Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you noticed?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 10 years ago by kjs703.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
kjs703's avatar - batman08
Alexandria,VA
United States
Member #51062
March 26, 2007
367 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2007, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this….

Out of the past 52 draws for Mega Millions only 9 of those draws did not match the “tens” placement.

For example last draw had numbers 15, 16, 19 as the part of the numbers – or the “teens”

The draw before that had 32, 34, 36, 39 as part of the numbers – or the “thirties”

There have been ten cases (in the past 52 draws) were there were two matches.

For example on draw 3/9/07 you had 10, 13 and 42, 43 as part of the numbers – or the “teens” and “forties”

Question:

Has anyone noticed this pattern?

Is there anyway to create a system out of it?

If roughly 83% of the time – a draw will end up this way… sounds like an opportunity to me.

Thoughts anyone?

Alexandria,VA
    United States
    Member #51062
    March 26, 2007
    367 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

By doing a quick review of the PowerBall draws starting from Jan.2007

One sees a similar pattern in PowerBall.  In the case of PowerBall

(only using draws during 2007) only two draws had an unique combination.

On 4/11/07 the draw had 6, 15, 38, 42, 51  -- unique

On 4/7/07 the draw had 2, 28, 31, 54, 55    -- fifties

It appears for both games a definite pattern exists

The question is -- is there a way to exploit that pattern?

Dance

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

For PowerBall (only reviewing 2007 data)

Roughly 7% of the time the five numbers will be unique

Meaning 93% of the time there will be at least one or more matches.

Alexandria,VA
      United States
      Member #51062
      March 26, 2007
      367 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2007, 9:58 am - IP Logged

With MM draw 4/13/07  11, 14, 21, 25, 26

You have the two teens plus the three twenties.......

The Stats for all 189 draws of MM (since number change)

19 out of 189 had no match -- roughly 10%

143 out of 189 had two matches -- roughly 75%

31 out of 189 had three matches -- roughly 16%

2 out of 189 had four matches -- less than 1%

==========================================

Since no one has responded, I guess no one knows how to exploit this....

or have decided I'm crazy and there is nothing to exploit.....

Enjoy.

KJ

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2007, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I can write a program for just about any theory out there (even though I have doubts about this "pattern"), BUT you are making the assumption that this pattern will continue, that whatever combination of ballset and machine will keep being used. If that assumption is correct then it can be exploited. Just choose numbers that meet those criteria. That being said I will look this over and maybe come up with a program for it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Enjoy.

KJ

kjs703

The only thing conclusive in that is the 75% with two matches. And the Mega Millions folks would tell you to go ahead and hit two as often as you want to.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Enjoy.

KJ

============================================

kys703,

Looks like the ball's in your court.  You came up with the figures.  You thought they meant something.  Now it up to you to prove you were right.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2007, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

"Since no one has responded, I guess no one knows how to exploit this....

or have decided I'm crazy and there is nothing to exploit....."

What you're seeing is just the numbers doing what  probability says they should do. Is there anything special about the "pattern" where 100% of MM results are made only of numbers from 1 to 56? Let's pretend that all of the numbers are actually drawn with 100% randomness, and see what we could expect to happen.

Suppose the first number is from the 30's.  For the 2nd number there are 55 numbers to choose from and  9 of them are other numbers in the 30's. That means there are 46 chances out of 55 that the 2nd number won't also be in the 30's, which is an 83.7% chance. Suppose the 2nd number is in the teens.  There are now 54 numbers left, of which 18 will be another number in the teens or the 30's. The 36 numbers that aren't in the teens or 30's means there's a 36 in 54, or  66.7% chance that the third number won't  be in the teens or the 30's. Suppose the 3rd number is in the 20's.  Of the 53 numbers left  27  are in the teens, 20's or 30's, and 26 aren't, so the chances that the 4th number won't be in one of those groups is only 26 in 53, or  49%. On to the 5th number. If we still haven't matched one of the previous groups, 36 of the 52 numbers that are left will match one of the 4 groups, so there's only a 14 in 52 or  27% chance that  the 5th number won't fall into one of the 4 groups already represented.  Looking back at the 4th number we see that even if we didn't get a match with  the 2nd or 3rd number,  51% of the time we would have a match by the 4th number. Of the remaining 49% we would get a 5th number match 73% of the time, which is (.49 x .73)  36%. That only leaves 13%, and that's only for the times that the 2nd or 3rd number didn't already match.

