Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What could I have done to tick off the Lottery Fairy this much?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by numbergirly.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2007, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I must have done something at one time to really get the Lottery Fairy p.o.'d at me.

Consider:

Yesterday I stopped and got gas at a place where I buy tickets. I useusally make the total come out to an even dollar but went over by 35 cents. So I checked to make sure I had 35 cents, and went inside and told the casheir $17.35.  

I had my playslips made out for 847 and 745, so when she rings me up she makes a boo boo and the register shows $300 and $183 change. 

So I give her the playslips and say, Play 183 straight box, too."

The lotto terminal kicks back the made out playslip, by now there's a line and she asks me what number, she looks at the playslip, and I get:

183 $1 Staight Box

183 50 cents box

183 50 cents box

So I'm thinking maybe it's an omen or something.

I also get a Little Lotto QP:

1 3 4 32 35.

<Drumroll>

The drawing gives:

Eve Pick 3  591

Little Lotto

2 3 5 28 31

:frusty:

Point of my story is for some people, the real lucky ones, almost anything will work, for others, the majority, no matter what, close is as good as it gets.

I know, No Pity!, but still......

PS

I too the playslip with the other two pick 3's on it to another place and it worked fine. They didn't hit either,

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2007, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

So last night no one hit and the jackpot went from $100,000 to $175,000.

Today I go to a different place to play, different town than yesterday, and get this QP:

2 3 4 15 16

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I think she's on vacation.  She was in Georgia last month and headed over to Texas earlier this week.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #50273
        March 3, 2007
        348 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2007, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, well she needs to head back to New Jersy again and hook me up with a MM or PB jackpot lol!

Augusta, Georgia
          United States
          Member #51133
          March 29, 2007
          241 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2007, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Just don't beat yourself up, hindsight can be very painful sometimes. How many times have I been one off or a number stuck out and I let it pass by/ Plenty of times. And then when I decide to go with my hunch, I get focused and only see my hunch everywhere.

Example: I had 441 pop up and decided to play it for 5 days midday and evening. Paid $10 to play it both draws for 5 days. And in those five days 451, 551, 331, 442 all come out. Talk about mad, I was so pissed.

Then 400 jumps put at me on Wed, I start playing it both draws, on Friday Midday 114 hits. I am sad and mad, and stop playing 400. Sat Midday hits 400. So I was even sadder and madder.  

But I realize, it is chance, and unless I want to spend $100 each draw, my rate of success will be limited. So, it is not me being wrong or somehow bad, but just balls in a plastic container and they do not care who I am.  And maybe my Higher Power is teaching me patience and humility?

Of course, I am thinking i will be like the person in New Jersey"s lottery who won 19 million and maybe threw the ticket away or never checked it. Their time is running short. maybe it is sitting in a drawer somewhere and will be found a month after the deadline. Talk about bad luck.   

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
            Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2007, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Just don't beat yourself up, hindsight can be very painful sometimes. How many times have I been one off or a number stuck out and I let it pass by/ Plenty of times. And then when I decide to go with my hunch, I get focused and only see my hunch everywhere.

Example: I had 441 pop up and decided to play it for 5 days midday and evening. Paid $10 to play it both draws for 5 days. And in those five days 451, 551, 331, 442 all come out. Talk about mad, I was so pissed.

Then 400 jumps put at me on Wed, I start playing it both draws, on Friday Midday 114 hits. I am sad and mad, and stop playing 400. Sat Midday hits 400. So I was even sadder and madder.  

But I realize, it is chance, and unless I want to spend $100 each draw, my rate of success will be limited. So, it is not me being wrong or somehow bad, but just balls in a plastic container and they do not care who I am.  And maybe my Higher Power is teaching me patience and humility?

Of course, I am thinking i will be like the person in New Jersey"s lottery who won 19 million and maybe threw the ticket away or never checked it. Their time is running short. maybe it is sitting in a drawer somewhere and will be found a month after the deadline. Talk about bad luck.   

The person not claiming a huge winner is a perfect example of an average lottery player that angers the lottery fairy.

cheesegrits comments:

"Of course, I am thinking i will be like the person in New Jersey"s lottery who won 19 million and maybe threw the ticket away or never checked it. Their time is running short. maybe it is sitting in a drawer somewhere and will be found a month after the deadline. Talk about bad luck. "

The person who hasn't claimed the ticket (the average lottery player) has angered the lottery fairy, having granted a win like this and not collecting it.  And we all know it's happened before and will happen again.  It isn't bad luck on the person who hasn't claimed the ticket it is plain stupidity. Imagine anyone here having a $19M ticket and not collecting it.  Highly unlikely. Oh well, jarasan.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4528 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2007, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

ALL I can say is get a GPS on that dern Little Lottery fairy! She has been dodgin my state for awhile and I'd love to get an APB out on her! Besides she stil has yet to clean up the pixie dust that was left behind.( Or I hope that is WHAT it was!) *wink*

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

She's teasing me, big time...

My numbers tonight - Illinois Lotto

13  28  29  45  48  51  QP

06   08  14  23  34  50  QP

Drawn:

8  12  28  34  44  45 

So, four of the six and no payoff at all

Bang Head

Lep

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2007, 12:01 am - IP Logged

i was happy to see the 10x multiplier and then i saw the same powerball from wednesday and of course i didnt think the same one would be drawn in consecutive drawings so my powerplays went to waste on the wrong powerball numbers

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                    Dover, Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #26979
                    November 25, 2005
                    178 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2007, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I Agree!Boy Coin Toss... you definitly said a mouth full. I'm on the same train track as you or, should I say train wreck. These numbers are wrecking my nerves along with my pocketbook. Close but, no cigars (YET). Don't give up believe me your day will come as well as mine.Wink

numbergirly