Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a few bonus ball questions (PB or MM)

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by stephi.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
stephi's avatar - winifrid
rural lowcountry, south carolina
United States
Member #31677
February 2, 2006
196 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2007, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I have a few questions about going about picking bonus balls and which lines to match them to. If I was playing say 50 lines or more, how many different bonus balls should I have? I don't want to have a different ball for each line. I was thinking of having rng machine pick a portion of my bonus balls and I would pick the rest. How many bonus balls do you think I should let the rng pick? In picking which bonus ball to each line, do you match up any patterns and/or do you just go with your gut feeling for matching bonus balls to lines? And one last question, even though they are picked by separate machines, do you think that the white balls have any connection to the bonus ball? Or should the bonus ball be devoid of any patterns connecting it to the white balls. A couple of draws I was looking at in the past, the bonus ball was the same number as one of the white balls drawn or the bonus ball was a few digits away from one of the white balls drawn.

I thank you very much for your help and ideas.

kjs703's avatar - batman08
    Alexandria,VA
    United States
    Member #51062
    March 26, 2007
    367 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Stephi:

This is just my experience, and I do not know if it happens all the time -- but on several occasions I have picked a few of my Bonus Numbers and allowed the machine to "pick" my bonus numbers.  The funny things is on the tickets I purchased (five lines per ticket) -- the "machine picked" ended up matching my picks.  For example (real life) I bought a five line ticket and picked the number 17 and the number 21 as my bonus number.  The other three lines were to be machine picked numbers.  When I reviewed the ticket -- I discovered my Bonus Ball (Mega) was 17, 17, 21, 21, 21 for the five lines.

On several occasions, If I had picked my Bonus ball at one point and then allowed a machine pick -- the machine almost always picked the same number as my pick.  Maybe it is the software of the state -- in my case VA ... but that has been my experience.

Maybe you should just pick your own, if you have noticed something similar.

KJ

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
      Constitutional Money Is Real Money
      Brick City
      United States
      Member #1216
      March 3, 2003
      1782 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2007, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I play Mega Millions regularly and I find that I have some luck sticking with the most selected Mega ball's. Looking at the last 200 Mega Million draws, the 4 (9 times), the 30 (8 times), the 36 (8 times) and the 10 (7 times) have been drawn most often. I look at what is being drawn in the white balls to get a hint at what to to use as a Mega Ball (4, 20, 36 or 10) since I noticed that the Mega Ball may be a few digits away from one of the white balls.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
      Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
      (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
      Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
      himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2007, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I multiply the temperature in Atlanta by the square root of what I had for lunch.. just kidding!

I have never seen that effect with the bonus balls, the only place I ever see something like that is on MATCH 6 in PA, where you can win by matching 10 numbers, but the drawing is only 6 numbers, so to make it possible for a 10# match they repeat some of your picks (I think anyway).

Here is my theory. On some betslips you can separately QP the bonus ball & white balls. Also sometimes you can partial QP, that is pick some #s and the machine will QP the missing ones. If you marked your betslip only to QP the white balls it may have used your first BB picks on those boards.

stephi's avatar - winifrid
          rural lowcountry, south carolina
          United States
          Member #31677
          February 2, 2006
          196 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

thank you big hitter, thats very helpful.

thank you lary, i will qp some of my bonus balls.