Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tnlotto1's avatar - logo
nashville
United States
Member #49896
February 18, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

does anyone know how many Georgia Millionaire Raffle tickets have been sold? i know they just went on sale on the 15th but i wanted to know when i need to make that trip to the tennessee/georgia border and pick up a few because i have been just buying tennessee raffle tickets recently.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2007, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Just send $20 or $100 or whatever you were planning o spending to the Georgia lottery and say, "I was going to play the raffle with this, I can't stand having it, so I'll just skip the formality of buying the tickets."

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2007, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Just send $20 or $100 or whatever you were planning o spending to the Georgia lottery and say, "I was going to play the raffle with this, I can't stand having it, so I'll just skip the formality of buying the tickets."

Green laugh

Jester Laugh you are right Coin Toss so far that has been everytime i play the lottery of any kind but soon ill be a jackpot winner...Hyper

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: April 25, 2007, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I was being a wise guy but thus far I don't think anyone here has won anything in a raffle.

The lottieries like to tell us that something like one in every 80 tickets is a winner,  but when you have 509 winners of 500,000 tickets it seems to me like there's 509 winners and 499, 492 losers. Same sceanrio with 300,000 tickets and 303 or 306 winners or whatever it is.

It also amazes me that so many people here that are anti-quick pick will gladly fork over $20 for a raffle ticket. Think about that one.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
          nashville
          United States
          Member #49896
          February 18, 2007
          1181 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2007, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I was being a wise guy but thus far I don't think anyone here has won anything in a raffle.

The lottieries like to tell us that something like one in every 80 tickets is a winner,  but when you have 509 winners of 500,000 tickets it seems to me like there's 509 winners and 499, 492 losers. Same sceanrio with 300,000 tickets and 303 or 306 winners or whatever it is.

It also amazes me that so many people here that are anti-quick pick will gladly fork over $20 for a raffle ticket. Think about that one.

i agree it doesnt make sense to be anti quick pick when its only 1 or 2 dollars for on ticket but then to fork over 10 dollars or 20 dollars for a raffle ticket. the odds are really bad in raffle so i dont like the lottery fooling people into thinking they are good odds because at least i know the truth going in and i choose to buy them anyway so i dont want anyone to be misled into the purchase. tennessee million madness raffle will only have 106 winners out of 800,000 tickets sold but i dont think they will hit that mark so even if its 106 total winner out of 650,000 tickets sold at least i know the terrible odds going into my purchase. im the one who will do both ill get quick picks and raffle tickets. a few years ago i hated quick picks i just assumed that the lottery was kicking out the same numbers around the country so they could choose when we all win or not but with so many winners being quick picks i decided about 2 years ago that i needed to get quick picks to go along with my favorite numbers ive been been playing for 10 years...Clown

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10354 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2007, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Having a raffle with 106 winners out of 800,000 tickets sold shouldn't even legal.

For all the thread we've had here about boycotting this or that lottery, that's the one that would truly deserve a boycott.

Everyone in Tennessee whho plays lotto shoul contact the lottery commission and say plaease don't insult our intelligence with this raffle you're offering.

Lep

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2007, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Having a raffle with 106 winners out of 800,000 tickets sold shouldn't even legal.

For all the thread we've had here about boycotting this or that lottery, that's the one that would truly deserve a boycott.

Everyone in Tennessee whho plays lotto shoul contact the lottery commission and say plaease don't insult our intelligence with this raffle you're offering.

i agree completely coin toss. i think the tennessee players are boycotting by not buying tickets so i guess that is the best way to boycott is to just not buy the tickets because there is no way they will hit the 800K mark by may 14th...

amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #24912
                October 29, 2005
                94 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

does anyone know how many Georgia Millionaire Raffle tickets have been sold? i know they just went on sale on the 15th but i wanted to know when i need to make that trip to the tennessee/georgia border and pick up a few because i have been just buying tennessee raffle tickets recently.

Around 46,500 tickets have been sold on April 28, 2007

VA lottery does it the best way. They have a counter on their website that tells how many tickets are remaining.

The Millionaire Raffle, with the best odds ever of winning $1 million

dollars (1 in 125,000), features four top prizes of $1 million dollars,

five prizes of $100,000, and 500 $1,000 prizes. Only 500,000 tickets at

$20 each will be available for sale, and the drawing will occur on June

30, 2007.

The person at the gas station told me that the drawing would not happen until all tickets were sold.

But on the GA lottery website they say the drawing will occur on June 30, 2007.

Interesting to see what happens.

Hyper

Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery Wink

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2007, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Around 46,500 tickets have been sold on April 28, 2007

VA lottery does it the best way. They have a counter on their website that tells how many tickets are remaining.

The Millionaire Raffle, with the best odds ever of winning $1 million

dollars (1 in 125,000), features four top prizes of $1 million dollars,

five prizes of $100,000, and 500 $1,000 prizes. Only 500,000 tickets at

$20 each will be available for sale, and the drawing will occur on June

30, 2007.

The person at the gas station told me that the drawing would not happen until all tickets were sold.

But on the GA lottery website they say the drawing will occur on June 30, 2007.

Interesting to see what happens.

Hyper

thanks for the update on tickets sold i hope to get down there in may to pick up a few of them. georgia has two months to sell out but if they dont i wonder if they will push the drawing back?...Guitar

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

i saw ticket # 67163 today....See Ya!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

i purchased ticket #130892 today...Thumbs Up

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                        North Dakota
                        United States
                        Member #13397
                        April 5, 2005
                        1623 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2007, 2:44 am - IP Logged

While in Wildwood, GA today I purchased gas for an amazing $2.85 per gallon and waited in line for 10 minutes for people buying these raffle tickets.  I learned my lesson last winter.  Good luck tnlotto1.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                          nashville
                          United States
                          Member #49896
                          February 18, 2007
                          1181 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2007, 11:08 am - IP Logged

While in Wildwood, GA today I purchased gas for an amazing $2.85 per gallon and waited in line for 10 minutes for people buying these raffle tickets.  I learned my lesson last winter.  Good luck tnlotto1.

thanks for the good luck...i noticed the gas was cheaper on the sign for wildwood but i had just filled up for 3.09 a gallon i think