Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Life After Winning The Lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #49956
February 21, 2007
57 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged
    tnlotto1's avatar - logo
    nashville
    United States
    Member #49896
    February 18, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2007, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

he really is enjoying the spotlight i have read many interviews with him so he could careless about being anonymous he wants to be a famous billionaire oneday

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2007, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I agree that he enjoys the spotlight. Maybe he likes getting his ego stroked over and over. This man didn't find a cure for a disease or run into a burning building.  He won money because he was very, very lucky.  Even if he did use a "system" as he claims, he's gone way past the braggart stage IMHO.  No, this isn't jealousy at all.  I've just seen his face too many times.  There are a lot of people who buy real estate, invest in the stock market, turn businesses into major chains, etc., who don't have special news stories about them all the time.  Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, but I find it boring.  I enjoyed reading Mr. Duke's story the first time and maybe even the second time on Lottery Post.

United States
        Member #24439
        October 22, 2005
        638 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2007, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I read on another link on LP that he is working on a number system. I say good luck to him on becoming a Billionaire.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2007, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Good for him for winning, but it sounds like he'll never be satisified. If he gets to a billion he''ll want a trillion, etc... 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Good for him for winning, but it sounds like he'll never be satisified. If he gets to a billion he''ll want a trillion, etc... 

Funny that you should mention this....

I knew a man who had millions and he once told me that after the first 10 (this was about 15 years ago) it's all one big game.  It wasn't about the money.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

A guy I worked with in Las Vegas, always said, "You have to understand, for the really wealthy people money is just a way of keeping score."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #51734
                April 22, 2007
                22 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2007, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Unless you're in that mans shoes, you don't know how you'll adjust to winning that much money.  I don't blame him for milking his 15 mins of fame.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10390 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

BBBx3

Hang around here for awhile and you'll find out that probably at least 80% of us want absolutely nothing to do with 'the 15 minutes of fame' a jackpot brings.

There's an entire encyclopedia of reasons.  

Lep

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2007, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Unless you're in that mans shoes, you don't know how you'll adjust to winning that much money.  I don't blame him for milking his 15 mins of fame.

Neither do I, although what Coin Toss wrote is true.  Most people want to be left in peace and stay anonymous if possible, but that doesn't apply to all winners.  I hope I wasn't misunderstood.  I was trying to say I didn't think there was really anything wrong with the attention he was getting, if that's what he wants.. just that I find it boring after the first 2 times. 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #1303
                      March 27, 2003
                      1508 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2007, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

BBBx3

Hang around here for awhile and you'll find out that probably at least 80% of us want absolutely nothing to do with 'the 15 minutes of fame' a jackpot brings.

There's an entire encyclopedia of reasons.  

Yes indeedy. If it was me, I'd become a hermit.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.