Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What If You Lost a $40 Million Dollar Ticket?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by weshar75.

Page 1 of 2
31
PrintE-mailLink

If someone found it and turned it in, would you reward them by:

Hold a press conference, say thanks for honesty [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
Accuse them of trying to steal your ticket [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Dont offer finder reward, they just did their duty [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Offer no reward because you can't spare the money [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Offer the smallest reward that doesn't seem stingy [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
Offer a generous reward of 2 - 5 million [ 16 ]  [47.06%]
Offer to split the ticket 50/50 [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
Research background for drugs/convicts then decide [ 2 ]  [5.88%]
Offer reward after meeting then if you like them [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Offline
Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

We need more room for the poll choices.  It's hard to whittle them down sometimes. 

There's currently a thread on what you'd expect if you found a $40 million dollar lottery ticket.  Let's turn it around and find out what you'd do if you LOST a $40 million dollar ticket.

Edited to Add:  Would your response be different if you had signed the ticket before you lost it, than if you lost it immediately with no indication as to owner?

    Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
    nashville
    United States
    Member #4990
    June 8, 2004
    1376 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

    I would offer a large reward, without background check, If some one turns over a 40,million dollar ticket, I'd say their background speaks volumes about the type of person they are.

      spy153's avatar - maren

      United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

      We need more room for the poll choices.  It's hard to whittle them down sometimes. 

      There's currently a thread on what you'd expect if you found a $40 million dollar lottery ticket.  Let's turn it around and find out what you'd do if you LOST a $40 million dollar ticket.

      Edited to Add:  Would your response be different if you had signed the ticket before you lost it, than if you lost it immediately with no indication as to owner?

      I would give them a huge reward !!!!! Hey, they didn't have to give it back to me. That sort of behavior deserves recognition. Big Smile

      voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

        KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
        Florence, Alabama
        United States
        Member #8658
        November 13, 2004
        1993 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

        I would hold a press conference and give them a reward. I think people need to see that there are still some good honest people out here and not all the negativity that the news always seem to dwell on.

        I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!


          United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

          I picked 2-5 million, because that was the closest choice. I wouldn't give 2-5 million, but probably about 1 million.

           If the person never returned it to me, I wouldn't have anything at all.

            weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3052 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: June 4, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

            When I go to spend money in the store on lottery products.  I always do my research online through the Oregon Lottery website so I know about the games I am putting my money on.  My online tickets always go into my wallet and I carry my scratch-its into the house and usually scratch them right away.  It takes little effort for me to keep track of my lottery tickets.  Their is a 99% chance that I will never lose a ticket the rest of my life.  The 1% is for someone trying to steal my lucky ticket so they can go buy a crabby patty.-weshar75 

              justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: June 4, 2007, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

              I'd probably drop dead before I could do anything.

               But of course I'd offer a reward.  I have no idea what I'd give the person.  $2 million sounds fair.  That's what I said I'd want on the other poll if I found a winning ticket.  Now of course we have to discuss taxes, etc.  LOL 

                Avatar
                Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: June 4, 2007, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

                If I had signed it and lost it and had the good luck of someone finding it and contacting me, then I would split it with them . Half the pie is better than none of it.

                 

                                               

                              

                 

                 

                  hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

                  United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2659 Posts
                  Offline
                  Posted: June 4, 2007, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

                  Blue Thinking I'd offer them a quick $500,000

                    guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

                    United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Offline
                    Posted: June 4, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

                    I choose option 10).

                     

                    A reward based on a percentage of the amount won, probably 10%.

                     

                    (There is no option 10) 

                      guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

                      United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Offline
                      Posted: June 4, 2007, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

                      When I go to spend money in the store on lottery products.  I always do my research online through the Oregon Lottery website so I know about the games I am putting my money on.  My online tickets always go into my wallet and I carry my scratch-its into the house and usually scratch them right away.  It takes little effort for me to keep track of my lottery tickets.  Their is a 99% chance that I will never lose a ticket the rest of my life.  The 1% is for someone trying to steal my lucky ticket so they can go buy a crabby patty.-weshar75 

                      With that attitude, you will NEVER win the lottery.

                      Now let's see if I reverse-jinxed you. 

                        Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1954 Posts
                        Offline
                        Posted: June 4, 2007, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

                        When I go to spend money in the store on lottery products.  I always do my research online through the Oregon Lottery website so I know about the games I am putting my money on.  My online tickets always go into my wallet and I carry my scratch-its into the house and usually scratch them right away.  It takes little effort for me to keep track of my lottery tickets.  Their is a 99% chance that I will never lose a ticket the rest of my life.  The 1% is for someone trying to steal my lucky ticket so they can go buy a crabby patty.-weshar75 

                        So, they mail you the tickets you bought online?

                        Gonna win.Big Smile

                          justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Offline
                          Posted: June 5, 2007, 3:01 am - IP Logged

                          So, they mail you the tickets you bought online?

                          I don't think Weshar meant he buys tickets on the internet.  I read his post to mean he buys tickets for online games (meaning the games printed by the computer terminal, which are called online games) at the store and puts them into his wallet until he gets home and does all his checking on the internet, so there's little to no chance of losing one.

                            Avatar
                            china
                            United States
                            Member #50326
                            March 3, 2007
                            33 Posts
                            Offline
                            Posted: June 5, 2007, 7:53 am - IP Logged

                            I would split it 50/50.

                              Raven62's avatar - binary
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              49808 Posts
                              Offline
                              Posted: June 5, 2007, 8:30 am - IP Logged

                              The Moral to this Story is Don't Lose Your Ticket!

                              It could Cost You Millions!

                              A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!