|Posted: May 14, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged|
I got another question that probably is simple to answer but I can't get it...
How do you get a 0 (Zero) to remain showing when typing it into a spreadsheet? Example... 01 or 05... If I want the zero to remain on the sheet and not dissappear, how do I go about doing that?
When ever I try typing 05 or 09 into a cell it just shows the 5 or the 9... I want it to show the 0 as well.
1. Select the cell, row or column of cells you want.
2. Right-Click (Mouse)
3. Select>Format Cells
4. A Format Cell Window will open
5. Click the Tab labeled "Number" at the top
6. In the "Category" Box Select>Number (Should be at the bottom)
7. In the "Type" Box to the right click the 0 (zero) (should be under the word "General")
8. In the Box above the word General you should now see a 0 (zero)
9. Add another 0 (zero) then Click the OK button at the bottom
The cell or cells will now be formatted with a leading zero such as the 05 and 09.