Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which would you....

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which best describes you. Would you rather be rich and miserable or poor and happy?

Rich and miserable [ 18 ]  [38.30%]
Poor and happy [ 8 ]  [17.02%]
I don't know [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
I'm not sure [ 2 ]  [4.26%]
I hate this poll [ 10 ]  [21.28%]
This poll doesen't belong here [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
I love my mother [ 7 ]  [14.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I personally would rather be rich and miserable considering I have to work 5 days a week, and I'm miserable when I do. Considering the last statement it wouldn't be much different, except that I would have more money in the bank, and not have to work. All I do when I work is make my employer rich and happy.

My opinion is that if your rich and miserable, it's much easier to get self-help issues resolved, than to try to create wealth from scratch.

Remember, the millionaires in this country only represent about 2 percent of the population. Not easy to be a millionaire. Way easy to get help for a bad day or two, or more...LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

The expression I always use when people say "money isn't important" is that I'd rather be Rich & Miserable than Poor & Miserable!  Jester

But you didn't give me that choice, so I checked rich & miserable.

I honestly don't think I'd be rich and too unhappy. I know every spiritual teacher will disagree with me, but right now the majority of my concerns are related to money, even the medical problems.  I'd still have my good days and bad days, because I'm human. However, with money, you have so many choices.  Sure, everyone should work hard and save for 30 or 40 years, and I'm the first person to admit I've blown many opportunities lately and wasted more money over the past few years than I care to mention.  But compared to a lottery jackpot, it's a small amount, not even a year's interest.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

i voted for rich and miserable...Bed

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Happiness is a state of mind..

Of course health is more important than money / happiness..

I choose to be happy.

I would be happy  sitting in a mud hole with my hubby... It the quality time that makes me happy..

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

The expression I always use when people say "money isn't important" is that I'd rather be Rich & Miserable than Poor & Miserable!  Jester

But you didn't give me that choice, so I checked rich & miserable.

I honestly don't think I'd be rich and too unhappy. I know every spiritual teacher will disagree with me, but right now the majority of my concerns are related to money, even the medical problems.  I'd still have my good days and bad days, because I'm human. However, with money, you have so many choices.  Sure, everyone should work hard and save for 30 or 40 years, and I'm the first person to admit I've blown many opportunities lately and wasted more money over the past few years than I care to mention.  But compared to a lottery jackpot, it's a small amount, not even a year's interest.

I use the same exact expression...LOL

The reason I didn't include that choice was because this poll is was specifically designed to see who would be the first person to mention that expression. NOT!!!...but it sounded good...lOL

But seriously, you're right justxploring, that should have been included. Good call!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I choose to be happy.

I would be happy  sitting in a mud hole with my hubby... It the quality time that makes me happy..

I totally agree. A lot of wealthy people are very unhappy and health is certainly more important.  However, in most cases, money will make you much more comfortable, even if you are very sick.  Ever been in a hospital ward for those who don't have insurance or can't afford a semi-private room?  Many of the people who died during Katrina didn't have the means to leave because of the cost of gas or they didn't even own a car.  Some of the nursing home residents who drowned were either poor or their families didn't have enough to pay for private home health care.  Money certainly isn't the answer to everything, but it does give one the chance to live better. (and to die better too)

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2007, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I choose to be happy.

Very true, all the money in the world couldn't do anyone good if they're lying on a hospital bed.

However, this is about happiness and welath at the same time. It's very possible. Believe me, I see them riding around all day long in their fancy shmancy Caddies. They look very happy to me. Except for that they can't drive too well, their nice little ...huge rather nest egg just releases funds from high heaven,,,LOL

love2005's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                Member #9727
                December 18, 2004
                964 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2007, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

i do not know but we all here for some kind of reasons that god has for us now and in future too.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2007, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

i do not know but we all here for some kind of reasons that god has for us now and in future too.

I hope so...cause if they aint no GOD...we're blanked.....LOL

What a waste of humanity that would be...

We couldn't pass such a simple test. Raping the Earth, polluting our mother Earth was not an option....LOL

AMEN!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Poor and miserable is a reality for far too many people. I'm sure they would all love to have a shot at being rich and miserable.

The poll should have also had the option of rich and happy and poor and miserable.

Decent poll, pacattack, but it implies all rich are miserable. I don't think that's the case.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #10720
                      January 23, 2005
                      933 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Being happy is more important than money. Playing the game makes me happy if I win at least something once in a while. The reason poor people would tend to be miserable is the difficulty in obtaining basic comforts like food and shelter. Freezing and hungry and happy don't exactly go together so "poor" is a relative term. I consider myself "poor" compared to those around me but equally as "happy" because I try to appreciate whatever I have but I expect a certain minimum i.e. access to radio, internet, and of course food & shelter. It's more of a thing that if I won big to have people that are normally snotty to me I could say if now they want something, "where were you when I was poor?"

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8364 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2007, 10:45 pm - IP Logged
                        If you a person who strives to be successful, and attains success you can handle the best and worst of most situations. Being well rounded and mindful of your situations can make life easier for you. If you are successful at what you do you will have the money to go along with it.
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #51734
                          April 22, 2007
                          22 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I've been miserable all my life and poor all my life. 

I'll gladly take becoming rich and miserable, of course I would prefer not to be miserable, but hey, I'll do almost anything to become wealthy.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #50273
                            March 3, 2007
                            348 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Look, i'll take rich and miserable over poor and happy any day of the week simply because i'd have a crapload of free time on my hand to do things that make me happy.  Money doesn't buy you hapiness, it buys you LOTS of free time to do the things that make you happy.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5124 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2007, 4:01 am - IP Logged

I choose to be happy.

But...I voted too

& everyone KNOWS........their is a BUTttttttttt!!!!!! there????????

(HELP me tntea)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EVERYONE>>>>KNOWS>>>>>>>>>>PSYKOMO is KRAZZEIEEE!!!

I would be happy sitting in a mud hole with my $!000,000,000,$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$