Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You Changed?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How many times have you changed your avatar or quote?

Zero times for both. [ 20 ]  [42.55%]
Changed avatar 1-3 times [ 13 ]  [27.66%]
Changed quote 1-3 times [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
changed avatar and quote 1-3 times [ 4 ]  [8.51%]
Changed avatar 3 or more times [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Changed quote 3 or more times [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Changed avatar and quote 3 or more times [ 5 ]  [10.64%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2007, 3:51 am - IP Logged

Mine has remained the same since I joined lottery post .  I have noticed that many of the quotes I liked to see have changed.  Still good quotes, but they have changed.

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I changed some of mine recently just for the heck of it.

You don't keep the same hairstyle forever do you ?  Wink

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2007, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Well I've kept the same Avatar since I joined in 2005.  I sort of get used to them and associate the member with his or her avatar.  Regarding hairstyles, on July 4 I had my hair cut.  I wish I had stayed with the same long blonde hair I've had forever.  Sad    Fortunately, it will grow! 

Wouldn't it be nice if, like an avatar, we could just pick a style and walk into a booth and walk out in a few minutes?  I wonder what part of "please don't layer my hair" and "is that a razor? please don't use a razor, last time the stylist made a mess, and "I really just want a trim, maybe 2 inches to make it look neat" didn't he understand?  Oh, don't worry, I'm really adorable.  If I buy a cap, I think I can get a job selling Dutch Boy paint. 

I know  No Pity!

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
        Member #28409
        December 15, 2005
        1198 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2007, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Well I've kept the same Avatar since I joined in 2005.  I sort of get used to them and associate the member with his or her avatar.  Regarding hairstyles, on July 4 I had my hair cut.  I wish I had stayed with the same long blonde hair I've had forever.  Sad    Fortunately, it will grow! 

Wouldn't it be nice if, like an avatar, we could just pick a style and walk into a booth and walk out in a few minutes?  I wonder what part of "please don't layer my hair" and "is that a razor? please don't use a razor, last time the stylist made a mess, and "I really just want a trim, maybe 2 inches to make it look neat" didn't he understand?  Oh, don't worry, I'm really adorable.  If I buy a cap, I think I can get a job selling Dutch Boy paint. 

I know  No Pity!

I'm sorry this happened to you justxploring. I completely get what you are saying there about the stylists not listening to you. Mine never does. And she is my mother!Eek

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2007, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Spy, I went back on Thurs in tears & the manager shaped my hair.  However, now it's really, really short.  It's not a big deal since I learned how to walk around with a bad over my head.  LOL  Anyone remember the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show?  I saw him in Vegas in the early 80s. Think his name was Murray Langston.

Hey, at least your Mom doesn't charge you $30 bucks (or does she?)  Funny - in Boston back in 1983-84 I paid $80 for my stylist.  I can't figure out what happened to me.  I was never rich, just seemed to have more money for things.  Now I hunt around for $9 deals with coupons.  This time I went half way (not cheap, not super expensive) and drove to the mall. He actually was a pretty good stylist, but he didn't listen to a word I said.  I'm not the type who can stand in front of a mirror for an hour with curlers or a curling iron.  My hair looks pretty good for a short bob, but I had it sort of like my avatar, sweeping to one side, only longer.  Now when I look in the mirror, I keep asking "Who is that masked woman Kemo Sabe?"

Cool

How did I get on this subject?  Oh, DoubleDown said he changed his avatar and mentioned hair styles......and.....and....and.....

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I bought a clipper 15 years ago and never looked back. No one was able  follow simple instructions cutting my hair.

Many years ago when I was in Saint Olaf, I went to the Gallareia mall in Los Angeles, and the lady was arguing with me about how my hair should be cut. I've never seen anything like it in my entire life. I wanted it a certain way, and she kept insisting otherwise. So you know what I said she could do to herself...not really, but I was thinking of it. Anyway, I think that was the moment where I said I had enough.

I buy a new clipper once every 4 years or so. A good one costs about 50 bucks, and I save a ton of money, and it's done right. 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31369 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Mine has remained the same since I joined lottery post .  I have noticed that many of the quotes I liked to see have changed.  Still good quotes, but they have changed.

Mine has remained same. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                Member #19043
                July 24, 2005
                7378 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2007, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Hi DD i have had the same hairstyle since i was a teen,Shame ,so it's forever for me

Now Everyone i changed my avatar because of my son  who thinks change like pennies nickels and quarters are worthless so i put them in a special jar just like the one on my avatar,i don't really do quotes because i like what everyone else does,they kind of grow on you,Thanks all Delores247

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2007, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Mine has remained same. 

I hope you don't ever change it, Emily.  I just can't picture you as a Chijuajua.

Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    7712 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Put me in the 3 or more times bracket....and I'm not done yet!             

Change is good!    (or so I've heard.....LOL)

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Put me in the 3 or more times bracket....and I'm not done yet!             

Change is good!    (or so I've heard.....LOL)

Where do you find these?  Really cute!  Maybe I have an identity problem, but I'll keep my Avatar.  I might forget who I am otherwise.  LOL

Wish I could figure out how to copy a picture.  I copied a photo of Michael Jackson into "My Pictures" and then tried to copy and paste it here, but it didn't work. 

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
                        Arizona
                        United States
                        Member #52803
                        June 10, 2007
                        88 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I've changed my signature, once. And the signature that I now use is a quote by Groucho Marx. Wink

And since we're on the subject of haircuts, I've been cutting my own hair since 2001. I was never satisfied with going to a hair stylist, they never wanted to cut my hair as short as I wanted it (guess they were scared of all the cow licks!), so I bought one of those "Flowbees" that you plug onto the end of your vacuum, and I've been cutting my own hair ever since! And people say that I do a pretty good job on myself.

Money can't buy you happiness, but I sure could afford the misery that it brings! Wink

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.  I have no idea what a flowbee is, but I need a professional cut.  I'll go back to the manager who fixed my hair.  She was very good.  Of course it will take a year for it to grow back anyway.  So in the meantime, I'll just wear this hat I found.

strawberry shortcake

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7712 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.  I have no idea what a flowbee is, but I need a professional cut.  I'll go back to the manager who fixed my hair.  She was very good.  Of course it will take a year for it to grow back anyway.  So in the meantime, I'll just wear this hat I found.

strawberry shortcake

Here's pac doing the Flowbee!       

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Here's pac doing the Flowbee!       

HA!    LOL

I remember that. I think mine is just a little more advanced than that one....lol  ROFL