Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone here ever actually won a big lottery?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Grand Rapids, Michigan
United States
Member #53008
June 19, 2007
67 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2007, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Hey all.  I'm a newbie here and I was just curious with all the info and resources available through this site (to anyone's knowledge) has anyone here ever won a big lottery?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I won $150 million but I donated it all to Research.  I was hoping they'd find a cure for whatever makes me continue to buy lottery tickets.

Wink

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I won $150 million but I donated it all to Research.  I was hoping they'd find a cure for whatever makes me continue to buy lottery tickets.

Wink

You wasted your winnings, I could have found a cure for $1 million (no guaranteed but cheaper).Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2007, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I guess I won, according to this e-mail I just received:

THE DESK OF THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS,
        The Irish Lottery
        P O Box 1010
        11 G Lower Dorset Street,
        Dublin 1, Ireland
        (Customer Services)
        Ref: IRSH/5670Z6/94
        Batch: 095/85/SH979

ATTENTION: WINNER

We happily announce to you the draw (#1004) of the IRISH LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International program held on Saturday, 2nd June 2007. 9.04pm, It is now available for claims and you are getting the final NOTIFICATION as regards this.

We the The Irish Lottery organizing committee are pleased to officially notify you of the status of your email application. An official notification of winning is hereby issued to you as your email promotion ticket randomly drew for the Lucky Numbers: 10,12,22,25,31,42 Bonus Number 11,
        which selected your email as the winner of our lottery program you have consequently won the lottery program in the first batch.

We have officially approved a sum payout of 4,829,216.00 Euro. (Four Million, Eight Hundred and Twenty-Nine Thousand, Two Hundred and Sixteen Euro). In cash credited to file KCT/99751977308/78,

your winning ticket in this category i.e Match 3 plus bonus.

You are hereby required to contact our claims agent below.

Lep

NoW I can buy a surplus missle silo in the Dakotas, live in it, get cable and DSL, and take the annual annuity check and stock up on MRE's evey year!

LIVE IT UP! 

(Every time I get one of these e-mails I'm very tempted to play the numbers)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5123 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2007, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey all.  I'm a newbie here and I was just curious with all the info and resources available through this site (to anyone's knowledge) has anyone here ever won a big lottery?

NO...........but,

psykomo wi$he$ U LOL

PartyLepPartyBang HeadParty

Grand Rapids, Michigan
            United States
            Member #53008
            June 19, 2007
            67 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2007, 8:18 am - IP Logged

You guys are hilarious!!LOL  I guess I was more interested in reading the funny responses.  I sort of knew deep down no one would say...plus I really wouldn't want anyone too.  Anyway....good luck to us all!!  I know I got my Mega Millions ticket for Tuesday!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19830 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Actually there been some people come close and others who have matched 5/5 in their state games, one even posted a picture of his winning ticket worth 200K+ as proof but he moved on and hasn't posted anything for a while.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2007, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if it's the same person you mean RJOh, but I remember someone here saying they hit the 5/5 twice.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8363 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2007, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if it's the same person you mean RJOh, but I remember someone here saying they hit the 5/5 twice.

that would be st.germain

whom won Lil lotto 2 times

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

You guys are hilarious!!LOL  I guess I was more interested in reading the funny responses.  I sort of knew deep down no one would say...plus I really wouldn't want anyone too.  Anyway....good luck to us all!!  I know I got my Mega Millions ticket for Tuesday!

Yep, it would be crazy for someone to post they had won millions of dollars if they wanted to continue enjoying posting here.  I've never won a big jackpot but before I removed my e-mail address from my profile I got all kinds of letters with sob stories and lottery investment schemes.  Anyone posting they had won a lottery jackpot would just be inviting more of the same, after all we're one big LP family and family help each other.LOL

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2007, 6:04 am - IP Logged

i won 200 million in powerball and got so paranoid i stayed in my room all the time.you can see in my avatar where i had it all stacked in nice,neat piles and you can even see where i'm holding some of the money in my hand.however i then donated all but 50 bucks to various charities.you see i read a book where it said elvis gave more than any other person.he gave houses,cadillacs,boats,you name it he gave it.well i started feeling jealous so i started giving my fortune away too.why i even gave one person a brand new house just for saying hello to me in the supermarket.genorosity is contagious.spread the wealth......