Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Added Maryland raffle bonus draw results

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23261 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

The Maryland Lottery changed the date of their upcoming raffle drawing from May 21 (yesterday) to July 7th. 

Lots of states are taking advantage of the upcoming 7/7/07 date to run special drawings and promotions.  In Maryland's case, the reason for moving the draw date is somewhat more urgent, as the lottery is far from selling out all the tickets.  They moved the draw simply to sell more tickets (I don't blame them — c'mon Marylanders, get some raffle tickets!).

One of the nice things about moving the draw date was that they also extended the "four $500 bonus prizes per day" promotion.  That promo ran until Monday (June 18th), and now they are offering free Mega Millions tickets instead of the bonus prizes, probably through the draw date.

I have posted all the bonus prize numbers, so if you bought one or more Maryland raffle tickets, be sure to head over there to see if you won anything.  It's sorted by purchase date, and it shows the town the ticket was purchased in.

You can find the results on the Maryland Results page: http://www.lotterypost.com/results/md

After July 7th, I'll update the page with the final draw results.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Brazil
    Member #51781
    April 24, 2007
    384 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2007, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

FREE .. Mega Millions tickets !?

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2007, 1:51 am - IP Logged

FREE .. Mega Millions tickets !?

yea big deal if you buy a 20 dollar raffle ticket they give you 2 free quick pick mega million tickets. They are doing this to get more people to buy raffle tickets.

so essentially your spending 18 dollars to try and win a million bucks.

We had this raffle last winter and a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't win anything. I know people who played last time and said they will not play this time.

I only bought one ticket i might buy another. It's a slim chance of winning a million bucks. 

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23261 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2007, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

This is crazy that Maryland can't sell this game out.  Most other states sell out so quickly that some people don't even know the game's available before it's gone.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2007, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

This is crazy that Maryland can't sell this game out.  Most other states sell out so quickly that some people don't even know the game's available before it's gone.

it doesn't even look like they have sold half the tickets yet. Some people seem to think we should be privy to the drawing. i tried to explain that it's probably a computer that draws the numbers.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23261 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

It is most certainly a computer that draws the numbers.  I think El Gordo is the only game in the world to draw a huge raffle with a lottery ball tumbler.  Have you seen the size of it?  And it takes hours.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

well here it is the day before the drawing and they have sold a little over 210,000 tickets of the 420,000 they should have sold.

I have just bought a second ticket so my chance of wining something are  looking a little better.

I don't know why they haven't sold out the drawing unless they haven't advertised enough, or people here aren't interested.

Good luck to all who have bought a ticket.

United States
                Member #3676
                February 10, 2004
                425 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2007, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

It is crazy how some states sell out in days and some will never sell out.  The one in NY tomorrow is about half sold, does anyone know if they will still draw tomorrow and still pay out all the prizes??

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

It is crazy how some states sell out in days and some will never sell out.  The one in NY tomorrow is about half sold, does anyone know if they will still draw tomorrow and still pay out all the prizes??

i have the same question about the georgia raffle because they had just under 100K to sell before saturday...

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4525 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

well here it is the day before the drawing and they have sold a little over 210,000 tickets of the 420,000 they should have sold.

I have just bought a second ticket so my chance of wining something are  looking a little better.

I don't know why they haven't sold out the drawing unless they haven't advertised enough, or people here aren't interested.

Good luck to all who have bought a ticket.

Thanks for the update Four4me. Wasnt sure how you knew the ticket sales til I read you just got one again today.

I for one, am your across the Dixon line player. Financially speaking...I'll get taxed 33% fed, a wonderful 6% by your state and then again a 3-5% by my PA for lottery winnings from out of state.

So all total a whopping 44% of even the grandprize will be with held due to tax laws. So if MD wants any out of staters to buy into their raffle, they need to wave some of these taxes so us out of towners can help the lottery and not always line there pockets.

Overall I really am cheering on that SOMEONE here who played the MD raffle hits sumptin! ( and not their head from fainting at the grandprize!)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014