Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second Chance Lotteries

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #52737
June 6, 2007
12 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2007, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Although there are many second chance lottery drawings for ticket holders that did not win, many involve a mail in of 5 or more tickets that are re drawn in a lottery and another individual is picked on a certai time and date then the tickets are discarded. some states have had huge responses and actually collected tons of lottery tickets in large 30 yard containers only to be collected and sent off to be recycled. great cause since lottery ickets become litter and cause a mess. i ran across a 2nd chance system that actually posts numbers evry night your state has a drawing after the actual state lottery drawing. you can take your losing lottery ticket and if any of the numbers on your losing lotery ticket match you collect points. those points can then be accumulated and redeemed for an actual cash gift certifiacte to any of your favorite local or national stores. so basically you save your losing ticket wait for this second drawing match any number and collect points. Tickets can have one or six matching numbers the more numbers on one ticket the more points six numbers is an instant winner. Cool Stuff was wondering if anyone ever saw this before. 

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2007, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I've never heard of it before, but I do think it's an excellent idea. My parking lot at the store I work at is usually "littered" with losing tickets. This would greatly reduce that problem, and stimulate more interest, thereby probably increasing sales (just my opinion of course).

new york
      United States
      Member #52737
      June 6, 2007
      12 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2007, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

So true, lottery has been a major source of litter in the cities like New York where there is a lottery machine on almost every corner. This game is free, sign up is easy; name, email, password and zip. depending on how much lottery you play on a weekly basis points accumulate fast and can be redeemed once you reach certain levels. first level is a 25$ gift top level is 5000. $ so why throw tickets in the garbage!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: June 6, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

in tennessee they have a second chance drawing but you enter the scratch off ticket numbers online and then they instruct you to throw away the ticket yourself because the ticket has been confirmed. they have not announced a drawing date for the prizes.