Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: What percentage of your income do you spend on lotto?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What percentage of what you make goes to lotto?

Never figured it out [ 14 ]  [25.93%]
1-4% [ 17 ]  [31.48%]
5-10% [ 10 ]  [18.52%]
Dang, never realized it's that much [ 6 ]  [11.11%]
I'm not saying [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
McKinney/Texas
United States
Member #47363
November 1, 2006
706 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2007, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

A whopping 32%!!

Ephesians 3:20

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2007, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

A whopping 32%!!

hennybogan

Would you consider posting that here:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/154081/816329?q=You+might+be+a+Lotto+nut+if

PS

Somebody caption that picture! Something to do with "a whopping 32%" and the results of a drawing on TV!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2007, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

A whopping 32%!!

Is that before or after taxes?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

way too much I'm afraid...

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
          Member #28409
          December 15, 2005
          1198 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2007, 8:33 am - IP Logged

When I am just playing the powerball, it's 0.68% (not even a whole percent).

This month adding Cash5 and Match6, I am at around 2.45%

In sharp contrast, I spend 6.5% in gas to get me back and forth to work.

That's what I'm talking about, right there.   I hate these gas prices. They are chomping away at my fun. I am already stuck home for the Fourth of July because of it. My vacation is all I have other than the lottery and my dreams. I don't drink, smoke, or gamble on anything else. And, after realizing that I spend way too much on powerball and mega millions, I had no choice but to cut back on that. (If for no other reason than plain decency to my family considering gas prices.) Oh, goodness, there I go again on my rants about gas prices. Forgive me ya'll. But it really isn't the same here anymore. In my town, people have stopped going out to eat. (I know, 'good, we'll all lose weight' right?) No one is buying anything at the movies either. It only costs one dollar at our theatre to see a movie anytime of day or night., but the consessions will run upwards of $30 for my family to get popcorn and a pop. So, like everyone else, we have had to cut that out too. Now we rent dvds or wait until there is a movie we just have to see. If this keeps up, the entire town will go out of business. I have noticed our mall losing contracts because stores have gone out of business. No one is buying anything. They just can't afford it. It is almost like a ghost town here., except the utilities companies and grocery stores.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Westerose
            Canada
            Member #52915
            June 15, 2007
            189 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2007, 3:31 am - IP Logged

Ever worked it out?

No I haven't but I can tell you it's not even 1%.....  few bucks a week maybe 15 to 20 when there is a big jackpot.  Wife buys 2 (1 per draw) 6/49 tickets regardless of the jackpot and I only play Super 7 and 6/49 when they get over 15 Million. Then when visiting the states I get PB and MM. If the Jackpots are Big.

I know the minimum I want to win. So why should I bother playing when it's under that.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
              Member #15309
              May 13, 2005
              307 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2007, 3:01 am - IP Logged

When I started playing Megamillions and CA Super Lotto, I allotted 100 dollars a month or about 1200-1500 a year.  Last year, I reduced that to 600 a year.  Now, I only play 2 dollars per draw or about 400 a year.

Sun Smiley             

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                Washington State
                United States
                Member #33973
                February 26, 2006
                347 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2007, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

While it varies a great deal from month to month since I now play only when the jackpot is bigger and buy more tickets if it gets really large, on an annual basis I try to keep the total to just around 1%.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I would say about 95 %. 

I spend about 200 bucks a day. Unless of course I think that a p-3 is gonna hit for sure, then I up it to about 250 a day.

And always play the same set, so the payoff would be a good one.

This is why I'm 3 years behind in rent. I hardly eat or drink, and also behind in my car payments for 6 years now. But when I hit, I'll be able to pay off all my debts, thank God.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I have not been playing a lot of pick 3's this month. With the two businesses, I am busy with inventory and paper work.    When I do play, I am still playing off 5ds money.  Nothing out of my purse.. or purses..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2007, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

35 dollars or so used to fill my 1997 chevy astro van up.now i don't have any extra spending money because my utility bill went up 100 bucks and i filled my tank up the other day and it took 55 bucks.what in the hell is going on with the skyrocketing prices?