Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In my hometown...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4526 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Some hucklebuck chick gets bored at her job...scratchs off tickets during her third shift...and HITS for 100k!

The kicker is: The article alledges she never paid for it, and she works at the conveninece store.

claims its, and later is under investigation from her employer for stealing lottery tickets during her shift.

She post bail using the very money she had been given from the winnings!

The officer tells the newspaper she wont be able to keep the winnings. If memory serves, once it was claimed and distributed, its rare that the lottery can come back and say..Opps! we didnt realize you stole it, so can we have it back please?

Any lawyer can argue that no one has proof SHE didnT PAY for that one particular winner! All they can say is her lottery drawer was short a certain amount each time she worked...

Here is the headline from our local paper.. (hope its okay to post here...)

Police: $100K ticket stolen
Authorities allege Casey Nicole Kerr, 26, stole a winning lottery ticket from a Dallastown store and cashed it.
Sometimes my hometown is more of an embarrassment then a town to be pleased with...

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

How sick... Looks like they would use their cameras to see if the ticket was paid for

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

How sick... Looks like they would use their cameras to see if the ticket was paid for

Nah, won't work.... she will claim she 'forgot' and paid for it a few hours later....... somehow....

I thought folks that worked for the lottery and also sold lottery tickets were ineligible, specifically to prevent this very thing from happening, I must be wrong. 

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Nah, won't work.... she will claim she 'forgot' and paid for it a few hours later....... somehow....

I thought folks that worked for the lottery and also sold lottery tickets were ineligible, specifically to prevent this very thing from happening, I must be wrong. 

I think people who "work" for the lottery are ineligible,but not people who sell the tickets. I used to sell them years ago but I also played all the time.