Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

playing prediction board numbers with your money

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

do you ever play prediction board numbers with your money?

yes [ 17 ]  [50.00%]
no [ 17 ]  [50.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2007, 3:00 am - IP Logged

do you ever play prediction board numbers with your money?

for instance you see a member post a pick 3 number in your state and the number looks good so you go play it at the store where you live.i've done this a few times.....

babyneeds$'s avatar - spider miss.png
    GA
    United States
    Member #52110
    May 10, 2007
    165 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2007, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Yes, I've done that.  I found it to be interesting that the number was a number I was going to play anyway.  It just confirmed what I had in my run down.

What ever Baby wants...Baby gets!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2007, 3:50 am - IP Logged

Yes, I've done that.  I found it to be interesting that the number was a number I was going to play anyway.  It just confirmed what I had in my run down.

What ever Baby wants...Baby gets!

you go girl!          Embarassed

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2007, 4:07 am - IP Logged

i tried it once with lotto 5 and cash 4 here in tennessee i didnt win but i wanted to try something different than just my numbers and quick picks like i normally do.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2007, 6:28 am - IP Logged

I did once, won $10 off of it. Problem with the board is that theres either way too many combos, or the prediction is the same for every other pick-5 game in the nation, as if they were all the same game.

(insert signature here)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2007, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I did once, won $10 off of it. Problem with the board is that theres either way too many combos, or the prediction is the same for every other pick-5 game in the nation, as if they were all the same game.

Agreed, JimmySand9, way too many combos.

When I realized most people making predictins don't actually play their own predictions, or if they do they play $120 to win $40 (to say the 'won') it really took the zing out of it. 

Then someone posting that they intentionally predict numbers that they 'know' aren't going to hit didn't help.  

Also form various discussions here on the board, if anyone did have a way of having a very solid prediction for a jackpot game they're jusy not going to ppst it here and split the jackpot multiple ways.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2007, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do, but they are the numbers I've posted.  So far I'm not convinced that anyone else posting on the board is more likely to pick a winner than me.

If I ever see a predictor sustaining a 500%+ prize ratio continuously over several months for the games I play then I will try their numbers.

The most lines per game I've ever posted on the board was 25, but I did play 60 lines when MegaMillion had a $200M+ jackpot earlier this year and matched 4+0 for $150.  That was the only time I got lucky this year, the rest of the times I came up short.

I'm not as interested in the number of lines per post as I'm in the strategies of the picks, when I see 50 lines posted for the same game or same type of games nation wide for multi drawings, I'm thinking the strategy is play often, play plenty and pray for luck. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: June 16, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do, but they are the numbers I've posted.  So far I'm not convinced that anyone else posting on the board is more likely to pick a winner than me.

If I ever see a predictor sustaining a 500%+ prize ratio continuously over several months for the games I play then I will try their numbers.

The most lines per game I've ever posted on the board was 25, but I did play 60 lines when MegaMillion had a $200M+ jackpot earlier this year and matched 4+0 for $150.  That was the only time I got lucky this year, the rest of the times I came up short.

I'm not as interested in the number of lines per post as I'm in the strategies of the picks, when I see 50 lines posted for the same game or same type of games nation wide for multi drawings, I'm thinking the strategy is play often, play plenty and pray for luck. 

"If I ever see a predictor sustaining a 500%+ prize ratio continuously over several months for the games I play then I will try their numbers."

Depends on the game because 500% of $100 is $500 so you're only getting 4 to 1 on your money. In Pick-5 games where the odds are 1 to 9, if somebody is averaging 500%, I'd play every combo they predicted. Can you imagine getting $20 back for every $4 you bet playing Rolling Cash 5?

But in Pick-3 games where the game odds are 1000 to 1 and payoff odds are $500 to $1, only getting a 4 to 1 payoff doesn't look so good.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2007, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

"If I ever see a predictor sustaining a 500%+ prize ratio continuously over several months for the games I play then I will try their numbers."

Depends on the game because 500% of $100 is $500 so you're only getting 4 to 1 on your money. In Pick-5 games where the odds are 1 to 9, if somebody is averaging 500%, I'd play every combo they predicted. Can you imagine getting $20 back for every $4 you bet playing Rolling Cash 5?

But in Pick-3 games where the game odds are 1000 to 1 and payoff odds are $500 to $1, only getting a 4 to 1 payoff doesn't look so good.

500%+ prize ratio continuously over several months for any game would be acceptable for me.  It really wouldn't matter if it was a pick3, pick4, pick5 or a jackpot game, you still would be spending $1 to make $5. 

It might even be easier to do it with a pick3 or pick4 game with a few box hits (pick3 odds of 1:200) every month but with a pick5 or jackpot game it would probably be necessary to come close to winning it all a couple of times every month to sustain that kind of prize ratio, so far I can't even break even.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking