Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rolldown vs. Rollover

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Read initial post first - Should a jackpot rolldown or rollover?

Rolldown [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Rollover [ 7 ]  [58.33%]
Neither [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Both (something like below) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 12 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2007, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I had an idea for a new Pick 5 game. I can't decide if I like jackpots that rollover or one that rolls down to the lower levels if it isn't won. I came up with a corny idea to combine both into one game. You take a standard pick 5 game and you add a special drawing of some kind to determine if the jackpot will rollover to the next drawing or rolldown to the lower levels assuming it isn't won. The same rule could be applied in the unlikely event that a lower tier prize isn't won either (4 of 5). Thoughts?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: May 12, 2007, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it would work.  I'm not sure what you mean by "special drawing."  I prefer rollovers like the majority of people who voted here.

Florida has a pick 5 game that is really a pick-4 and 1 megaball.  (called MegaMoney) It begins at $500,000 and will continue to rollover until it reaches $2 million.  Then if nobody hits the jackpot, it will roll down every Tue & Fri until someone gets all 4 numbers plus the megaball. I don't mind that type of combination rollover/rolldown, but I'm guessing most players would like to just see the jackpot increase.  Our Fantasy 5 always rolls down if nobody hits, but I think a rollover is much better, since usually the amount won with 4/5 is very small. (although I've never won that either!)  I don't recall ever seeing a pick-5 result where nobody got 4 numbers. Usually over 100 people get 4 out of 5.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2007, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it would work.  I'm not sure what you mean by "special drawing."  I prefer rollovers like the majority of people who voted here.

Florida has a pick 5 game that is really a pick-4 and 1 megaball.  (called MegaMoney) It begins at $500,000 and will continue to rollover until it reaches $2 million.  Then if nobody hits the jackpot, it will roll down every Tue & Fri until someone gets all 4 numbers plus the megaball. I don't mind that type of combination rollover/rolldown, but I'm guessing most players would like to just see the jackpot increase.  Our Fantasy 5 always rolls down if nobody hits, but I think a rollover is much better, since usually the amount won with 4/5 is very small. (although I've never won that either!)  I don't recall ever seeing a pick-5 result where nobody got 4 numbers. Usually over 100 people get 4 out of 5.

I think what Jdc means is that after a drawing, there is another drawing of a yes or no ball in the barrel. If the yes ball comes out, then there is a rollover, and if a no ball comes out there will be a rolldown.

Personally, I'd rather have a rolldown, just to get a nice bone once in a while. Spread the wealth I say!...LOL

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2007, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I had an idea for a new Pick 5 game. I can't decide if I like jackpots that rollover or one that rolls down to the lower levels if it isn't won. I came up with a corny idea to combine both into one game. You take a standard pick 5 game and you add a special drawing of some kind to determine if the jackpot will rollover to the next drawing or rolldown to the lower levels assuming it isn't won. The same rule could be applied in the unlikely event that a lower tier prize isn't won either (4 of 5). Thoughts?

*SIGH*. I can barely even tell what you're trying to say. You want jackpots to be able to go down? 4 of 5 is considered a "lower" tier prize?Confused

Gonna win.Big Smile