Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

unique system

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tedthelion's avatar - Lottery-055.jpg
ypsilanti, michigan
United States
Member #52744
June 6, 2007
22 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

i know that everyone has a system or software to select their numbers.  but i read about a bunch of university professors and staff over in europe somewhere started playing and how they select their numbers was a little different. this was a 6/49 game. all 49 numbers were written on pieces of paper and placed in one box. each person in turn picked out six numbers, until eight lines were filled. the remaining number was used to start a new line and numbers from the second box. in all they play all 49 numbers. have anyone here heard of this system and have you used it? have you won any money with it? i've have the gail howard software since last december and with all the different charts, i haven't won squat. this sounds to me to be an interesting system.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

i know that everyone has a system or software to select their numbers.  but i read about a bunch of university professors and staff over in europe somewhere started playing and how they select their numbers was a little different. this was a 6/49 game. all 49 numbers were written on pieces of paper and placed in one box. each person in turn picked out six numbers, until eight lines were filled. the remaining number was used to start a new line and numbers from the second box. in all they play all 49 numbers. have anyone here heard of this system and have you used it? have you won any money with it? i've have the gail howard software since last december and with all the different charts, i haven't won squat. this sounds to me to be an interesting system.

It would be an economical way to play lotto because you would have only 9 combinations and be guaranteed to hit whatever numbers came out. The problem is the lottos don't pay matching 2 numbers and 3 hits only pays a buck or a free ticket.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Would you believe there is nothing new about playing all the numbers in a minimum number of lines?  If your problem is making up the lines there is a free software called Lottery Cracker II that will make 8 balanced lines for 6/49.  You can download the zip from http://www.lotto-logix.com/lottosoft.html  if your game is a different size you have to get Lottery Cracker World which has a free trial long enough to see if this theory works for your game. 

With 6/49 only 6 of the 8 lines can contain winning numbers, so this method turns your 6/49 game into a 6/36 game.  Running off several of these like the professors gives you more chances to win something.  BobP

United Kingdom
        Member #31295
        January 27, 2006
        73 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2007, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I read about this and wrote a program that simulated their system. I'm not sure if they won anything regularly, but I think they simply got lucky when they hit the jackpot. The problem with this system is that it does not allow you to use the same number on different lines.

found the article

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23371984-details/University%20lottery%20syndicate%20wins%20%C3%BD%C3%BD5m%20jackpot%20after%20devising%20formula/article.do

tedthelion's avatar - Lottery-055.jpg
          ypsilanti, michigan
          United States
          Member #52744
          June 6, 2007
          22 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2007, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

thanks for your help. will give it a shot. will let you know.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19824 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2007, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

This system is the same as putting all the numbers on pieces of paper and picking out six as a time until all the numbers have been picked.  If you can't think of any other ways to pick your combinations then this way is as good as any and you will have all the winning numbers on your tickets somewhere but the odds of three of more of them being on the same line aren't any better than if you picked them any other way, you still have to be lucky to win something.  Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2007, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

This system is the same as putting all the numbers on pieces of paper and picking out six as a time until all the numbers have been picked.  If you can't think of any other ways to pick your combinations then this way is as good as any and you will have all the winning numbers on your tickets somewhere but the odds of three of more of them being on the same line aren't any better than if you picked them any other way, you still have to be lucky to win something.  Good luck to you.

I totally agree RJOh..

Like I've always said, You could have the best system in the world, but it's only good as the ground it covers. In other words, in a game where there are millions to one, the only advantage is buying atleast 60 percent of the combos to have somewhat of an edge, which of course is impractical....so, in order to have some magical prediction method using a very minimal amount is rare, and most probably will never happen........except what RJOh said.......pure luck!

That's what it boils down to.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2007, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Not exactly.  You aren't factoring in the advantage of having all the numbers on six lines or less.

Consider if you will a 6/48 game.  Buying 8 quick picks means roughly 1/3 of the numbers won't be in play and 1/3 will appear more then once.  The odds of a line with 3 winning numbers is expected to be roughly 11% to 15%.

Instead of buying quick picks we make up 8 lines putting all the numbers into play.  No matter the draw no more then 6 lines can contain winning numbers making it a 6/36 game.  The odds of a line with 3 winning numbers is 26.7%. 

Looks like better odds to me.

BobP

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5118 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2007, 2:51 am - IP Logged

I totally agree RJOh..

Like I've always said, You could have the best system in the world, but it's only good as the ground it covers. In other words, in a game where there are millions to one, the only advantage is buying atleast 60 percent of the combos to have somewhat of an edge, which of course is impractical....so, in order to have some magical prediction method using a very minimal amount is rare, and most probably will never happen........except what RJOh said.......pure luck!

That's what it boils down to.

tedthelion:

EURO>>>is >>>"STRANGE">>>but, & always a BUTTtttttttttt>>>>

you.....................must test>>> but, A QUICK-PICK sounds better>

in USA.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must agree w/...........RJ and Pac

on thi$$......"WON"

LOL

PSYKOMO