Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would winning the lottery change your life?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #51302
April 5, 2007
10 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Find out from the winners themselves as we reveal their stories and discover what they plan to do with their winnings.

King's Lynn syndicate £4,206,341A syndicate of four men who all work for M&B Servicing Road Maintenance Company in King's Lynn, has paved the way to their future by scooping a fantastic £4,206,341 win on the Lotto draw held on Wednesday 14th March, only weeks after finding out they are being made redundant.

Syndicate leader David Brock said that the syndicate had gone through a roller coaster of emotions over the last few days. "We were obviously very sad about losing our jobs through redundancy, especially as the company is well respected by the guys and we enjoy working together. But suddenly our future has completely changed with the win and we are all on a high."

It was David's colleague, Trevor Kimber, who first discovered the win. Trevor explained: "I was reading the Daily Mirror at work and I thought the numbers looked familiar. The truth is that I've got it wrong many times before so I didn't believe it. I got the ticket out of the van and said to David, 'you'd better check this and get a copy of the winning numbers'.

"David went into the local supermarket and when he came out said, 'well it's right, we've got every one'. It was a fantastic moment and we're very, very happy of course."

The syndicate is already starting to make plans for the future. Trevor wants to buy a new VW car and take it easy until he decides what to do with his winnings.

David has plans to buy his own house, a new car and take time out to travel to New Zealand and Australia to visit relatives. He commented: "This win changes everything. It's the opportunity of a lifetime and I really am going to enjoy it."

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2007, 12:33 am - IP Logged

no more stress,no more worries.

Australia
      Member #51302
      April 5, 2007
      10 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2007, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Except the stress od managing the money, but I think I could handle that!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2007, 12:55 am - IP Logged

just being able to relax and i would have an at home gym so i wouldnt have to go out and possibly be recognized as a lottery winner and anything else i need i can order from the internet so i would only have to leave my home when i want to. travel and see the world and do whatever i want when i want to do it....

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Well I wouldn't be in this hellhole called the Poconos anymore, I can tell you that right now.

(insert signature here)