Of course for the group of numbers in the 50's there are only 7, instead of 10, and there are only 9 below the teens, so the chances of matching those groups are slightly lower. Overall, though, we should expect at least one pair from the same grouping about 10% of the time, just as you've seen when looking at actual results.

OTOH, if the numbers aren't really random and you've discovered a real pattern, which combinations can you rule out? If you rule out all of the ones with no repeats from the same group, what about the 10% of the time that you already know it happens?  If you rule out 10% of the possible combinations and those combinations don't come up 90% of the time, do you have any real advantage?

Calgary,Alberta
                Canada
                Member #51644
                April 17, 2007
                23 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Woot! FirstPost.  Hi all members. Great stuff you guys share (I'vebeen fishing info for a while here:)

Hey KY Floyd, my thougths on exploiting that small pattern is as follows:

First thing above all to do is to create a number pool.(Seriously huge amount of work though, it will nullify a huge number of tickets that you might have played)

Now the goods.

DELETE(Don't use) the "Unique" combinations.

Just foggettabout' using those because the stats show they pop up very rarely. And further narrowing the number pool by:

Deleting rare combos like Consecutive numbers, Numbers that add by another number(Like 1 or 3 or 5 or 9)(Ex. 2,4,6,8,10 and also 13,18,23,28,33) and Holy cow Eureka**

Also delete numbers from previous consecutive drawings(Just back test data file showing how often EXACT lotto combinations repeat**

With that said, we narrow down the number pool. And now we can play "Doubles"(2 in same group) and "Triples"(Ex. 31,32,38, 52,55) better.(I think)

*Now you also mentioned that "Doubles" appear 71% or so of the time. And "Triples" appear around 20% or so.*

*Keep it in mind*

The 56 #'s can be broken down into 6 Groups 

Ones        (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)                        Total #'s 9  or  16%

Teens        (10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19)          Total #'s 10 or 18%

Twenty      (20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29)         Total #'s 10 or 18%

Thirtys       (30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39)         Total #'s 10 or 18%

Fortys       (40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49)         Total #'s  10 or 18%

Fiftys        (50,51,52,53,54,55,56)                    Total #'s  7 or  13%

So to pick numbers for your tickets, you will have to study how often a "Group Double"

hits.(We know they hit 75% of all drawings, so lets see how often individual double groups hit)

Do Forty's hit 20% of the time that any "Double Group" hits?

Will a "Thirty Group" hit within 3 drawings after any "Unique" draw?

Just keep on asking these kinds of questions and follow the stats on "hit and skip" probabilites.

Find a programmer who can calculate all this stuff.

*THE HOLY GRAIL*

After mega number crunching, a sytem will be devised in which you can say:

" 75% of all drawings have 2#'s from the same group, now we've crunched numbers and show that Groups (1,2,3,4,5 and 6) have Probabilites of this many percent(A%,B%,C%,and D%) to show up in(a#,b#,c# or d#) number of drawings. Now you could play in aspirations that 2 or more groups will show up in a certain number of draws.

Moving on now.  Next thing i think man,is it is interesteng how youv'e seen this pattern, now my counter pattern idea is

that you gotta study the "Second Digit column of numbers by themselves" (Ex. in 24 study 4 and in 56 study 6 etc)

And second digit numbs break down in to 10 groups

quite obviously (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0)

and broked furter down intos  (ODD,EVeN,HIGH,LOW) <<<--------------these groups aren't toooo important to dwell on, they are more of a map of the State you live in not the city)

So now just by studying the second digit ONLY- find out hot, cold, frequencies, and especially high frequencies of certain digits within the last XXX amount of drawings. Then fine tune that XXXX amount to fit within the aspirations of the next "Group Double" hit probability.

