Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

should I ??

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10438
January 13, 2005
431 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

unreal ((this is true)) I am washing dishs the other day  with my step daughter and we hear a loud ping off the kitchen window  to my surprise it was my kook neighbor shooting a gun and letting his 13 year old shooting it at my house !!!!!!!!!! so I video tape it and gave it too the police along with some ammo i found in the yard  --some sort of bb gun....  meanwhile I have an 8 year old running around the yard .... this nut is really asking for a civil suit  ---------------------------lottery hit the hard way? I would but.... I hate legal crap .... anyway what are your thoughts??? since I consider you guys n gals my friends

with all these school shootings and stuff  Its scary  not really a lottery topic but wanted an online opion

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

this is very dangerous.this person should be fined and warned.if this doesn't work jail time is imminent.

United States
      Member #10438
      January 13, 2005
      431 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

thanks mike yes its very scary  my back yard is off limits -for my children

United States
        Member #34266
        March 1, 2006
        188 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

That is open hostility directed at your family, its only going to get worse.  My advice is to get a restraining order on this guy, and press charges.  I would also call DSS since he his teaching his son to be a violent offender.  I would file a civil suit, really teach this guy a hard lesson.    In the long run if something absolutely horrible happens the guilt of not taking appropriate action will haunt you forever. 

United States
          Member #10438
          January 13, 2005
          431 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

That is open hostility directed at your family, its only going to get worse.  My advice is to get a restraining order on this guy, and press charges.  I would also call DSS since he his teaching his son to be a violent offender.  I would file a civil suit, really teach this guy a hard lesson.    In the long run if something absolutely horrible happens the guilt of not taking appropriate action will haunt you forever. 

yes bam i took action and went to the police with the vid i took and ammo i found  what they did i dont know  i never sighned anything I know they where over their house and probly took the gun away  other than that I have no clue  dont really want to pursue this but  I've been getting some curssing  from over the fence  and hes gonna pee me off to the point where i gonna reallly need to teach him a lesson ................. he definatly belongs on the jerry springer show

United States
            Member #34266
            March 1, 2006
            188 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

You have to go back to the police and file a report, stating that he is posing a danger to your family.  I had a neighbor who asked to take photos of my son.  I refused, and then he started leaving toys in his yard, to bait my son into going into his yard.  I went to the police filed a report and they sent detectives over.  No more toys in his yard.  You have to push back, because these sickos do not stop.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Follow up with the police, and try to communicate with the neighbor and work things out.  If no one is hurt and no harm is done it is better to make peace and reach an understanding, if it is a nut case, definitely inform the police and arm yourself.  I love the police, I have friends that are in blue, green, camo. etc., but they are never there when you need them.  This old adage is true and follows the odds perfectly, in the US there is approx. a 1/500 lawenforcement to civilians ratio.  They can't take care of everybody all the time.  You have to rely on yourself for you own safety and well being of your loved ones. jarasan.

p.s. bb guns can cause eye injurys but  rarely cause fatal injuries,  maybe they need you to train them how to aim the dang thing.

Well three posts later, if it is a nut case and won't communicate for lack of trying, do as bambini says.

United States
                Member #10438
                January 13, 2005
                431 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

i would rather try and talk to this guy but i feel its impossible  certainly  would like a peacful setting for my children  that goes without say  Since we've been thinkin about moving this has helped in some silly way to get me off my duff and start fixin this house for the move south.. and convinced my wife that the small 10 acre farm with the house plop in the middle is the way to go  for now i will let sleepim dogs lie  but any problems even of the smallest kind  i will go after this will the full weight of a freight train and not stop until the deal is done

thanks  i really need you guys at times like thisSmile

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                  Jacksonville Florida
                  United States
                  Member #23018
                  October 6, 2005
                  914 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Firing a gun at you or your house, BB or otherwise, is a definite police matter. If this happens again, call 911 when it is happening and tell the 911 operator someone is firing a gun (or rifle) at your house. Making it an emergency call while mentioning a gun in use will make it a top priority call with quick response...

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I'd take the kid's parents to court, but if they didn't side with me, then I would take it to a pellet court.