Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

three draws a day

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by cps10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

some states have midday,some have evening and some have both but is adding a third late draw good?

yes a third late draw is a good idea [ 11 ]  [28.95%]
no its not to many draws [ 24 ]  [63.16%]
not sure [ 3 ]  [7.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2007, 6:21 am - IP Logged

some states have midday,some have evening and some have both but is adding a third late draw good?

in other words is having three pick three and pick four draws a day too much?

hosni's avatar - hosni
    Escondido, CA
    United States
    Member #70
    December 31, 2001
    12798 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2007, 6:30 am - IP Logged

I say, the more the merrier. Oregon has four Pick-4 draws a day, 1, 4, 7, and 10 PM.

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2007, 6:36 am - IP Logged

how are you this morning hosni.i'd love it too and especially if i was playing quarter bets online.i could see three draws happening eventually in certain places.your right oregon does offer pick 4 four times a day.i hit oregon last april on a quarter pick 4 bet and won 2,250 bucks so its always been a favorite.

cableman753's avatar - 8ball
        Milan Tn. 4 now
        United States
        Member #48261
        December 18, 2006
        22 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2007, 7:05 am - IP Logged

2 is 2 many lol

3 would put me under the poor house     Bang Head

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2007, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I wish there was one every hour from 10am to 10pm, every night. Of course the payout might be less, but then the cost of playing should go down also, like maybe 25 cent bets.....LOL

In california, they have this horse betting game which is similar to p-3, and you can play it at most bars and some grocery stores. It runs every 5 minutes. I love it... It can be played at any store that has a lottery terminal.

California
            United States
            Member #46824
            October 1, 2006
            270 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2007, 11:27 am - IP Logged

I wish there was one every hour from 10am to 10pm, every night. Of course the payout might be less, but then the cost of playing should go down also, like maybe 25 cent bets.....LOL

In california, they have this horse betting game which is similar to p-3, and you can play it at most bars and some grocery stores. It runs every 5 minutes. I love it... It can be played at any store that has a lottery terminal.

pacattacko5... here is some information on games available in California.  Note as I only play Mega Millions and Super Lotto Plus those are the games I am most familiar with.

The horse betting game is called Daily Derby and as billed it is played daily.  It is similar to a p 3 game, you pick three horses and also a time for the race.

The game that is played throughout the day is called Hot Spot.  It is similar to Keno and runs every 4 minutes from 6:05 am until 1:00 am

Full details if interseted on the California Lottery web site, calottery.com 

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Yes,CA guy is correct. That Daily Derby is only once a day and believe me,Pac, it's not worth it. So hard to win and it's $2.00 a ticket!

The Keno's a rip too.

I think 2 draws a day is plenty for any games,otherwise there would be more people with gambling problems,as if there aren't enough already!

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #51734
                April 22, 2007
                22 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2007, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

No it's too many.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                  Member #50124
                  February 26, 2007
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2007, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Idaho only has one pick 3 per day, and even that gets too expensive to play if you're the type (like me) who has favorite numbers you feel you have to play each draw.  I don't play pick 3 at all cuz it would cost $6 a week just to play one set of each numbers for each draw.  If there were 3 draws per day that would be $18 per week, or $21 if your state draws on Sunday.  Too much for me to spend.  I'd rather spend my lottery money on the big jackpot games ~ ie Powerball.

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    hesperia ca
                    United States
                    Member #51533
                    April 13, 2007
                    44 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2007, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

in cali we have mid day and eve draws. i would love a late one.... this would give me one more chance to win! Party

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2007, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes,CA guy is correct. That Daily Derby is only once a day and believe me,Pac, it's not worth it. So hard to win and it's $2.00 a ticket!

The Keno's a rip too.

I think 2 draws a day is plenty for any games,otherwise there would be more people with gambling problems,as if there aren't enough already!

Yes, that's the one. I thought it was the daily derby that was played every 4 minutes. I should have known....DUH!....."DAILY" derby...LOL

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                        mississippi
                        United States
                        Member #34478
                        March 3, 2006
                        5903 Posts
                        Posted: May 3, 2007, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I think it would be a great idea..you know you would play if there was a 3rd or 4th draw...because you like the excitement of the game..the anticipation you get right before the draw now..dont you..lol..you know its true..that is why you watch it when you can and you hold your breath until the numbers are posted if you didnt get to see the draw..lol..its just a small moment of pure pleasure when you see the numbers and you have them on your ticket isnt it?..lol..Its a reward for all of the hardwork you out into finding those numbers..Kudos to everyone who gets to feel that...or maybe I just feel a little different myself..I enjoy the HUNT!!!!!!dont get me wrong..I enjoy the money as well..High Five on the Topic Mike..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: May 3, 2007, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

thanks lotterybraker....i can remember being walked to the financial gallows a few times and getting a last second reprieve when i looked at my ticket and realized i won a couple thousand.i have had plenty of exciting moments with the lottery.thanks for inspiring me i have thought of a new topic!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8364 Posts
                            Posted: May 3, 2007, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

2 draws a day is already a drain on my pocket. 3 draws a day would be a bit much.

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
                              Albany,Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #45615
                              August 24, 2006
                              2135 Posts
                              Posted: May 3, 2007, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I wish Georgia would go back to one cash 3 pick a day would save a whole lot of money!!    LOL!! HA HA !!

One day I will Hit BIG!!