Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ishan Khan waited for 10 years. I can't do that.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ambelamba.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Ishan Khan, one of the most famous Powerball winner had a dream ten years before he won a Powerball jackpot. He had a dream of precious gemstones and a huge crowd of people talking to him, with numbers showing: 2, 4, 6, 17, 25 and powerball 31. 

Khan played the lottery with that number for ten years and eventually won.

But I can't wait for ten years. :(

Instead of some dead relatives, it was James Spader and Dan Castellaneta who gave me the numbers, including the mega number 6.

I hope I won't have to wait for more than seven months.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2007, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

You can never put a time limit on "when you're going to win the lottery" because chances are you never will. I'm not trying to be a downer but when I read that "you hope you won't have to wait for more then seven months" I feel your expectations are awfully high and in the long run are setting yourself up to be disappointed. Do yourself a favor and try some of the smaller games,Pick 3 or 4. The odds are way more in your favor.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19894 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2007, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

" Ishan Khan, one of the most famous Powerball winner"

? Never heard of him.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7713 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

? Never heard of him.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/130447

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5587 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2007, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

The ticket was bought at the Exxon at Key Bridge on the D.C. side, I used to buy gas, lottery, at the C-store, the owner got like 100k and gave everybody who worked there a nice bonus.  Everybody was abuzz when he hit, wondering who he was. It wasn't a quick pick.  But shortly before or after I don't remember, but a lawyer hit downtown for like $20M and everybody was  peeved a lawyer that played on whim hit on a QP.  Oh well. Bottom line is you gotta play to win.

Entertaiment Capital
            United States
            Member #37800
            April 19, 2006
            302 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2007, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Ooop, it's Ihsan Khan.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2007, 2:18 am - IP Logged

Does that mean Jack dreamt of sleazy strippers holding the numbers?

I've been playing since the eighties and haven't won yet. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I'm just hoping to win before I am eighty. Before fifty would be better still. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2007, 10:37 am - IP Logged

? Never heard of him.

I've heard of Jack Whittaker

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/156886.htm

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

We all want to win a large jackpot, Ambelamba. Some of us have been playing lottery games for over 30 years and have yet to win a jackpot.  As Lottolaughs wrote, you might be setting yourself up for a big disappointment. 

On a lottery board this might be something you don't expect to read, but the odds of winning a PB jackpot are very, very slim.  This doesn't mean you won't ever win, but if you use the same odds and apply them to almost anything else in life, you can see the logic.  After all, if you knew that the chances of getting into a accident, robbed, murdered or being afflicted with a particular disease were 1 in 146 million, that would be fantastic news, right?  With a total estimated population of 301 million people, that would mean only 2 people in the entire country would ever get hurt or sick!  

Just keep playing and your chance might come, but don't dwell on it.

Entertaiment Capital
                    United States
                    Member #37800
                    April 19, 2006
                    302 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2007, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

We all want to win a large jackpot, Ambelamba. Some of us have been playing lottery games for over 30 years and have yet to win a jackpot.  As Lottolaughs wrote, you might be setting yourself up for a big disappointment. 

On a lottery board this might be something you don't expect to read, but the odds of winning a PB jackpot are very, very slim.  This doesn't mean you won't ever win, but if you use the same odds and apply them to almost anything else in life, you can see the logic.  After all, if you knew that the chances of getting into a accident, robbed, murdered or being afflicted with a particular disease were 1 in 146 million, that would be fantastic news, right?  With a total estimated population of 301 million people, that would mean only 2 people in the entire country would ever get hurt or sick!  

OK, here's the numbers I saw in my dream. :(

10, 11,  21, 29, 39, 6.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19894 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2007, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

OK, here's the numbers I saw in my dream. :(

10, 11,  21, 29, 39, 6.

Now that you've shared your numbers, maybe if you win others will too same as the time all those  people played that fortune cookie number.  Good luck to you all.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19894 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2007, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Do you really think ambelamba is going to be more disappointed then any other lottery player?  He's just investing a dollars on his dream and most lottery players invest a lot more and lose.  He's only going to lose $105 a year and there are many lottery players, some on this board that lose ten times that much every year chasing a similar dream.

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Do you really think ambelamba is going to be more disappointed then any other lottery player?  He's just investing a dollars on his dream and most lottery players invest a lot more and lose.  He's only going to lose $105 a year and there are many lottery players, some on this board that lose ten times that much every year chasing a similar dream.

I wasn't responding to the fact that ambelamba wants to win a jackpot.  If that were true, I'd be a hypocrite, because at least twice a week I close my eyes and say "please, oh please, oh, please" before I check my numbers.

I was responding to the Subject of the topic.  It clearly says "I can't wait that long."  Then he/she goes on to say a win is needed within the next 7 months.

So, that is why I posted my previous comment.  The subject matter seemed to indicate that a lottery win in the near future is a necessity and something that he expects to win. 

I wrote:  "Just keep playing and your chance might come, but don't dwell on it."

So I don't see where I was discouraging anyone from buying tickets for a shot at a jackpot.  (BTW, I spend much more than $105 a year.)  I was only showing concern for the sense of urgency I detected reading the subject & related comment.  In fact, I totally relate to someone who feels "I have to win" although I know it's not a realistic or healthful way to think.

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7713 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2007, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

"Lottolaughs waited for 20 years. I guess I CAN do that."  The lottery gave me no choice! LOL

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                              Member #15309
                              May 13, 2005
                              307 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2007, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I've heard of Jack Whittaker

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/156886.htm

LOL

Sun Smiley