Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What should I do? Can't see my numbers.

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I bought $4 worth of qps.  I looked at my tickets and I can't see my numbers.  The printer ink ran out.  I ask the store clerk for another printout. The store clerk said, "sorry, I can'tgive you another printout.  Comeback after the game to check if you won.  "   How do I know if I won or not?  Has this ever happen to anyone else.   

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2007, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I bought $4 worth of qps.  I looked at my tickets and I can't see my numbers.  The printer ink ran out.  I ask the store clerk for another printout. The store clerk said, "sorry, I can'tgive you another printout.  Comeback after the game to check if you won.  "   How do I know if I won or not?  Has this ever happen to anyone else.   

I'm pretty sure if you can see the serial numbers, and the barcode, you should be ok.

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Thank you.  Forgot about the barcode. 

United States
        Member #34266
        March 1, 2006
        188 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

If you can't see the numbers the only way to know if you won, is if the store had a jackpot winner for the draw.  Laziness on their part for not changing the tape.  Good luck!

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

If you can't see the numbers the only way to know if you won, is if the store had a jackpot winner for the draw.  Laziness on their part for not changing the tape.  Good luck!

Are you saying I can't have the tix checked by the terminal unless there was a jackpot winner? How do you figure? Or...Am I reading your comment wrong?

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7343 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2007, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Thank you.  Forgot about the barcode. 

If the printer ran out of ink, how did it print a barcode?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2007, 2:38 am - IP Logged

It's not what you should do now but what you should have done then.

Some where in all lotteries rules is printed "CHECK YOUR PRINTED TICKET for accuracy BEFORE leaving the agent location.  It is YOUR responsibility to check your ticket". 

If the ticket was unreadable then you should have returned it to the clerk and bought your ticket at another location.  You are not obligated to pay for the mistakes of the store.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: May 18, 2007, 6:30 am - IP Logged

If the printer ran out of ink, how did it print a barcode?

I was only assuming that the ink was on it's way out. The poster conceded in that he or she forgot about the barcode, and assuming he or she looked to see if the barcode was there, then proceeded to respond by saying....Ah! I forgot about the barcode.

I was assuming by the response that he or she saw the ticket before responding, and confirmed in an indirect way, that the code was in fact there.

In my experience, all of the ink doesen't just disappear into thin air. It gradually goes away.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7343 Posts
                  Posted: May 18, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Pac,

After the drawing the barcode would say if it was winner but when most people purchase 4 QPs they expect to see the numbers. With the exception of Mega Millions, in Ohio the tickets can be canceled and the customer can either wait until the ink was replaced in the terminal or play somewhere else.

If it was me and a clerk handed me a ticket with no numbers on it, I wouldn't pay for it.

United States
                    Member #4121
                    March 23, 2004
                    817 Posts
                    Posted: May 18, 2007, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

The barcode was ok and sadly was a non winner.  I decided not to go to that store again. Thank you all.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: May 18, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Pac,

After the drawing the barcode would say if it was winner but when most people purchase 4 QPs they expect to see the numbers. With the exception of Mega Millions, in Ohio the tickets can be canceled and the customer can either wait until the ink was replaced in the terminal or play somewhere else.

If it was me and a clerk handed me a ticket with no numbers on it, I wouldn't pay for it.

True, but the feeling I got was that JackpotWanna was more concerned about whether the tickets were redeemable because of the lack of numbers, not so much that she couldn't see the numbers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2007, 10:55 am - IP Logged

It would be sad to refuse the ticket only to find out it hit the jackpot...

I would not allow the store to check it.. I would call the office with the bar code numbers to check to see if it was a winner..

I wouldn't shop there anymore..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44