Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas $50 scratch off

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wxwinner's avatar - moon
TEXAS
United States
Member #52430
May 24, 2007
65 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2007, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I saw in another thread that Texas has a 50 dollar scratch off and was wondering who has bought one? Any big winners? There are several big prizes of 5 million and one million. I am debating on buying for the heck of it but its a lot of money.

Katy,TX
    United States
    Member #52466
    May 26, 2007
    2 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2007, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I've bought 3 tickets and no big win yet. The first time I won my money back ($50), the second time I didn't win anything, and the third time I won $70. I generally don't buy scratch offs over $10, so it's definitely a rush when trying $50, but to be honest I have more fun playing a $5 or $10 bingo scratch off.

wxwinner's avatar - moon
      TEXAS
      United States
      Member #52430
      May 24, 2007
      65 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

There was a constable who won $2000 on the game. I was so mad because I thought about buying one the night he won. Oh well!

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: June 4, 2007, 1:58 am - IP Logged

I don't mean to criticize anyone here, but to those who have purchased this ticket already:

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!?

That's $50 spent on ONE ticket, and if you lose, you have to explain that you lost $50 on a single bet.  And to think there are people out there who will purchase multiple tickets.  What if they don't win any of their money back.  These high-priced games are only there to intice people into spending a ton of money all at once.  It really isn't worth it because you have a slight chance of winning bigger because the ticket price is bigger.  It's like the slot machines.  I'd rather invest $50 into something more worth it, or more $1 powerball tickets.

Katy,TX
          United States
          Member #52466
          May 26, 2007
          2 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2007, 10:36 am - IP Logged

"I'd rather invest $50 into something more worth it, or more $1 powerball tickets. "

I don't consider the lottery to be an investment, but a form of entertainment.

Yes there are people who probably shouldn't even be playing a $1 ticket let alone a $50 one, but who's problem is that?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2007, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I don't mean to criticize anyone here, but to those who have purchased this ticket already:

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!?

That's $50 spent on ONE ticket, and if you lose, you have to explain that you lost $50 on a single bet.  And to think there are people out there who will purchase multiple tickets.  What if they don't win any of their money back.  These high-priced games are only there to intice people into spending a ton of money all at once.  It really isn't worth it because you have a slight chance of winning bigger because the ticket price is bigger.  It's like the slot machines.  I'd rather invest $50 into something more worth it, or more $1 powerball tickets.

"That's $50 spent on ONE ticket, and if you lose, you have to explain that you lost $50 on a single bet."

I have a policy, I don't explain my gambling losses to anyone and I don't expect anyone else to explain their gambling losses to me. 

Maybe if I had a hard working spouse supporting me or a family too young to support themselves depending on me I would feel differently.

Buying lotteries tickets may be a waste of money, but I see people happily wasting their money on booze and cigarettes just as much and no one says a thing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking