Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did you know in PB/MM ...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Mention one thing about Jackpot games that others might not know.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11931 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2007, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

within 9 draws of each game 27% of the WB's drawn will repeat themselves......

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

You can improve your odds up to more than 90% using various algorithms.SmileHiding Behind Computer

Which is probably why I usually play more Pick 5 and Pick 6 now than PowerBall.

Gonna win.Big Smile

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2007, 5:42 am - IP Logged

within 9 draws of each game 27% of the WB's drawn will repeat themselves......

within 9 draws of each game 73% of the WB's drawn will not repeat themselves......

(sorry, I just had to...)   Approve

How about: generally speaking, 2 of the 5 WB's that hit are not on anyone's hit list...  buy a dart board.

Actually, by my quick calculations, 60% of the numbers repeat themselves in the first 9 games.

Right now, we have 33 numbers occupying the most recent 9 games, 33 / 55 = 60%, which is quite high, it's usually around 50%. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2007, 5:44 am - IP Logged

You can improve your odds up to more than 90% using various algorithms.SmileHiding Behind Computer

Which is probably why I usually play more Pick 5 and Pick 6 now than PowerBall.

Explain your 90% please.

Do you mean my chances of getting ONE wb number increase to 90% using various algorithms ? 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2007, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

The most common repeating sequence in the white balls is for White Ball 1 (In Sorted order). it will be the number that was drawn 10 draws ago... this happened 16 times in 192 draws (8.33%)

and that's the BEST I can get with my current system using the new matrix. :-(

BTW... 10 draws back for the first position number held true when using the entire matrix also.

This comes from my LRS (Latent repeating sequence) software... no wins on PB yet but statistically it did the best... won $500 on pick 3 once playing just 1 number, but backtests confirmed after the win it was time to drop it.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Explain your 90% please.

Do you mean my chances of getting ONE wb number increase to 90% using various algorithms ? 

I mean it's possible to eliminate over 90% of the combinations that "supposedly" aren't going to win based off certain trends. Of course there will be an exception every now and then. The thing is though, when it comes to PowerBall being 1 : 146 million, even using these algorithms, you are STILL left with a huge number of potentially winning numbers. Which is why I have switched over to Pick 5 and Pick 6. By switching to Pick 5 and Pick 6, my odds have potentially increased by an incredible amount. Sure, the payouts aren't as high, but if someone could repeatedly get 5/5 or 6/6 every so often, I'm sure they wouldn't complain about that either.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I mean it's possible to eliminate over 90% of the combinations that "supposedly" aren't going to win based off certain trends. Of course there will be an exception every now and then. The thing is though, when it comes to PowerBall being 1 : 146 million, even using these algorithms, you are STILL left with a huge number of potentially winning numbers. Which is why I have switched over to Pick 5 and Pick 6. By switching to Pick 5 and Pick 6, my odds have potentially increased by an incredible amount. Sure, the payouts aren't as high, but if someone could repeatedly get 5/5 or 6/6 every so often, I'm sure they wouldn't complain about that either.

I find that hard to believe.  If you could eliminate 90% of the 146M combinations of PowerBall then you would reduce the odds of winning a $100M-$200M PB (1:146M) jackpot to the  odds of winning a 6/49 (1:14M) game jackpots of $2M-$10M.  Normally the overall odds of winning something playing PB is 1:37, but eliminating 90% of the combinations would reduce those overall odds of winning something to 1:4 which would mean for every four tickets bought you would get back at least the minimum prize of 0+1 of $3.

With a PB system that's only that good now and then, who would waste their time playing a pick5 game? 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1953 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2007, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I find that hard to believe.  If you could eliminate 90% of the 146M combinations of PowerBall then you would reduce the odds of winning a $100M-$200M PB (1:146M) jackpot to the  odds of winning a 6/49 (1:14M) game jackpots of $2M-$10M.  Normally the overall odds of winning something playing PB is 1:37, but eliminating 90% of the combinations would reduce those overall odds of winning something to 1:4 which would mean for every four tickets bought you would get back at least the minimum prize of 0+1 of $3.

With a PB system that's only that good now and then, who would waste their time playing a pick5 game? 

Because your odds of hitting the jackpot in that game will be increased incredibily. Think about it. You got a system that can eliminate over 90% of what will most likely not win the jackpot. But with  PowerBall, you're STARTING with 1 : 146M. So at exactly 90% elimination, you're still left with over 14M after you run the algorithms. Now switch over to Indiana's Pick 6/48(1 : 12,271,512). Now eliminate 90%. That takes it down to 1,227,151.2. Now Pick 5/36(1 : 376,992). Eliminate 90%, you're left with 37,699.2.

Now I want you to keep in mind I stated "it's possible to eliminate over 90% of 'supposedly' non-winning combinations", with an exception every now and then. So you can assume I am using algorithms that eliminate over 90%. I just didn't want to state what my most recent simulations have resulted in because of the disbelief I know a lot of people would have. I'm just going to say, that yes, the algorithms I'm using are "eliminating" more than that.