*I'm sure youl easily find favored numbers and especially groups of *Hot Digit's* (2or3ormore), that Show up more often with specific "GROUPS"

now after applying these probable expectation calculations to the data file, fine tune the probable outcomes, (Right now we don't care how many numbers are in our lotto pool-even though i mentioned creating it first)

So you'll need a geusswork program setup fatly, then break the info down this way(I think):

In the last {###} of draws, Group Double {blank}, and Digit {## or#'s) had this and that much {%Probability%} and has an {#Expectation#} of so many days before a Standard Deviation,

And have a POSITIVE expectation of basically  GROUPS  DIGITnote *You guys have read Saliu i'm sure?* Along the lines of Standard deviation, which when you read up on at wikepedia is an incredibly wicked geussing tool when used to its potential

Calgary,Alberta
                  Canada
                  Member #51644
                  April 17, 2007
                  23 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2007, 1:07 am - IP Logged

SORRY BOUT that CONTInued now.........

Have two more groups: 

POSITIVE Expectation

NEGATIVE Expectation

Example *Also   after you Finally get a couple groups to play, lets say 20's and 40's, and possibliy like five digits like 2,3,8,9,and 0 You can toss the 1 or 2 most probable  GROUP ###'s(1-6) in a wheel with your probable digits(Found by program, that lets say these five numbers average out to hit in over 70% of all drawings with at least one double(remember that Doubles hit 75% of the time) with an Expectancy(found by Standard Deviation and skip'n hit analysis)    to hit within 10 days with a certainty of 60% or even hits in 50 days with a certainty of 88%!!!!!!  ya'll know what i'm sayin?

Okay so to say it again simply, just wheel your GROUP# with every hottest DIGIT number, nowe you have all these numbers, So now we must tak thes simple numbers and put them into pairs that make sense, hopefully combining every combo

Now we have finally got some half decent number sets to work with, okay so how the hell do we finger out what last 3 numbers we add to eaxh combo to play som freakin tickets(sry im tired)

well thats a darn good quesstion

ONE way is to  go back to the nerd station andget stats fron the datafile about only double draws(You know which ones i mean by now)

then instead of studying those doubles with all that group and digit bs i just mentiod

we gotta study the "uniqes"

so how to break down the uniquies???

We can first of course look at what Unique or better yet "SINGLE Group" it falls in to, then pull of som general statistics on those, then to  choose the best numbers we gotta narrow em down by using the DELTA METHOD I fyou know what deltas are in math then you know this will give us a damn good field of numbers to play withthose halfmade tickets we worked on earlyer

DELTA Explained

In Math a delta is the difference between 2 numbers, Simple thats it. Ex the difference between 48 and 23 is    25 and

17-9=8 and 56-13=43

Just so your still with me, we are only studying the drawings with that "pair pattern" ,using deltas.

*Note** Deltas are horrible for pick-3 in my opinion but are awesome for large number pool lotterys*

So some people use deltas by subtracting the numbers in the same lotto draw, I think we need to DELTA the SINGLE numbers in on draw to the SIngl numbers in the following, (Yes I know that there will be a different amount of singles in each draw)

Sorry so tired but just Google Delta Lotto and read about how it works(This is not an endorsement) HAHa

so after we delta the singles we'll have a positively biased groups of numbers leftover to play on the tickets as fillers.

Well I hope you 've understood this rant so far, and i'll be back to write up a summary somedtime

Lets hear some more ideas!!!!!

Good luck! Play with Edge!

Calgary,Alberta
                    Canada
                    Member #51644
                    April 17, 2007
                    23 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2007, 1:07 am - IP Logged

SORRY BOUT that CONTInued now.........

