Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IL $250 millionaires club

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by MindReader.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #51916
May 1, 2007
16 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2007, 12:01 am - IP Logged

The Illinois lottery has a game $$250 millionaires club and costs $10 to play, this game has been out for I think 9 months or so, and if you look at the winners so far on the website:                 

TOTAL AVAIL                        UNPAID

$2,000
$10,000
$50,000
$1,000,000

I have to think that they wait till they see the money that is brought in by sales before they put out the bulk of winners, 9 months is a long time and this game is the most popular instant game and sells like crazy..  It really boggles my mind, they let people spend spend spend, but while people are spending their really is not a lot of big winners even out their yet... Just my thoughts, I ve been following this game since it started, and it has really made me think twice about how they go about things. Has anyone played this game on a consistant basis and do you wonder the same thing.?

estreeter's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg

United States
    Member #52043
    May 7, 2007
    6 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

State run lotteries don't control the release or availability of winning tickets. It's convenient to assume that this kind of trickery goes on, but it's blatantly unfair and would quickly be discovered given the number of audits these organizations have to go through. Also, holding back prizes would require lottery employees or their suppliers to know the ticket and book numbers of the top prize winning tickets and their physical location. That kind of knowlege purposely isn't available in one place. Besides, it is of greater benefit to the lottery to see a game sell large and consistent, which can only happen if large prizes are claimed somewhat evenly over the life of the game. Players would quickly grow tired of not winning if the large prizes where held back.

United States
      Member #51916
      May 1, 2007
      16 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2007, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

State run lotteries don't control the release or availability of winning tickets. It's convenient to assume that this kind of trickery goes on, but it's blatantly unfair and would quickly be discovered given the number of audits these organizations have to go through. Also, holding back prizes would require lottery employees or their suppliers to know the ticket and book numbers of the top prize winning tickets and their physical location. That kind of knowlege purposely isn't available in one place. Besides, it is of greater benefit to the lottery to see a game sell large and consistent, which can only happen if large prizes are claimed somewhat evenly over the life of the game. Players would quickly grow tired of not winning if the large prizes where held back.

Sorry estreeter, but I believe your being quite naive not to think the lottery has control of their own product or own game.. Are you telling me when a game such as this comes out that the lottery would be ok with all 30 "1 million dollard winners" to be claimed within the first month? Not a chance, they wouldn't get a return on their money, they need and want to rake in a certain amount from sales, they aren't going to let all the big prizes be won in the first few months of distribution.. Do you know the people auditing the lottery, b/c I don't and don't trust anyone when dealing with that much money, only a foolish man trusts another when your dealing with millions upon millions of dollars, nobody can be trusted.. IMO..

estreeter's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg

United States
        Member #52043
        May 7, 2007
        6 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2007, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Sorry estreeter, but I believe your being quite naive not to think the lottery has control of their own product or own game.. Are you telling me when a game such as this comes out that the lottery would be ok with all 30 "1 million dollard winners" to be claimed within the first month? Not a chance, they wouldn't get a return on their money, they need and want to rake in a certain amount from sales, they aren't going to let all the big prizes be won in the first few months of distribution.. Do you know the people auditing the lottery, b/c I don't and don't trust anyone when dealing with that much money, only a foolish man trusts another when your dealing with millions upon millions of dollars, nobody can be trusted.. IMO..

I can only draw upon my own personal experience as a Lottery employee who develops and manages these games. We're in complete control of our own product and I've seen plenty of instant games tank because the top prizes were claimed within two weeks. That's why we have games ready and waiting to launch if necessary. There is no grand conspiracy to cheat players. To do so would require the willing involvement of far too many people, which is exactly what causes conspiracies to fail. People can't keep secrets. It's a fact of life.

United States
          Member #51916
          May 1, 2007
          16 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2007, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

You say people can't keep secrets? Let me tell you when peoples lives are on the line I can assure you they can. While I m not sure if I m saying if it's a big grand conspiracy to cheat players, I will voice MY OPINION say that those directly in charge of these tickets no when the BIG winners go out. I maybe wrong, but that's just my opinion.. Now my opinion on the LOTTO is about the same, amazing how the numbers the past what 5 weeks have been suspicious, I am so convinced that the lottery officials dictate if their is going to be a winner today or not.. What amazes me even more, is people even trying a number systems to predict the next drawing, b/c if the lottery is not rigged then it's mathamatically impossible to predict or even come close to the next drawing as balls dropping from a spinning wheel is completely random OR IS IT???? Even if you did work for the lottery and even designed the games... I can assure you that you wouldn't know if their was anything shady going on, it only takes a few people to get things done like that even though you might think a lot more people would have to know.  I m not some wacky conspiracy nut, but a lot more things in THIS COUNTRY would be solved if people would get their head out of their ### and look at all possibilities and not be afraid to even look at the worst scenerios... People do have agenda's and these same people don't care it all about us, but they expect us to believe their lies.