Now lets go back to Pick 5 and assume that it actually is at 90% elimination. You're probably thinking that 1 : 37,669 is still a lot. You're right, but don't forget that is if I am going to buy just ONE set. Here in Indiana, Pick 5 is 2 sets of numbers for $1($5 = 10 sets). Now lets pretend I buy $5 worth(10 sets). That 37,669 odds now go down to 3,766.9. Now were getting somewhere. Just don't forget that's at 90%, but I'm not going to say what my most recent simulations are.Wink

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2007, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Saying and writing what can be done is a lot easier than actually doing it.  I'll believe it when I see it.Wink

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Saying and writing what can be done is a lot easier than actually doing it.  I'll believe it when I see it.Wink

Well, that's understandable. At the same time, don't forget the saying "You gotta start somewhere". Just because nobody hasn't seen it yet, doesn't mean I'm going to feel undetermined to make it happen. I agree with Donny Deutsch, the host of "The Big Idea" on CNBC. When you come to people with an idea they have never heard of, there's going to be a lot of skeptism. If you keep pushing yourself, you can make it happen though. I'm sure if you could go back in time 100 years and show the people of that time a personal computer, the majority of the people probably wouldn't think that such a thing would ever be possible. Same thing applies to now. Just because something doesn't exist now, doesn't mean it won't in the future.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
                        Member #10720
                        January 23, 2005
                        933 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

REmember also you are basing your odds on buying only ONE ticket for ONE drawing. Considering many people play 5 tickets almost every drawing the odds of winning at some point are better still.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2007, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, that's understandable. At the same time, don't forget the saying "You gotta start somewhere". Just because nobody hasn't seen it yet, doesn't mean I'm going to feel undetermined to make it happen. I agree with Donny Deutsch, the host of "The Big Idea" on CNBC. When you come to people with an idea they have never heard of, there's going to be a lot of skeptism. If you keep pushing yourself, you can make it happen though. I'm sure if you could go back in time 100 years and show the people of that time a personal computer, the majority of the people probably wouldn't think that such a thing would ever be possible. Same thing applies to now. Just because something doesn't exist now, doesn't mean it won't in the future.

I'm not skeptical of your ideas because I have never heard of them but rather that I've heard similar claims that were never proved. 

There are companies selling numbers and people selling software that make those kinds of claims all the time.

I believe that one can increase their odds of winning by eliminating combinations that have matched four or more in previous drawings, combinations of certain ranges and sums and avoid certain conditions that are not common with past winning combinations but there's no way all of those combinations would account for more than 5-10% of all the possible combinations.

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1953 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2007, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm not skeptical of your ideas because I have never heard of them but rather that I've heard similar claims that were never proved. 

There are companies selling numbers and people selling software that make those kinds of claims all the time.

I believe that one can increase their odds of winning by eliminating combinations that have matched four or more in previous drawings, combinations of certain ranges and sums and avoid certain conditions that are not common with past winning combinations but there's no way all of those combinations would account for more than 5-10% of all the possible combinations.

There are things to look at that are not so obvious when it comes to elimination. A lot of times, the factors that play a roll in my algorithms do what they were made to do when the winning numbers come out. It's just a matter of getting just the right one. Let me give you an example.

Lottery A: This game is EXACTLY like PowerBall. You choose 5 numbers from 1-55, and 1 number from 1-42. Therefore, the odds of winning the jackpot are 1 : 146,107,962.

Lottery B: This game only has 1 prize: the jackpot. In order to win the jackpot the person must pick a number between 1 and 146,107,962 and that number must be drawn as the winning number. Therefore, the odds of this game are also 1 : 146,107,962.

Which game would be easier to win? Using a system, Lottery A is actually easier to win. A system can't be applied to Lottery B. When the balls come out of the machine, they're usually not in numerical order, but when they are posted on the website, they are put in numerical order. You'll also notice that the 5 white balls usually are spread throughout the entire 1-55 range. In other words, they're usually not grouped tightly together(but exceptions do occur). This is where systems can be applied. You see, I try and look at the things that aren't so obvious. My program looks at a lot more things than the things you stated above. There are a lot of factors that can be taken into consideration when choosing numbers for the lottery. The only reason I decided to write a program to apply these factors are because my brain cannot process the millions of possible combinations and decide which sets are right, and which are wrong. By writing my own custom software I can take advantage of its speed and have it print me out a single set in less than a second.

Gonna win.Big Smile

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                              Member #48046
                              December 7, 2006
                              1699 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2007, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Here's something you might not know, but it's just a theory,

You know how, when the riser is lifting the ball, up to the chute?

I figure there's a suction devise of some kind on it.  Think about it, have you ever seen the ball fall off?

If I'm wrong.... help please