Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you wanna be single if You won Big?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you leave your significant other if you won the jackpot?

Oh yeah..in a heartbeat. [ 13 ]  [25.00%]
I would never leave my soulmate [ 27 ]  [51.92%]
Not sure [ 8 ]  [15.38%]
With my new crazy lifestyle-He/She would leave me. [ 4 ]  [7.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

Canada
Member #51896
April 30, 2007
10 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2007, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

I heard so many stories of people getting divorced after winning a big jackpot.I wonder how many times it's because after winning millions you just want your freedom to do as you please after being dependant on the other for so long or because with all that new money you realize you can do alot better than what you have?

What would you do?This question is not for single people.Boxing

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2007, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't have one, but I checked "I would never leave my soulmate" because if someone is really my soulmate, money would never separate us.  I've been single for so long that I doubt I could ever adjust to living with another person. I already have the freedom you are talking about, just not the money!!  That's why I take lots of walks...they don't cost anything!  I don't think solitude is necessarily synonymous with freedom.  You can have a significant other and still do the things you like if 2 people respect each other.  IMHO if people divorce after a jackpot win, the problems were already there when they were poor, but they just couldn't afford to break up! 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31553 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2007, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't have one, but I checked "I would never leave my soulmate" because if someone is really my soulmate, money would never separate us.  I've been single for so long that I doubt I could ever adjust to living with another person. I already have the freedom you are talking about, just not the money!!  That's why I take lots of walks...they don't cost anything!  I don't think solitude is necessarily synonymous with freedom.  You can have a significant other and still do the things you like if 2 people respect each other.  IMHO if people divorce after a jackpot win, the problems were already there when they were poor, but they just couldn't afford to break up! 

I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

MetroPlex's avatar - 619631
        Richmond, VA
        United States
        Member #5360
        July 1, 2004
        93 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Winning might help me get my soul-mate...or maybe I'm just being foolish.

MetroPLEX

Putting The Damage On.

Canada
          Member #51896
          April 30, 2007
          10 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2007, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Ah your right smartie pants..I shouldn't have used the word,"soulmate",maybe just partner or something.And maybe yes,problem's might have been there beforehand in some cases,but sometimes winning lots of money just might create a new problem that never existed before.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7713 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2007, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot---$$100Million      Soulmate---PRICELESS! 

Would never leave! Lovies

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

i wasnt going to vote and reply but i saw a few other single people did reply so i will too, i am single and i voted to be single when i win even though i know i will have to be careful to make sure the person i choose to date isnt just with me for money...Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19904 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

"What would you do?This question is not for single people."

There has been several stories in the LP News about jackpot winners who were single and had a mate for several years, they just never got around to making it legal.  Does a mate that you've shacked up with for a while qualify as a soulmate even if he/she doesn't have any legal right?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #34266
                  March 1, 2006
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

I know a lot of married women, whose  husbands make a lot of money, but don't like being married anymore, they would leave in a hearbeat  if they won the lottery. 

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                    NC
                    United States
                    Member #11741
                    February 23, 2005
                    1233 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

The only way anyone would leave their spouse or significant other after winning is because their relationship was not that strong in the first place.  My husband is the only person I would trust actually because we had no lottery together and stuck with it so when we win, it will be ours together.  20 plus years and still going strong.

K.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                      Nova Scotia
                      Canada
                      Member #9934
                      December 27, 2004
                      891 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I am single so I would want to stay single if I won the lottery. I've waited too long to win, so I don't want to share it with a boyfriend. I would finally be able to have more financial independence.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19904 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

i wasnt going to vote and reply but i saw a few other single people did reply so i will too, i am single and i voted to be single when i win even though i know i will have to be careful to make sure the person i choose to date isnt just with me for money...Thumbs Up

When ever you date someone it's probably because they have something you like, good looks, a nice body, good manners, maybe even a good education with the the potentials to make something of themselves.  Why shouldn't the fact that you've won a lottery jackpot be attractive to them too?  Just because someone likes that you have money doesn't mean you have to like them also if they aren't attractive to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          Nova Scotia
                          Canada
                          Member #9934
                          December 27, 2004
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2007, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

There are alot of people that I haven't dated because the compatibility wasn't there.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #50273
                            March 3, 2007
                            348 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

When I win the MM or PB jp, the only thing that will change will be the money in my bank accounts and my financial statements.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Coastal Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #2653
                              October 30, 2003
                              1866 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  There's not enough money in any jackpot to make me even think of not sharing it with my soulmate. I was lucky to find her and I would not trade her for any amount.

And one more thought... If you are lucky enough to find the right one, then you are already rich beyond all expectations.