Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Median Skips

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tben.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #51537
April 13, 2007
29 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2007, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I have been reading some material on the Ion Saliu website.  He discusses the use of median skips for a given degree of certainty.  Anyone using this concept for picking numbers?  I'd be interested to hear how it works in practice.

Thanks,

Terry

Canada
    Member #12229
    March 8, 2005
    28 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2007, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm not quite sure *which* theory/program you're referring to, as he has a number of them, however regarding his Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG) generally, I've tested it a fair bit against Canadian lotteries (pick 6 and pick 7), and I've found it to be consistently pretty accurate at 90% "degree of certainty" or higher (eg, that will usually leave a pool with all the winning numbers, or only 1 or 2 eliminated, which I consider quite good on a consistent basis).  However, that said, at 90% or higher it will only eliminate 3-5 numbers for any given draw - which leaves a pool of possible numbers not terribly economical to play :(

Regarding median skips specifically, I've also played around with that on my own - ratios between avg. skips and median skips, overall avg. vs. overall median, etc, and had some interesting results narrowing down the possible number pool to 25 numbers or so with 4 of 6 winners or higher (not fantastic economically but better than the entire pool) - however, I had consistency problems with it (eg, my theory would work fine for several draws and then it seems the *inverse* of the results would apply for several draws, and then it would switch back - however, I've been unable to determine a rhyme or reason to it, which makes it fairly useless).

Ah well, the joys of experimenting :)

Florida
      United States
      Member #51537
      April 13, 2007
      29 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2007, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi mabman,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Glad to hear you are looking at skips.  I'm trying to find an approach that works but is also logical.  Although, I guess I'd settle for one that works.

Thanks,

Terry

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
        Member #1987
        August 5, 2003
        8968 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2007, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I have been reading some material on the Ion Saliu website.  He discusses the use of median skips for a given degree of certainty.  Anyone using this concept for picking numbers?  I'd be interested to hear how it works in practice.

Thanks,

Terry

Hi tben, click on Resources at the top right of the page then select Search for something. Input median skips or Ion Saliu. You will see many posts on the subject. Also you can search all history.

Florida
          United States
          Member #51537
          April 13, 2007
          29 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2007, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Laverne.

Terry