Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does everyone need H D T V before 2009?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by delores247.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
482 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2007, 4:07 pm - IP Logged
Does everyone need HDTV before 2009?

I read somewhere on the Internet that most current TVs won't even work in late 2008, and that all TVs will have to be HDTV later on. Is that true?

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2007, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I've read also that tv will no longer be analog,it will go all digital,so you will need a converter box that will cost around $50 just to watch regular tv. That is,unless you have satellite or cable tv then you'll still be able to watch.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
      Member #567
      August 14, 2002
      482 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2007, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Another thing,

I don't plan to buy an HDTV until late 2008, but someone I know keeps trying to persuade me to buy an HDTV soon, even though HE is the one who REALLY needs a new television set RIGHT NOW, because his current TV (which is a regular TV) keeps getting those "snow scatters" on the TV whenever we watch his TV.  His TV is like TEN years old, so you would think that he would have bought a new one.  My current TV is in good condition, and I am not in a hurry to buy one..... So WHY is it so important for him that I get an HDTV soon when HE is the one who needs a new TV right now? Why doesn't he just replace his old TV? Thank you in advance for your response.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
        Member #9517
        December 10, 2004
        1272 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2007, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Another thing,

I don't plan to buy an HDTV until late 2008, but someone I know keeps trying to persuade me to buy an HDTV soon, even though HE is the one who REALLY needs a new television set RIGHT NOW, because his current TV (which is a regular TV) keeps getting those "snow scatters" on the TV whenever we watch his TV.  His TV is like TEN years old, so you would think that he would have bought a new one.  My current TV is in good condition, and I am not in a hurry to buy one..... So WHY is it so important for him that I get an HDTV soon when HE is the one who needs a new TV right now? Why doesn't he just replace his old TV? Thank you in advance for your response.

It's important for him because he wants to visit you all the time and watch HDTV. Much cheaper for him.

He will of course wait with buying a HDTV until the HDTV's has become cheaper and will have a much better picture quality than your HDTV will have.

Amarillo/Austin
          United States
          Member #1424
          April 25, 2003
          696 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2007, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

By 2009 the price of gas will be over $5 per gallon and no one will be able to afford cable TV.  Any surplus money will go into their gas tank!

Orangeman                No Pity!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2007, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

It's important for him because he wants to visit you all the time and watch HDTV. Much cheaper for him.

He will of course wait with buying a HDTV until the HDTV's has become cheaper and will have a much better picture quality than your HDTV will have.

HA!  Good one...you're probably right.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

By 2009 the price of gas will be over $5 per gallon and no one will be able to afford cable TV.  Any surplus money will go into their gas tank!

Orangeman                No Pity!

Orangeman,

I don't think we'll have to wait till 2009 for the $5 mark.  It rose .20 in the last week.  $3.65 around here.  What?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                Member #19043
                July 24, 2005
                7378 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2007, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Orangeman,

I don't think we'll have to wait till 2009 for the $5 mark.  It rose .20 in the last week.  $3.65 around here.  What?

I agree Rick,i notice the price of gas rising a few days ago here  in Texas ,i hate to say this but when the price of fuel goes up so does everything else,i now hate the grocery story,i noticed the prices of meat just today ,i was shocked to see a single steak i mean for 1 person priced at 12 bucks and a small Roast for 17 dollars

I have cable service here for the net,tv and phone so i think i am protected if a change occur,they should let us know seeing how i pay this large fee for the service