Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Book: There Is More To The Secret

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by chezel30.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2007, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Saw this in a bookstore today, looks very interesting:

There Is More To The Secret

- by Ed Gugnor

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2007, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I saw it too, seemed a little short. I thought it was just another author trying to capitalize on the success of the secret. But I would be interested in reading it.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I saw it too, seemed a little short. I thought it was just another author trying to capitalize on the success of the secret. But I would be interested in reading it.

Actually the subject has been written about many times in the past just using different words.  Anyone that's read a few of these books could write their own.

I would put more pizzazz in my title:  "The Secret and The Lottery".  It would probably sell a few more copies.  Big Grin

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I have a ton of books on the subject, although I have never seen another book that claims to elaborate "more" on the subject of another book using the title specifically.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31539 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2007, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Saw this in a bookstore today, looks very interesting:

There Is More To The Secret

- by Ed Gugnor

He says "My purpose in writing "There is More to the Secret" is not to attack Byrne's book, nor to tear down  the good that she has communicated; rather, it's to interpret the ideas presented in The Secret from my perspective as a Christian."

I like this quote:  If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.  Henry Ford

love to nibble those micey feet.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Yes, that's a great quote by Ford, emilyg!

The author of this There Is More To the Secret doesn't appear to be a 'self-help' author but a Christian author. He must be a character as he has another book called Religiously Transmitted Diseases.

The publisher of the There Is More To The Secret is Thomas Nelson, which is a big name in Christian books, so I don't think this is "another one of those self-help books".  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Australia
              Member #53018
              June 20, 2007
              32 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2007, 6:03 am - IP Logged

He says "My purpose in writing "There is More to the Secret" is not to attack Byrne's book, nor to tear down  the good that she has communicated; rather, it's to interpret the ideas presented in The Secret from my perspective as a Christian."

I like this quote:  If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.  Henry Ford

there is also another lady who has a great website online that spreads the same advice as the secret from a christian perspective her website has a free section where you can listen to phone call's etc on this sort of stuff especially if you are in business her name is dani johnson has anyone here herd of her i have listen to a few of her recoding i think they are definatly good value.