Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Florida Derby

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2007, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Today's Florida Derby promises to be a great race.  It has become a major steppingstone to the Kentucky Derby.  Barbaro won the Kentucky Derby off his Floriday Derby win. 

The contenders are Scat Daddy (5/2), Stormello (3/1), Notional (4/1) and Adore The Gold (6/1).  They are all highly rated for their chances in Kentucky.  The winner of this race could very well repeat Barbaro's feat.

Here's my take on it.  These four are very difficult to split.  They rank pretty evenly in all categories.  Adore The Gold has the least respect among the four and will undoubtedly go off as fourth favorite at odds close to the morning line.  But when analyzing a race I use speed and pace to separate the contenders and Adore The Gold has the advantage.  He should be in good position throughout the race and may steal the win.

With the prospects of a decent payoff I'm going with Adore The Gold, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the others in the winner's circle.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2007, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Here is how I rank them for this race:

#4 Adore The Gold

#3 Scat Daddy

#1 Notional

#5 Stormello  

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow's Race of the Day offers one of the best betting opportunities I've ever seen.  It doesn't offer a big payoff but it's good as gold.

Sunday 4/1/07

Santa Paula Stakes

Santa Anita 3rd race

Here's the lowdown.  There are only four horses running in the race.  The fastest horse in the race is # 2 Coco Belle with morning line odds of 6/5.  Coco is also the only horse with early speed.  In a sprint race, this is something pace handicappers pray for when they kneel beside their bed at night.  The favorite is # 4 Magnificience with ML odds of 1/1 and should be third favorite.  Coco Belle's payoff should benefit somewhat from this misdirected confidence in the "headline horse".

Prediction:  Coco Belle will win this race easily in wire-to-wire fashion.

(Posted here for the benefit of those who read today's thread.)

Thank you and Good Racing! 

Best Picks's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg
        Eastern Missouri
        United States
        Member #841
        November 7, 2002
        2430 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2007, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow's Race of the Day offers one of the best betting opportunities I've ever seen.  It doesn't offer a big payoff but it's good as gold.

Sunday 4/1/07

Santa Paula Stakes

Santa Anita 3rd race

Here's the lowdown.  There are only four horses running in the race.  The fastest horse in the race is # 2 Coco Belle with morning line odds of 6/5.  Coco is also the only horse with early speed.  In a sprint race, this is something pace handicappers pray for when they kneel beside their bed at night.  The favorite is # 4 Magnificience with ML odds of 1/1 and should be third favorite.  Coco Belle's payoff should benefit somewhat from this misdirected confidence in the "headline horse".

Prediction:  Coco Belle will win this race easily in wire-to-wire fashion.

(Posted here for the benefit of those who read today's thread.)

Thank you and Good Racing! 

Horse Racing  go Coco Belle. Thank u. I'll put alittle something on #2.

Numbers.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2007, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Best Picks...I like that running horse.  Hope you don't mind if I add it to my signature.

Good luck with Coco Belle today!