Have two more groups: 

POSITIVE Expectation

NEGATIVE Expectation

Example *Also   after you Finally get a couple groups to play, lets say 20's and 40's, and possibliy like five digits like 2,3,8,9,and 0 You can toss the 1 or 2 most probable  GROUP ###'s(1-6) in a wheel with your probable digits(Found by program, that lets say these five numbers average out to hit in over 70% of all drawings with at least one double(remember that Doubles hit 75% of the time) with an Expectancy(found by Standard Deviation and skip'n hit analysis)    to hit within 10 days with a certainty of 60% or even hits in 50 days with a certainty of 88%!!!!!!  ya'll know what i'm sayin?

Okay so to say it again simply, just wheel your GROUP# with every hottest DIGIT number, nowe you have all these numbers, So now we must tak thes simple numbers and put them into pairs that make sense, hopefully combining every combo

Now we have finally got some half decent number sets to work with, okay so how the hell do we finger out what last 3 numbers we add to eaxh combo to play som freakin tickets(sry im tired)

well thats a darn good quesstion

ONE way is to  go back to the nerd station andget stats fron the datafile about only double draws(You know which ones i mean by now)

then instead of studying those doubles with all that group and digit bs i just mentiod

we gotta study the "uniqes"

so how to break down the uniquies???

We can first of course look at what Unique or better yet "SINGLE Group" it falls in to, then pull of som general statistics on those, then to  choose the best numbers we gotta narrow em down by using the DELTA METHOD I fyou know what deltas are in math then you know this will give us a damn good field of numbers to play withthose halfmade tickets we worked on earlyer

DELTA Explained

In Math a delta is the difference between 2 numbers, Simple thats it. Ex the difference between 48 and 23 is    25 and

17-9=8 and 56-13=43

Just so your still with me, we are only studying the drawings with that "pair pattern" ,using deltas.

*Note** Deltas are horrible for pick-3 in my opinion but are awesome for large number pool lotterys*

So some people use deltas by subtracting the numbers in the same lotto draw, I think we need to DELTA the SINGLE numbers in on draw to the SIngl numbers in the following, (Yes I know that there will be a different amount of singles in each draw)

Sorry so tired but just Google Delta Lotto and read about how it works(This is not an endorsement) HAHa

so after we delta the singles we'll have a positively biased groups of numbers leftover to play on the tickets as fillers.

Well I hope you 've understood this rant so far, and i'll be back to write up a summary somedtime

Lets hear some more ideas!!!!!

Good luck! Play with Edge!

Calgary,Alberta
                      Canada
                      Member #51644
                      April 17, 2007
                      23 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2007, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Hey buddy. Another idea is to get somebody to wheel down the number pool with every possible ticket combination that is all Unique numbers only, that way you'll have ALL the "unique only" numbers. I'mvery curious to see how big that pool will be. Then further narrow that pool of ticket combos down by deleting the consecutivees,ones that add, etc etc etc.  And then any ticket with 4 consecutive numbers and 3 consecutive numbers, then also any ticket with 4 numbers that add by 7 and 8 and 4 and 5 and 10 and 3 and 7 and on and on and on. and of course any ticket with 3 numbers that add by 10 and 9 and multiples of 3 and such

Then delete all EXACT draw numbers from the past 20 000 drawings(if possible) assuming that it will take 200 years for the EXACT same lotto ticket to repeat(or whatever the real number is

Now i'm extremely curious to see how large this pool of Unique numbers is, IF its affordable to play, study all drawings and play every 1 in 10 if you catchmy drift

Alexandria,VA
                        United States
                        Member #51062
                        March 26, 2007
                        367 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2007, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the good ideas.

It is interesting to note this past draw  1,4,11,31,47  (4/17/07)

Has the double in the single (zeros)  section -- so that portion still holds up.

However, the other pattern note (at least four of the numbers will be in the previous 12 drawings)...

did not come to pass...... Only 11 was in the past 12 drawings....

Also of note:  with 1, 11 and 31 part of the grouping, maybe there is something

to the ending digit mapping noted earlier...when I get time I will study that in more detail.

Thanks for the thoughts.

KJ

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                          Member #48046
                          December 7, 2006
                          1699 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2007, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Just to let you know......

I too group my numbers starting at 1 through 9....

