Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When did you first become interested in the lottery?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

When did you first become interested in the lottery?

As a young kid seeing my parents play [ 2 ]  [9.52%]
As a teenager [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
When I became legal and could first buy a ticket [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
In my 20s [ 7 ]  [33.33%]
In my 30s [ 3 ]  [14.29%]
In my 40s [ 2 ]  [9.52%]
After I retired [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
After I got fired or laid off from my job [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
Honestly I can't remember [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
None of your business [ 4 ]  [19.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 21 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Grand Rapids, Michigan
United States
Member #53008
June 19, 2007
67 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Hey all!  I'm just curious when everyone here got really interesting in the lottery and started playing.  I know I didn't really start until I was in my 20s and actually learned more about it.  It's funny I grew up in Connecticut where they had the Poweball but I never played that.  It took me living in Michigan before I starting playing the Mega Millions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2007, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Wohn Ich Bin Vonnen Auf Deutschland Und Der Hessen Lotto Komt Mit Der Zusahtspielen. 

Smile

In the Army in Germany.  First lotto I ever saw, way beofre most of the states had one. It was a 6 /49 game with a bonus number for thos who had 5 of 6, but not a 5 + 1 game.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
      Member #50124
      February 26, 2007
      601 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2007, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I first got interested when I first moved to a state that had the lottery which was when I was about 30.  Before that, I lived in NV, TX and NM, none of which had a big jackpot game.  TX and/or NM may have had a pick 3 or something, but I wasn't even aware of it and I didn't know anyone who played.

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2007, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I see you got started in Germany, Coin Toss.. That's cool.

I got started in China by the grand master Win One Soon.

He teach me many number .

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2007, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I see you got started in Germany, Coin Toss.. That's cool.

I got started in China by the grand master Win One Soon.

He teach me many number .

Green laugh  Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
            Arizona
            United States
            Member #52803
            June 10, 2007
            88 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2007, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Funny story (well, maybe). I'm from Georgia, and when Florida started a lottery, people in Georgia went crazy. I knew of people in my home town who would drive 90 miles just to buy Florida lottery tickets! And then Georgia started to consider a lottery, and at the time, I was dead set against it (I thought it a sucker's way to raise revenue). I had just started a new job, and it was the highest paying job that I had ever had at the time. But after being on the job for a few years and getting use to my new income and having to deal with the hassles of the politics of my job, I started playing the lottery that Georgia had started (so, maybe I am a sucker). But my feeling is this, if you have enough disposable income where you can afford to throw away $2.00 to $10.00 a week, then why not bet it on the lottery. And the Georgia lottery has helped especially in the area of education.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I played scratch-offs when i was about 15 and got hooked.

It wasn't until the age of about 23 when I discovered the p-3. I was living in Tonopah, AZ. Around 1988.

And that's all she wrote...LOl

It's all about numbers to me now. Everything can relate to math. Everything from going to the bathroom, or going to the  planet Uranus. There's a math formula for every event.

I'm in no way a math genius, but i can see the formations of math. Both physically, and in quantum form.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1954 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2007, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

When I was a kid watching my parents play. I couldn't wait to turn 18 so I could play the lottery. Me being a computer guy and very good at math, I figured I could use my skills to come up with my own system. Any day now, it will pay off.

Gonna win.Big Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5122 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2007, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Funny story (well, maybe). I'm from Georgia, and when Florida started a lottery, people in Georgia went crazy. I knew of people in my home town who would drive 90 miles just to buy Florida lottery tickets! And then Georgia started to consider a lottery, and at the time, I was dead set against it (I thought it a sucker's way to raise revenue). I had just started a new job, and it was the highest paying job that I had ever had at the time. But after being on the job for a few years and getting use to my new income and having to deal with the hassles of the politics of my job, I started playing the lottery that Georgia had started (so, maybe I am a sucker). But my feeling is this, if you have enough disposable income where you can afford to throw away $2.00 to $10.00 a week, then why not bet it on the lottery. And the Georgia lottery has helped especially in the area of education.

ArtVanDalay:

SORRY bout dattttttttttt.......MY ODE MAN was from......GA.........TOO!

HE was a HOOT>>>>>>.....& still is I guess.....but, moved to AZ./

along with the next DOOR.....neighbor ??????Ms Voorees who.........

married a man she hah met in the NAVY!!!!!!!..............the............... blond distruct>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>of  (1) family>>>& band .(ME)

left 2 of us  in the world to go on & find our many friend's from HIGH

SCHOOL.............& after>>>>>>HS>>>>>>>>>ODK

we rock...pef'nor ....

records....thanks....

lol....................from .....JOE^^^^^^&&  Mirandia.....

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8362 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2007, 1:44 am - IP Logged

there was this guy down on the corner who would take bets well thats where it started.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.