Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ticket size

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2007, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I was going to put this on the jackpot forum, but it's more of a general question about how tickets are printed.  Tonight I bought 4 Lotto tickets with my personal numbers.  When the clerk handed them to me I noticed that one of the three was about 2/3 of the normal size.  The other three are the same size, but this one looks as if it was cut off in the terminal.  It was the second ticket printed.  It doesn't even have Florida Lotto at the top.  I was going to ask her to cancel it and run it through again, but the clerk told me it's fine because it has all of the required numbers on it.  The only reason I am mentioning this is it doesn't even indicate what game it's for.  I'm not worried because (a) I haven't won anything in so many years anyway and (b) the bar code is on the bottom like the other tickets and they were all printed in sequence.  It just doesn't look like a Lotto ticket to me!

If there is anyone here who works in a retail store that sells lottery tickets, I would appreciate your feedback. 

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
    nashville
    United States
    Member #49896
    February 18, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2007, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I was going to put this on the jackpot forum, but it's more of a general question about how tickets are printed.  Tonight I bought 4 Lotto tickets with my personal numbers.  When the clerk handed them to me I noticed that one of the three was about 2/3 of the normal size.  The other three are the same size, but this one looks as if it was cut off in the terminal.  It was the second ticket printed.  It doesn't even have Florida Lotto at the top.  I was going to ask her to cancel it and run it through again, but the clerk told me it's fine because it has all of the required numbers on it.  The only reason I am mentioning this is it doesn't even indicate what game it's for.  I'm not worried because (a) I haven't won anything in so many years anyway and (b) the bar code is on the bottom like the other tickets and they were all printed in sequence.  It just doesn't look like a Lotto ticket to me!

If there is anyone here who works in a retail store that sells lottery tickets, I would appreciate your feedback. 

i dont know if this applies in anyway but i saw a movie on the usa network once about a guy who had a lottery ticket and the date was torn off but the barcode was fine so he was still able to have the ticket scanned as long as the barcode is visible so if you win i hope florida uses the same guidelines and only cares about the barcode being able to be scanned. i cant remember the name of the movie but it was a usa original movie and the guy pretended to win the lottery as a school project to study how greed would affect his friends and actually two of his friends killed him so they could try to claim the ticket instead of him and they later found out about the school project and they died when they were escaping from the police. it wasnt a great movie but it was still about the lottery so i watched it anyway....

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Just a note:

I lined up the 4 tickets and they are obviously printed from a roll.  They all match up.  So this has nothing to do with the way she processed my cards.  I've just never seen this before in my many years of playing Lotto.  I looked through my shoebox and not one ticket (and believe me, there are hundreds!) was printed this way or is 3/4 of an inch shorter than the others.

Edit:  Thanks TnLotto1.  If by some miracle I get some numbers, I'm sure it will be okay.  (well, not 100%!)  It's so obvious that these 4 were run consecutively at the same store.  However, after reading the news stories where people were told their tickets were misprinted, I really don't like getting something that looks so different and is incomplete. At least it should say LOTTO on it.

(I wonder if I titled this topic "Does size matter?" if I would have gotten a better response!)

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2007, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I have to agree with you on this one. The size of the roll matters. The bigger the roll, the bigger the turn out....lol

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31525 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2007, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

As long as u have a barcode - it's ok.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2007, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

As long as u have a barcode - it's ok.

Thanks.  I really wasn't worried as I already wrote. (okay...just a little!) I'm a creature of habit and it just looks odd to me.  Guess this isn't as uncommon as I thought, although it's the first time I've ever seen it.  All my other hundreds of tickets say Florida Lotto on the top and are 4 inches long.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10388 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I've had different size tickets before, but all the info was on them.

Justxploring, as loing as your ticket doesn't say

KLAATU BARADA NIKTO

it should be all right! 

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Brazil
                Member #51781
                April 24, 2007
                384 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2007, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Strange, some hours ago I was thinking about "Evil Dead"  ...

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                  Jacksonville Florida
                  United States
                  Member #23018
                  October 6, 2005
                  929 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2007, 12:15 am - IP Logged

The ticket terminal printer is at fault. Since the other tickets were correctly printed, it is an intermittent problem with the printer. Chances are it is printing other tickets incorrectly once in a while. As long as the validation numbers and barcode are there the ticket is good.

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone.  I didn't win a dime anyway, not even a free ticket.  Sad