Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Very Best

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What article or lottery post have you enjoyed the most? Vote and specify please.

Topic(s) about wise winners [ 2 ]  [6.45%]
Post/Polls about winning systems [ 10 ]  [32.26%]
Post/Polls that tell family stories [ 4 ]  [12.90%]
Stories about foolish winners [ 7 ]  [22.58%]
Stories about scams [ 1 ]  [3.23%]
How to claim stories [ 1 ]  [3.23%]
Other [ 6 ]  [19.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 31 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Stories about families and how they used their winnings for the good are my favorites.  Especially when the family was down and out.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:59 am - IP Logged

I like to read all of the stories.  I do enjoy reading about a family winning.  Recently there was a story about a soldier who came back from Iraq and won money in a pool which is always heartwarming to read.  However, I hate to admit I think the articles about the fools are funnier and we always seem to enjoy ridiculing the people for being stupid, so that's what I checked, since I had to made a choice. 

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
      Florida
      United States
      Member #6147
      August 8, 2004
      1396 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Good Luck!

Stavros

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Foolish winners always get my attention- I guess it's the "no way I'd be that way syndrome"...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2007, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

My favorites are pencil and paper Pick 3 workouts, and Mystical, but I wish Mystical had more discussions on things Mystical than 99% dream number requests.

When there is an actual  discussion going, it quickly gets buried among  yet another batch of dream number requests.

Maybe someday there will be a sub-forum within the Mystical forum.

Wink

"Close call" stories ( missed by one, etc...) are interesting, too.  

I also like the Pick 5 forum, but find it odd it gets so little participation, because of all the games beyond Pick 3 or 4, it's most likely to get hit.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

My first love would have to be the Lottery Systems board though it's seemed to have slowed down a bit as of late. I miss Kola and quite a few others here who used to contribute more systems. I've slowed down a bit myself but I'd like to see it "on and popping" again. 

I enjoy the Pick 5 board also, but again, that seems to have slowed down too.

Westerose
              Canada
              Member #52915
              June 15, 2007
              189 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2007, 2:52 am - IP Logged

I like to see stories about winners who are using their money to live their dreams or live a luxury life that do well.

Like the kid doing the film company.

I think it's tacky when winners tell about charity work and such.

I much rather see them flaut cars and toys than bragg on doing "Good Things" .

One that offended me most was the lady who did the funerals for abandoned children and said those children spirits helped her win the lottery then turns around and says that winning the lottery has ruined her charity because people no longer want to give to it because she has millions....

Well then maybe the reason the spirits helped her win is so she would stop doing it.

My wife and I were talking about this and I said "That is something the only does good in the mind of that lady because of some need in her. It obviously can't help those kids because they are dead."

My wife playing the devil's advocate as she likes to do at times said "Well I guess it would make those mothers who abandoned those children feel better about it knowing someone buried them."

I said " I don't want them to feel better about leaving a baby for dead. No one in their right mind should feel good about that."

She said "You're right."

I believe that lady is a lunatic and if the spirits of those babies did help her win it was so she would stop this insane charity and maybe do something else that would actually help in stopping people from leaving babies for dead. Not something that makes them feel some relief about throwing their baby in a dumpster like that program does.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                Dover, Delaware
                United States
                Member #26979
                November 25, 2005
                178 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2007, 4:56 am - IP Logged

I like to read or hear about >>>>it just so happen stories for example.... I needed to break a $50.00 dollar bill so I bought $10.00 dollars worth of PowerBall tickets and one just sohappen to be the jackpot for $27 million dollars. I like when people say things like "something told me to go play this" or, " I had a gut feeling". Also, I like to hear miracle stories like when this family was homeless and scraped up enough change to play one PowerBall with PowerPlay and won $200,000 dollars. It can happen to anyone and I consider myself anyone.

numbergirly

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Stories about families and how they used their winnings for the good are my favorites.  Especially when the family was down and out.

foolish winners....That's the one i tell all my family and friends about...And news that shocked the world, like the Trillion dollar lottery...