Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how many lottery tickets a week

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by candirucan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #52737
June 6, 2007
12 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2007, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

i buy about 50 -60 dollars in lottery and powerball tickets a week. I have never been in a lottery forum like this is that an absurd amount or do some of you make that number look small ! i have friends who drop 100-150$ a day on daily numbers that is win lose or draw but they hit frequently and play the same pick three and pick 4 numbers religiously

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2007, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Hi spongebob! I would say that 50-60 is probably about the average for most folks. I usually drop $8/night on my pick - or $56/week, although I choose new numbers each night. I do however know people who don't think twice about dropping $60/night on their picks, whether it be PB or Pick-3, or cash-5 here in Oklahoma.

new york
      United States
      Member #52737
      June 6, 2007
      12 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2007, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Hey thx Shawn i thought i was normal 8-10 a game is my norm unless the Mega pot is into the 9 digits then i play a little harder.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2007, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

It depends on your income and what % of that you're willing to spend on something like lotto.

A generic answer to a question like this is when you question how much you're spending on something or how much time you're giving something,  you've just answered your own question.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Gurnee, Illinois
          United States
          Member #49731
          February 12, 2007
          917 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2007, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Since buying multiple tickets for the same draw will only imperceptably improve one's chance of winning, I now typically only buy one play per draw (multi draw so that QP remains the same for the duration of that play which is the only thing I vary).  Of course, if the QP looks ridculous (i.e. 1, 2, 4, 5, 54 PB/MB 40), I will sometimes buy one additional QP for that draw only.  That is why I like playing PB in Indiana since I do have the option of choosing a few of the numbers and let the computer select the others.  I also try to make sure I have a draw for every draw in all the big jackpot games and the pick 6 lotto games in the states I live in and visit with frequency (IL, IN, WI).  So I spend at least $11 on lottery each week.  Now that amount will likely increase as I get the opportunity to also play other additional state lotteries with my travels.  But I realize that it takes just a single dollar lottery ticket to be able to win...guess no one can say I have a gambling problem!!!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

My spending varies.  It depends on how much money I have and how much I win.  I play mostly instant games ($5) and I win a good bit of the time.  With those winnings I try to save some if it's a win over $20; however, if it's lower I spend them on more tickets e.i. Lotto 5 or powerball.  I usually spend $20 a week.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7322 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2007, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Hey thx Shawn i thought i was normal 8-10 a game is my norm unless the Mega pot is into the 9 digits then i play a little harder.

I play Pick-4 mostly and spend about the same. The problem I have is when Rolling Cash 5 gets over $200 grand or that costs me an extra $5 or $10. I've been known to spend extra when Mega Millions gets up there too.

new york
                United States
                Member #52737
                June 6, 2007
                12 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2007, 9:17 am - IP Logged

glad to see that we all seem to have the same or about the same spending habits thats what i thought many times the big Mega is my demise as it is the big kahuna we all want after all. thx for all the great responses have a great day all.

new york
                  United States
                  Member #52737
                  June 6, 2007
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2007, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I live on the New York Connecticut border so i get two completely different powerball and  lotteries all week.

Eugene
                    United States
                    Member #52784
                    June 8, 2007
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2007, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

*sigh* I purchase a $1 ticket for each drawing. The fact is, that someone who spends $1000 each drawing really has no better chances of winning the jackpot than I do.  $2 Dollars max a week. Anything more than that is just a fools tax.