Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Delaware Advertises Anonymous Winners Policy

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I have heard several radio ads and seen a billboard for the Delaware Lottery advertising how "if you win, we won't tell anyone". This is the first time I've seen this approach to marketing the lottery. It does make me wonder if they are missing the point that offering small prizes with lousy odds using a questionable drawing method sends players across the border.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2007, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I have heard several radio ads and seen a billboard for the Delaware Lottery advertising how "if you win, we won't tell anyone". This is the first time I've seen this approach to marketing the lottery. It does make me wonder if they are missing the point that offering small prizes with lousy odds using a questionable drawing method sends players across the border.

Interesting!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dover delaware
      United States
      Member #4466
      April 26, 2004
      1195 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2007, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

todd  i am from delaware and the point with delaware is that they wont tell anyone you win is cause you cant win...they cheat so badly im thinking og quitting altogether or go to maryland next door  lesonook

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2007, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

todd  i am from delaware and the point with delaware is that they wont tell anyone you win is cause you cant win...they cheat so badly im thinking og quitting altogether or go to maryland next door  lesonook

That's not entirely true. I had a friend win $10,000 before, and he is not an insider by any stretch of the imagination. People do actually win the Delaware Lottery, but the prizes are low and the odds are high.

That said, as I've stated before on this forum, the only tickets I will buy in Delaware are Powerball tickets. The anonymous winners deal would be great for a Powerball jackpot winner. I won't waste my money on the in-state lotto game, scratch offs, or the slots.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

That's what computerized drawings will do for ya....

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11339 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2007, 1:29 am - IP Logged

i would quit playing the lottery here in tennessee if they ever tried to go computerized.i hate what you must be going through in delaware with that sort of lottery.

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

i would quit playing the lottery here in tennessee if they ever tried to go computerized.i hate what you must be going through in delaware with that sort of lottery.

Well, I'm really not "going through" anything really. I just don't buy the tickets. Saves me a lot of money in the long run.

I'm down to purchasing two sets of Powerball tickets for 10 drawings at a time, one for me and one for grandma. That's about it. Grandma lost interest in getting tickets from other states so I don't really do that anymore ("If you loose in one state, you loose in them all."). I must admit that going to 3 other states on a regular basis just for tickets was getting a bit old. Her other grandson took over the Mega Millions duty from me since he lives in a MM state so that took a lot of pressure off me too.