And kjs  We call those unique draws,  "no group".....

and the trick is to try to guess when the groups hit and which groups hit.

Uuummm...  not to call anybody out or anything,  ..

But mabey try to talk to guesser, he's the one that got me started on the 'group thing'

and yes ......I'm glad other people are starting to notice!Hurray! 

Calgary,Alberta
                            Canada
                            Member #51644
                            April 17, 2007
                            23 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2007, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Hi again. Thanks for them reply's. It's good to hear all kinds of ideas, and also really good to hear opposing views and methods that can stem into something newely discovered. Best of luck playing those big lottos.

Another simple idea I thought is this:

In a 56 Number Pool (MM), every one of these numbers containing a single digit can be written as follows.

The numbers out of 56, containing the digit 1 For examble are: 1,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,21,31,41,51(Thats a total of 14!) 

That may be a start of a study showing digit frequenceys, then devising a wheeling system. I'm thinking using For example, the number 1(or any from 0-9), as a base digit to wheel out the field of the numbers with digit #1(or 0-9);And wheeling them in at least combo's of 3, {Ex. 1,11,12.....1,11,13.........11,21,31...etc,etc.}

I have no idea how many that is?

That kind of plan "may" be feasable, combining it with your hot numbers from last 12 drawings.

Hope this gets the old ticker ticking!!!

Alexandria,VA
                              United States
                              Member #51062
                              March 26, 2007
                              367 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2007, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Well here are the statistics for the “last digit”.  These were performed on the Mega Millions previous results since the number change (June 2005).  There are 190 drawing results represented in these statistics.

COUNTDescription
                              62Out of 190 Draws had no match of Last Digits
                              10Out of 190 had two or more matches on Zero Last digits
                              61Out of 190 had one Zero Last digit
                              71Out of 190 had one or more Zeros Last Digit
                              55Out of 190 had one Ones Last Digit
                              16Out of 190 Had two or more matches on Ones Last digits
                              71Out of 190 had one or more Ones Last Digit
                              67Out of 190 had one TWOS Last Digit
                              19Out 190 had two or more TWOS Last Digit
                              86Out 190 had one or more TWOS Last Digit
                              15Out of 190 Had two or more Threes Last Digits
                              69Out of 190 had one threes Last Digits
                              84Out of 190 had one or more Threes Last Digits
                              17Out of 190 had two of more Fours Last Digits
                              71out of 190 had one Fours Last Digits
                              88out of 190 had one or more Fours Last Digits
                              15out of 190 had two or more Fives Last digits
                              83out of 190 had one Fives Last Digits
                              98Out of 190 had one or more Fives Last Digits
                              18Out of 190 had two or more Sixes Last Digits
                              70Out of 190 had one Sixes Last Digits
                              88Out of 190 had one or more Sixes Last Digits
                              13Out of 190 had two or more Sevens Last Digits
                              56Out of 190 had one Sevens Last Digits
                              69Out of 190 had one or more Sevens Last Digits
                              16Out of 190 had two or more Eights Last Digits
                              62Out 190 had one Eights Last Digits
                              78Out of 190 Had one or more Eights Last Digits
                              10Out of 190 Had two or more Nines Last Digits
                              49Out of 190 Had one Nines Last Digit
                              59Out of 190 had one or More Nines Last Digits

I did not calculate the percentage amount because I am not sure how to?  Maybe one of those statistical experts would care to jump in and explain.

For example on the surface it appears the Last digit “5” has the most returns for the drawing results.  Meaning 98 out of 190 draws there has been at least one “5” number in the draw or around 51% of the time.

However, there are more numbers that end in five…..

You can have 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55 or six chances…..

Whereas with 0, 7, 8, 9 you only have five chances….

10, 20, 30, 40, 50  -- 7, 17, 27, 37, 47 – 8, 18, 28, 38, 48 – 9, 19, 29, 39, 49

So for example the Last Digit “8” has 78 out of 190 or around 41% but since it has fewer chances to appear – wouldn’t that make it a higher percentage?

Overall, I did not see any significant yield to help our number selection based on Last Digits.

KJ