Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a lotto-card (looks like a credit card but for lottery purposes)

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by MillionsWanted.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2007, 6:30 am - IP Logged

a lotto-card (looks like a credit card but a card for lottery purposes)

what this card would do is keep up with all your lottery tickets you buy but the purchases are recorded on the card that way there is no need for tickets or cash as both are on the card. good idea?

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1272 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2007, 7:26 am - IP Logged

We got something close to this is Norway. It's a SMART card which is able to keep your favorite lottery numbers. Not sure how many lines it can keep, 10 or 20 lines I think. It also holds your name, address and bank account number. It's a debit card in practice since you have to put money into the card account. 

You can keep up to NOK 10,000($US 1,600) on the card available to use to pay for your plays. If you win more than $1,600 the win will go straight into your bank account after 2-3 days. If you win less than $1,600 the money will go into the account belonging to the SMART card and the money can be used to pay for future plays. You can of course use the card also while paying cash for playing. This way your play is registered and any wins will go into the card account or your bank account.

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2007, 7:54 am - IP Logged

We got something close to this is Norway. It's a SMART card which is able to keep your favorite lottery numbers. Not sure how many lines it can keep, 10 or 20 lines I think. It also holds your name, address and bank account number. It's a debit card in practice since you have to put money into the card account. 

You can keep up to NOK 10,000($US 1,600) on the card available to use to pay for your plays. If you win more than $1,600 the win will go straight into your bank account after 2-3 days. If you win less than $1,600 the money will go into the account belonging to the SMART card and the money can be used to pay for future plays. You can of course use the card also while paying cash for playing. This way your play is registered and any wins will go into the card account or your bank account.

Great idea.

I have been on the bandwagon about having documentation of lottery purchases in your name.

Millions and millions of dollars go unclaimed in the U.S. because of lost tickets or whatever reason they are not claimed.

If the state lotteries had this you have proof of purchase automaticly. I also would want the play ticket when purchased also.

Would also be nice to be able to take care of funding of the card at your bank.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

i agree jap69.those tickets get lost as where if you have it on a card and you hear something about an unclaimed jackpot then who knows it could be on someone card and they might not know it but still have a chance to check and see.......

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20117 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2007, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a great idea, only too bad the U.S. does'nt have this. As Jap (john) had said it would put an end to unclaimed tickets therefor the States would'nt get the windfall (oops) did I say that? I wish they would push for a proposistion like that in N.J....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1272 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2007, 3:46 am - IP Logged

Another feature I forgot to mention was that you can use a SMART card reader connected to your PC and connect directly to the lottery company and deliver your play that way. It's also possible to send over lines created by lottery software in a special format.

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
              GA
              United States
              Member #33582
              February 22, 2006
              1026 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2007, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Hmmm Interesting. But if I win less that $1600 what if I don't want it back on the SMART card? What if I want it cash and don't want to use my money for future plays at that time? 

My NUMBER FELL!!!
              Custom Smiley 

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2007, 7:20 am - IP Logged

Hmmm Interesting. But if I win less that $1600 what if I don't want it back on the SMART card? What if I want it cash and don't want to use my money for future plays at that time? 

Just go to a store which sells lottery tickets and use your card almost as an ATM card and widthdraw any money you need. But it's not an ATM terminal, you will be serviced by the store clerk who will give you your money.

An other way is to log on to the lottery company via internet using a smart card reader and get the money transfered to your ordinary bank account.

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                  GA
                  United States
                  Member #33582
                  February 22, 2006
                  1026 Posts
                  Posted: May 21, 2007, 8:02 am - IP Logged

Just go to a store which sells lottery tickets and use your card almost as an ATM card and widthdraw any money you need. But it's not an ATM terminal, you will be serviced by the store clerk who will give you your money.

An other way is to log on to the lottery company via internet using a smart card reader and get the money transfered to your ordinary bank account.

Oh okay cool. I get it now. That sounds like a good idea.

My NUMBER FELL!!!
                  Custom Smiley 

lacie's avatar - radar
                    jacksonville, fl.
                    United States
                    Member #19655
                    August 3, 2005
                    133 Posts
                    Posted: May 21, 2007, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Oh okay cool. I get it now. That sounds like a good idea.

Do you need a pin number to activate the card? other wise if it was lost or stolen some one would be smiling all the way to your bank

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1272 Posts
                      Posted: May 21, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

There's a four number pin code you must punch in on the terminal whenever you use any money on the card, so the money if there's any, will be safe.