Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cat and Dog Lottery

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Has your cat(s)/dog(s) won the Pet Lottery?

Yes my pets are clearly winners. [ 15 ]  [68.18%]
No they're loosers like me. [ 4 ]  [18.18%]
Duh? [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
No Pets. [ 2 ]  [9.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 22 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2007, 1:26 am - IP Logged

From the look of things my cats have clearly won the Cat Lottery. Prizes are free room and board for life, maid, butler, litter pan  service,  treats and toys.  If only their luck would rub off on me. 

No they're not spoiled, just lucky furballs.

Have your pets won the Pet Lottery?

BobP

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2007, 1:37 am - IP Logged

My pets have won nice prizes, but unlike state run games the odds were fairly good and my pets would be happy with far more modest prizes.

I did okay in the child lottery, but unfortunately the annuity ran out years ago and I no longer get free room and board. 

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2007, 1:46 am - IP Logged

I voted no..they're losers like me. 

We have a miniature doberman pincher and an over grown Rotweiler puppy, which weighs about 75 pounds. I can't wait till he becomes full grown....NOT!...LOL

As long as they have to earn their cozy lifestyle, so will I, except that I work 17 times harder for it, and it's not nearly as cozy for me, as it is for them, because they get to do whatever they want. And when they mess up and I get mad....He gives me those puppy eyes, and I can't even smack him on his butt. He doesen't really know what's going on. Well...he does, but not like the way humans do. Anyway...I'm yapping away..

The stuff they tear up in the house on a daily basis has reached the owner's limit in the tolerance department. Oh well..dogs will be dogs.

When I win the big one...nobody will have to earn anything, they won't know the difference except for more running area...LOL

P.S. My roomate also has two baby Iguanas, A really weird looking lizard with a turtle's head and body (except for the shell of course), and  a thickly semi pineapple skin type armored tail that evolution forgot about. Also a Boa Constricter, many fish, and an eel.

It's like a zoo here....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2007, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Yup, our pets have won the 'Cat and Dog' Lottery, but I'm sure you guys would agree that the way the critters look at it, we've won the lottery by having them.

Dog and cat logic, kinda.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2007, 3:38 am - IP Logged

skeeter has won a few dog races in his time too!!

Lucky Star's avatar - flower2
            Georgia
            United States
            Member #38040
            April 23, 2006
            1643 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2007, 5:38 am - IP Logged

"My dog's not spoiled. I'm just well trained." 

Peace.  And, Good Luck!!!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1303
              March 27, 2003
              1508 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2007, 9:01 am - IP Logged

From the look of things my cats have clearly won the Cat Lottery. Prizes are free room and board for life, maid, butler, litter pan  service,  treats and toys.  If only their luck would rub off on me. 

No they're not spoiled, just lucky furballs.

Have your pets won the Pet Lottery?

BobP

That sounds pretty good.  Ever thought of adopting a Badger?

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2007, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Oh,yes,my kitty is definitely a spoiled winner! But,then again,he gives me a prize too,like a dead mouse on my back porch once in awhile. The ultimate kitty gift!!  Meow!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31343 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2007, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Oh,yes,my kitty is definitely a spoiled winner! But,then again,he gives me a prize too,like a dead mouse on my back porch once in awhile. The ultimate kitty gift!!  Meow!

Oh yes - those great gifts - lol

Cat And Mouse Tail 

love to nibble those micey feet.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                    Member #50124
                    February 26, 2007
                    601 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

My name is Punkin Head (what a dorky name, but I seem to be stuck with it) and my human is LuckyLilly.

I do not need to win the lottery.  I am Entitled to all the good things in life, for I am Feline, King of All.  (Yes, Punkin Head, King of All.  Unhappy  Quit laughing, you'll upset the gods.)  It is only the lowly Human and Canine species who must struggle, beg, and hope for Divine Intervention to bestow riches and leisure upon their unworthy heads.

Perhaps if you please the Feline gods in this life, you will have the honor of being born into a life of Entitlement as Feline in your next life.  So go fetch me a liver, lightly sauteed and served with organic cream in a crystal glass.  Provide your nails, grown long, to scratch my buttocks.  Allow me to watch your human copulation with disdain, then I'll sleep right in the center of your bed as you contort your body to accommodate mine.  Take all measures necessary to ensure I am not jiggled, jostled, poked, or otherwise annoyed while taking my rest.

Do these things untiringly and with joy in your heart, knowing it is your place to serve Me.

Now I must go remind that slothenly human who calls herself my Mummy (as IF!) and remind her that lunch must be served forthwith. 

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

There is a plethora of kitties that hit the lotto when they found me and my wife.

You see, we cannot turn our backs on the feral colonies we find behind shopping centers, burger kings, waffle houses , and the like.

We have fed and provided shelter to so many for so long that we lose count.

Monetarily, we could easily have spent a lottery jackpot or two with what we do for these poor cats, but we don't complain, we just do it. We have taken in as many as we can accomodate and long ago reached our saturation point at home . All the kitties we have at home were rescues, so in essence I guess they did hit the lotto because they don't have to worry where their next meal is coming from any more- not to mention the people that are mean to them...

You all would not believe what we have to put up with from humans just to give feral cats a meal and water. It is unbelieveable how callous some people are.

The show of appreciation that we see from these ferals makes it well worth it.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31343 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2007, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

There is a plethora of kitties that hit the lotto when they found me and my wife.

You see, we cannot turn our backs on the feral colonies we find behind shopping centers, burger kings, waffle houses , and the like.

We have fed and provided shelter to so many for so long that we lose count.

Monetarily, we could easily have spent a lottery jackpot or two with what we do for these poor cats, but we don't complain, we just do it. We have taken in as many as we can accomodate and long ago reached our saturation point at home . All the kitties we have at home were rescues, so in essence I guess they did hit the lotto because they don't have to worry where their next meal is coming from any more- not to mention the people that are mean to them...

You all would not believe what we have to put up with from humans just to give feral cats a meal and water. It is unbelieveable how callous some people are.

The show of appreciation that we see from these ferals makes it well worth it.

same here.  i have my county covered - my daughter has her county covered. 

Kitty 5 

love to nibble those micey feet.

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2007, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

same here.  i have my county covered - my daughter has her county covered. 

Kitty 5 

God bless you and your daughter Emilyg....

DD

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2007, 4:17 am - IP Logged

this is skeeter best friend....scatter

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:46 am - IP Logged

this is skeeter best friend....scatter

WOW!

Is that dog really that big? The dog's head stands as tall as the man's chest...LOL Unless he's just short....