Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Number skip o phobia

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Do you suffer from this?

Yes indeed [ 14 ]  [46.67%]
I used to [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I don't play the same numbers [ 6 ]  [20.00%]
If you're going to hit, the numbers don't matter [ 3 ]  [10.00%]
quick Picks Quick Picks Quick Pics [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
MY NUMBERS ARE DUE! [ 6 ]  [20.00%]
Other- 'splain, Lucy [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2007, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Do you suffer from "number skipophobia", that is if you skip playing numbers you always play, they will be sure to hit?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I've been playing the same numbers since I moved to a PB state in 1993.  I've only missed 1 or 2 drawings, back before they had multi-draw slips.  My numbers are due!!!!

Ialsoplayquickpicksthisdangthingquitspaceingdangit.

United States
      Member #50124
      February 26, 2007
      601 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Let's see if it works now.  Yep it's spacing again.  Anyone know what causes it to quit allowing spaces?  It's happened several times now.

Anywho, I also play quickpicks, but I make sure not to memorize the numbers so I won't feel bad-if-they-com-up-in-future-draws.--It-quit-spacing-again.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19813 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Not now, facts have cured me.  The odds of my numbers hitting when I don't play are the same as when I do play.  Last night when I played MegaMillions, one of my three bet slips wouldn't run because a megaball wasn't marked, I decided not to play that slip and saved $5.  I did hit the megaball on one of the other two slips I played so the results were the same, I lost $8 instead of $13.  If I hadn't played my numbers all year, I would have saved a lot of money but you got to be in the game to win so I keep playing just in case but I don't sweat missing a game once in while.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

2 of your choices are similar, so I checked "yes" but the "my numbers are due" is also one reason I won't stop.  I agree with RJOh.. facts SHOULD cure me, but they haven't.  2 of my combinations are identical except for 1 number, so that's really a waste of money.  However, what if I decide to change it and I even get 5 out of 6?  In Florida that's $5,000.  So I am destined (or doomed) to play these numbers forever.  I just hope they're not the ones that are drawn during the pre-tests. 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't play the same numbers :-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

i voted yes i fear it because i have to have my same 5+1 in every powerball and megamillions jackpot drawing and i will also get quick picks to go along with it but if i cant play my 5+1 i wont play any numbers and i wont check the results because i dont want to see if i missed out on my jackpot...

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                Member #28409
                December 15, 2005
                1198 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I think it is a cardinal rule of powerball and mega millions, lol.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring

"2 of my combinations are identical except for 1 number, so that's really a waste of money."

Not if either one of them hits it isn't, not at all.

LuckyLilly

It's doing that spacing thing to me too, likethisIknow what you mean.

So waht I do is type, hit enter, type it double spaced, then go back and back space.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                    Member #50124
                    February 26, 2007
                    601 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring

"2 of my combinations are identical except for 1 number, so that's really a waste of money."

Not if either one of them hits it isn't, not at all.

LuckyLilly

It's doing that spacing thing to me too, likethisIknow what you mean.

So waht I do is type, hit enter, type it double spaced, then go back and back space.

Thanks, good to know how to fix it without starting a new post.  Do you use FireFox too?

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10344 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2007, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Ah, maybe that's it! Yes, I use Firefox too.

Lep

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3471 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2007, 2:42 am - IP Logged

I had a spacing issue a few days back, too. I'd type a space, the cursor would move right, and then jump back. It was only doing it at the end of a line, so I just typed the period and then continued working to the left of the period. I've also run into issues with deleting text, which also seem to be dependent on the position of characters. Sometimes the backspace key wouldn't delete the previous character, and sometimes the delete key wouldn't delete the next character. Sometimes the delete key also wouldn't delete a block of selected text, but I could always cut it with CNTRL X.

I'm using Netscape 7.2 with XP, but I'm not sure the browser platform has anything to do with it. The text editor for posting uses an "I" to make selected text bold, a "U" for italics and "ABC" with a line through it for underlined text, a "T" with a small colored grid for strikethrough, and x with a superscript 2 for subscript, and a undo arrow for superscript.Based on that  I'm assuming that any issues I encounter are  simply a quirk in the text editor.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2007, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

The odds change when you stop playing a number they go from whatever to 50/50. I've been burned more than a couple of times on the P4s,  but lately it is One-offiitis big time! No Pity!

As far as the text editing problems goes my Delete key didn't work this morning but it works now, it may have something to do with the changes Todd has been making.

Sun Smiley