Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the real heartbreakers when playing for the jackpot

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2007, 7:12 am - IP Logged

i think these are the real heartbreakers when if you had drew a 13 instead of a 12 you'd have a jackpot.can't get any more closer........

LOTTOMIKEMinnesotaNorthstar Cash4 of 504-13-18-23-2804-12-18-23-28

United States
    Member #10438
    January 13, 2005
    431 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2007, 8:03 am - IP Logged

lol  yea    5-6-14-42-47=8 played --- 5-6-14-42-46=3  came out  mega mill once instead of 100k+  i get 150$  ouch

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2007, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Thus my sig below:

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2007, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Thus my sig below:

that's right....

Getting close will make the challenge more interesting...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Gurnee, Illinois
          United States
          Member #49731
          February 12, 2007
          917 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2007, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I feel your pain Lottomike.  I have had a few close encounters with winning the jackpot, but I would say that anyone who buys a lottery ticket is playing to win the jackpot and it perhaps hurts just as much when the winning numbers are numbers one had played a few draws before and decided to change up or even had written the exact number sequence down and for whatever reason did not play that particular line.  If it were a QP, I would just be happy that I matched so many as nothing you did or did not do could have made a difference...which is why I play QP's now so that I can keep my sanity!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2007, 6:56 am - IP Logged
            LOTTOMIKEMinnesotaNorthstar Cash4 of 504-15-19-25-2804-15-19-27-28$150

whats up with minnesota.i keep getting denied......

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:49 am - IP Logged

maybe getting all 6 numbers on ya regular game then realizing u nevere bought a ticket, now that would be hgeart break

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

that's right....

Getting close will make the challenge more interesting...

So just what is "close"? The machine draws balls, not numbers, so how do you know when you were close?

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                  Member #15309
                  May 13, 2005
                  307 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2007, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Change the numbers to images, and "close" will not come to play.  Either you won, or you did not.

Sun Smiley             

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

So just what is "close"? The machine draws balls, not numbers, so how do you know when you were close?

There is no close. You get what you get.

Gonna win.Big Smile

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if it is just me but unless I have a "live" ticket in my hand checking it after the draw, I cannot even begin to feel close to anything having to do with lottery.

IMHO a "heartbreaker" would be more like losing a winning ticket or not playing with real money on a real game a regular number or set of numbers that hit. 

The prediction board is great for practice or bragging rights but I can't put my arms around that much pretend, of course this is for the case of "posting numbers" without actually playing.  I mean to seriously predict, takes me time,  too much time, I spend enough on the posts like this one, when I should be working on actually played games.

Which brings me to another point, since I post on the challenges, I actually play some of the numbers posted but not all because that would be like 764 X 4 tickets = 3056 tix.  But the time spent coming up with Pball and Mega numbers to play is easily transferred to the challenge.  Also the challenges allow for quick comparison with other players who play the same game to see if we are thinking in the same directions without collaboration. It is sometimes uncanny how close some of the picks are and how far apart they can get. So tonight PBall is $103,000,000 give or take a dollar or two, are you in? I am.

LOL jarasan Rant

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2007, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

I've never had a "heartbreaker" even when I matched 5of6 in the Ohio 649+1 game a few years back for $1500. A couple months ago I matched 4of5+0 in MegaMillions and I was happy to win the $150.  Sure it would have been nice to have that missing number and won a jackpot of $12M in the 649 game or $250K in the MM game, but in both cases, a lot of people played and only a few did better.  If I was only one number off from winning it all every time I played I would be happy.  And if I was doing that good on the prediction board you can bet I would be playing those numbers in the real lottery.

When I predict on the prediction board I spend as much as I would if I was really playing because most time I'm playing those numbers and when I'm not I'm testing something I'm planning to try in the real lottery.  Posting them on the prediction board commits me to a decision before the drawing so I don't fool myself into thinking I would have picked the winning numbers had I actually played. 

In our mind we are always picking winners, posting them on the prediction board is an affordable way to affirm if what we think is true.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Not a heartbreaker but close:

bm5 tonight

Actually, more "luck" than close or heartbreak tonight. LOL jarasan

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2007, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Not a heartbreaker but close:

bm5 tonight

Actually, more "luck" than close or heartbreak tonight. LOL jarasan

Congratulation on a real win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged
                              LOTTOMIKEMinnesotaNorthstar Cash4 of 504-15-19-25-2804-15-19-27-28$150

whats up with minnesota.i keep getting denied......

It's a computer draw state, Mikey. They're watching you. Oogle

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.