license, a bank account or a mortgage, a person must speak English and be here legally.   What else does the world "law" mean if not that?