Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dumbing Yourself Down To Win The Lotto

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 9 years ago by manzplan.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
Lotto City, Michigan
United States
Member #36256
March 30, 2006
1472 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2007, 10:13 am - IP Logged

After watching a documentary entitled, "The Curse Of The Lottery", I noticed that oftentimes the DUMBEST people are the big winners. I'm sure that you've all heard about the lottery winners who destroyed their own lives and the lives of others, after winning the jackpot in the lottery. After seeing all those ignorant winners, I realized why they call it "dumb luck" and why it had never happened for me. Perhaps i've never won because I am of average intelligence.

Could "dumbing yourself down" increase your chances of winning the lottery? Stooges

Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2007, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I've decided that i'll get the most FOOLISH of my acquaintances to pick my lotto numbers for me.

From this point on i'll call that my "Dumb Luck Strategy"!  Wink

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3047 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I do not think you have to be of less intelligence to win the lottery.  I just think that people who make poor choices with their lottery winnings are more easily targeted to show the world a lesson.  You have to use common sense when you have money no matter how you came into the money.-weshar75

Brazil
        Member #51781
        April 24, 2007
        384 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2007, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you could be "confusing" ... It could be that disequilibrated people would do well in games. It is the old belief that if someone is good in Love the Game part would be not so good.

The modern approach is that there is two hemispheres in the brain , one logical and one intuitive. Disequilibrated persons has another type of balance ...

Imagine a I.Q. test and a PSI test , now make a unbalanced distribution of the mental points. I think that it is what you are talking about!!! 

And  Yes, I was wondering about it too ...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2007, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I do not think you have to be of less intelligence to win the lottery.  I just think that people who make poor choices with their lottery winnings are more easily targeted to show the world a lesson.  You have to use common sense when you have money no matter how you came into the money.-weshar75

I Agree!

Many years ago I saw an ad on cable tv late at night for "When Animals Attack" and couldn't understand why anyone would purchase such a video.  Imagine sitting with your family on Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn to watch people being mauled by wild animals. The popular name for this type of film was shockumentary.  Of course, I don't quite understand why people watch the Jerry Springer show, but it has been running for years.

The reason this came to mind is that, if you look anywhere, it's easy to find all sorts of personalities, and our general public seems to prefer programs about chaos & madness over order & sanity.  After all, we live in a mundane world, so watching normal behavior just adds to its boring routine.

IMHO a large majority of people who win money will handle it prudently. However, the lottery represents a random number of the general population. So it only makes sense to have a high percentage of fools in the mix.  

Jacksonville
            United States
            Member #52389
            May 23, 2007
            3 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't think all lottery winners are "dumb." I have read about professionals such as doctors winning. I think it is "dumb" luck though. I have won cash 3 straight and boxed by throwing all the numbers on the floor and picking 3 up. This is even more effective than qps for me. When the lottery first came out in FL, the lines were really long and I stood in this line staring at the previous week's numbers and picked 3 and added my own 3 and got 5 right.  I only played 2 tickets. I just wish I could think of something dumb to do to win a jackpot.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19821 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2007, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

After watching a documentary entitled, "The Curse Of The Lottery", I noticed that oftentimes the DUMBEST people are the big winners. I'm sure that you've all heard about the lottery winners who destroyed their own lives and the lives of others, after winning the jackpot in the lottery. After seeing all those ignorant winners, I realized why they call it "dumb luck" and why it had never happened for me. Perhaps i've never won because I am of average intelligence.

Could "dumbing yourself down" increase your chances of winning the lottery? Stooges

Lotteries are random and can't discriminate, anyone who buys a ticket can win.  Lottery winners represent the kinds of people playing lotteries, if most of the winners are dumb then there's no reason to think the losers are any smarter.

It doesn't take much effort to "dumb down" or buy quick picks and I think buying QPs is the better option.  Being smart might not help you win a lottery but you're probably going to do more in life than just play the lotteries.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
                Arizona
                United States
                Member #52803
                June 10, 2007
                88 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2007, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

The prudent people who spend their money wisely are the ones you never hear about. It's the idiots who spend their money foolishly that make the news.

Funny, but it seems that the harder I try to win the lottery, the less money I do win from the lottery, and if I buy a lottery ticket on impulse, that's when I win the most money.

Lotto City, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #36256
                  March 30, 2006
                  1472 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

"more easly targeted" by whom?

Lotto City, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #36256
                    March 30, 2006
                    1472 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you could be "confusing" ... It could be that disequilibrated people would do well in games. It is the old belief that if someone is good in Love the Game part would be not so good.

The modern approach is that there is two hemispheres in the brain , one logical and one intuitive. Disequilibrated persons has another type of balance ...

Imagine a I.Q. test and a PSI test , now make a unbalanced distribution of the mental points. I think that it is what you are talking about!!! 

And  Yes, I was wondering about it too ...

Interesting point!

Lotto City, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #36256
                      March 30, 2006
                      1472 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

"....However, the lottery represents a random number of the general population. So it only makes sense to have a high percentage of fools in the mix."

LOL!!! I'll say "amen" to that! Wink 

Lotto City, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #36256
                        March 30, 2006
                        1472 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

"I don't think all lottery winners are "dumb." I have read about professionals such as doctors winning."

On Court TV I watched the trial of a fertility nurse who murdered her husband. After shooting him, she cut up his body in 3 sections, stuffed them in 3 of her suitcases, and threw them in the Chesapeake Bay. During the trial, it was revealed that while 8 months pregnant with her husband's(the victim's)child, she began having intercourse at the clinic with her co-worker...a married doctor. When asked by prosecuters, he admitted that he was in love with her.

He was dumb.

Lotto City, Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #36256
                          March 30, 2006
                          1472 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

"Lotteries are random and can't discriminate, anyone who buys a ticket can win.  Lottery winners represent the kinds of people playing lotteries, if most of the winners are dumb then there's no reason to think the losers are any smarter."

Perhaps the losers were too smart for "dumb luck"?  Conehead

Lotto City, Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #36256
                            March 30, 2006
                            1472 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

The prudent people who spend their money wisely are the ones you never hear about. It's the idiots who spend their money foolishly that make the news.

Funny, but it seems that the harder I try to win the lottery, the less money I do win from the lottery, and if I buy a lottery ticket on impulse, that's when I win the most money.

Always stick with what works. Wink

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                              Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2007, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I believe that ones' luck essentially runs a sinusodial track.  You have minimas and maximas and somewhat ebb and rise as a sine function.  Codmander ran a thread of being in a slump (minima) but it goes the other way also.  I was hitting left and right end of last week even a 5 of 6 on a free quick pick! But the past couple of days little much of anything.  I can only conclude that, as dumb as I am, I am going to hold my current sets and wait for the rising. Yesterday I hit a single 3 of 6 of 39 on 42 lines, theoretically I truly can only do worse or much better.  I hope for the latter. LOL or LOA whatever floats ur boat.   jarasan

White Bounce