Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tired Of Balls?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2007, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, of course not. But just in case you are, a company has come up with machine that draws cards instead of balls.

Check it out here.

You can also see a video of it in action here (.wmv format).

(insert signature here)

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2007, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Call me old fashioned, but I like the balls better.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

call me old fashioned too but i'm a slave to the balls......

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: June 6, 2007, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, of course not. But just in case you are, a company has come up with machine that draws cards instead of balls.

Check it out here.

Fascinating.  There is something alluring about it, in that it is truly different.  I think the biggest negative for me is that there are many "mis-draws", which make it seem that one card will be drawn, when in fact that card falls away and is replaced by another.  I can see where people would be upset if their number falls away.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2007, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Fascinating.  There is something alluring about it, in that it is truly different.  I think the biggest negative for me is that there are many "mis-draws", which make it seem that one card will be drawn, when in fact that card falls away and is replaced by another.  I can see where people would be upset if their number falls away.

Assuming it was shown in real time, it took over a minute for the first 3 cards to fall. Using the ball type machines, most lotteries draw Pick-3, Pick-4, Pick-5, and lotto in less than a minute.

But I still have to agree it is pretty neat.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2007, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

What happened? Did the French run out of balls?....LOL

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2007, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Check it out here.

You do know that if they were to use that cards lotto machine that there will be easier to win than the balls machine called a hopper...The cards lotto machine will present are more EVIDENT pattern and/or trend (s) in the numbers it plays...Also if they were going to use the cards lotto machine they will have to do more pre-test than they are doing now because the mechanism that grips the lotto cards, doesn't look like the kind that it will always work flawlessly...Because the cards are wider and taller than a bouncing lotto balls they will have less room to collide, in fact a lot of less room to collide and you will see more numbers/cards that appeared previously repeat more often...

If they were going to go ahead with a lotto cards machine i suggest they use a machine that looks like a squared gumball candy machine...Here is a picture: http://www.gumballs.com/triple-proline.html

Here is a picture of another squared gumball candy machine: http://www.gumballs.com/trcacacoma.html

And because the walls would be squared & flat the balls will collide with the walls more often, and then collide with other balls more often...The squared gumball candy machine looking lotto machine will make the bouncing lotto balls have less room to collide with other balls or with the balls, and you thus will see more numbers that previously played before repeat more often...Also a cylindrical gumball candy machine looking lotto machine will do the same trick as a square-gumball-candy- machine-looking-hopper...Now only this but if they want to experiment with the hopper leaving patterns behind they could always make the bouncing lotto balls bigger...And a suggestion you can always simulate it on a computer using a computer program....

Of course this is providing they kept the same dimensions as the hopper they are using now or as the gumball candy machines......

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"......"